Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

On 15/09/2023 at 00:36, Legend_in_blue said:

The show got off to a shocking start with that Baby Steps garbage but soon recovered.  

:cool:

And...

:cool:

Both look absolutely brilliant. 

Probably also means we won't see Snake Eater until 2025 since there was no mention.

Both look absolutely amazing. Can't wait for Spiderman 2. Really pleased they've added Brooklyn and Queens.

Think the length is about the same as the first one which is probably why they are selling at £63 as it was slightly shorter then most games

2 hours ago, Md9 said:

Finally got myself a ps5 , downloaded the miles moralis spider man game as my son wanted it and will be getting the new Eafc but other than that which of the games are any good that you can download for free? 

Astrobot that comes pre-installed on PS5 is great and a good introduction into using the controller. 

Don’t know about free games particularly but if you can afford a PS Plus subscription you get 100s of games on there and new ones monthly.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Astrobot that comes pre-installed on PS5 is great and a good introduction into using the controller. 

Don’t know about free games particularly but if you can afford a PS Plus subscription you get 100s of games on there and new ones monthly.

I have the ps plus subscription and looks like there maybe some decent games on there just not sure what’s worth downloading . 

14 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I have the ps plus subscription and looks like there maybe some decent games on there just not sure what’s worth downloading . 

Depends what you're after really. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a great platformer. Uncharted, The Last of Us, God of War, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Horizon are all great. Guardians of the Galaxy is fun too if you're after another Marvel thing. 

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

Depends what you're after really. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a great platformer. Uncharted, The Last of Us, God of War, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Horizon are all great. Guardians of the Galaxy is fun too if you're after another Marvel thing. 

I think over the next few weeks might look at the uncharted game and last of us see how I get on. Thanks 👍

55 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I think over the next few weeks might look at the uncharted game and last of us see how I get on. Thanks 👍

Wait. Are you telling me you have never played the Uncharted series? Uncharted 4 is an absolute masterpiece and one of my all time fave PS games.

I would highly recommend playing all of the Uncharted games. They are all great. 

The Last of Us is right up there as one of the best story telling/character developing games ive ever played. Just a brilliantly made game.

Other games ive enjoyed off my subscription are

Returnal - Brutal game but really enjoyable

Sea of Stars - Great little RPG

Ghost of Tsushima - Battle mechanic is well put together with a good story

Persona 5 - Beautiful game with equally brilliant soundtrack

Mass Effect Trilogy - Epic, only word needed to describe it

All of the games Libertine posted are all highly recommended also

Enjoy 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Wait. Are you telling me you have never played the Uncharted series? Uncharted 4 is an absolute masterpiece and one of my all time fave PS games.

I would highly recommend playing all of the Uncharted games. They are all great. 

The Last of Us is right up there as one of the best story telling/character developing games ive ever played. Just a brilliantly made game.

Other games ive enjoyed off my subscription are

Returnal - Brutal game but really enjoyable

Sea of Stars - Great little RPG

Ghost of Tsushima - Battle mechanic is well put together with a good story

Persona 5 - Beautiful game with equally brilliant soundtrack

Mass Effect Trilogy - Epic, only word needed to describe it

All of the games Libertine posted are all highly recommended also

Enjoy 

I have only just got the play station recently as been on Xbox for the last how ever many years so haven’t had a chance to play them .  Also just played FIFA or something similar over the last few years as haven’t really had the time to play other than an hour or so at night so just played that mainly.

think I will have a look at the last of us first over the next few weeks the see how I get on with that . The last game other than fifa I really tried to get into was the evil within but again as didn’t really have the time to sit and get into it fully I gave up with it even though I thought it was decent. 
thanks for this though will give a few of them a try 😊

• Like 1

And best games on ps5 for a new adopter.

Jedi survivor I absolutely loved, best game I've played in a long time, helps if you're a star wars fan obviously. 

God of war a great hack n slash. 

Returnal absolutely brilliant but brutally difficult. 

Astros playroom really is a good introduction to show what the pad can do and a really, really fun little platformer.

Miles morales great spider man fun, with spider man 2 on the horizon worth playing to keep up to date. 

It takes 2 the best couch co op game in many a year, well worth checking out if you have a 8+ year old or a significant other or friend who likes such things. 

Last of Us part 1 if you've never played it before worth the money. Brilliant story and gameplay improved. If you have it's basically just a quality of life and graphical improvement, so definitely not worth the asking price.

Beyond that look on the game catalogue and see what grabs you, hundreds of games on there.

My issue with PlayStation is most their first party games are very samey. Open world, crafting, third person combat. Very samey. 

• Like 1

Callisto Protocol.

Just started chapter 2.  Now unless there is something to send this disastrously downhill, I can't see how it got panned in reviews.  Graphically, it's the best game since Horizon FW, and the melee gameplay feels far better than I thought it would considering the negative press it received at the time. 

It might not have the absolute polish of Dead Space, but it appears to be a decent standalone title nonetheless after the hour or so I've had playing it so far.

What am I not seeing here?  

• Like 1

Now at chapter 6 in Callisto Protocol.  The atmosphere and sound effects are brilliant.  The sound quality is better than Dead Space imo, immersion with headphones in a dark room late at night is excellent.  

I don't understand the criticisms regarding combat.  It's easy enough to pick up and isn't frustrating at all.  Maybe I'm just decent at survival horror games.  :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Now at chapter 6 in Callisto Protocol.  The atmosphere and sound effects are brilliant.  The sound quality is better than Dead Space imo, immersion with headphones in a dark room late at night is excellent.  

I don't understand the criticisms regarding combat.  It's easy enough to pick up and isn't frustrating at all.  Maybe I'm just decent at survival horror games.  :thumbup:

I really want to play this but unfortunately it is having to sit quite a way down my to play list, especially with Spider-Man 2 out in a couple of weeks

38 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I really want to play this but unfortunately it is having to sit quite a way down my to play list, especially with Spider-Man 2 out in a couple of weeks

You might be able to turn it around before then as it's only about 10 hours long.

It will be interesting to compare against Dead Space remake once I get round to that.  The melee is fine as long as you keep the variation going in attacks, making use of the environment, objects which can be thrown, and having quick reflexes with melee to gun and back close quarters combat.  And the foot stomp is far better.  

• Like 1

Star Ocean The Divine Force finished. Took 30 hours.

Decent enough game. Battle system was pretty good. Story started off ok but the last 5 hours dragged a fair bit. Just wanted it to end tbh.

Ive now downloaded Nier Replicant. Has anyone played the Nier games? Ive heard great things regarding Nier Automata so i want to give Nier Replicant (the prequel to Automata) a go to see if i enjoy it.

Just now, kingcarr21 said:

Star Ocean The Divine Force finished. Took 30 hours.

Decent enough game. Battle system was pretty good. Story started off ok but the last 5 hours dragged a fair bit. Just wanted it to end tbh.

Ive now downloaded Nier Replicant. Has anyone played the Nier games? Ive heard great things regarding Nier Automata so i want to give Nier Replicant (the prequel to Automata) a go to see if i enjoy it.

Loved Automata and Replicant is really good too. Extremely bonkers and Japanese. Automata requires multiple playthroughs to see everything and is worth it. Replicant has the same but I couldn't be bothered going through that a second time.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 16:06, Libertine said:

Loved Automata and Replicant is really good too. Extremely bonkers and Japanese. Automata requires multiple playthroughs to see everything and is worth it. Replicant has the same but I couldn't be bothered going through that a second time.

Enjoying Replicant so far even though there is alot of backtracking for the most basic quests. I presume the game expands into more locations than just the neighboring places around the village? Only about 3 hours in 

The Callisto Protocol.  A mixture of the good, the bad and the ugly.  

Started off excellently, the graphics, survival horror, the atmosphere are top notch in the early going.  The sound design is exceptional.

As soon as you get to roughly two thirds, and the first two head encounter, it starts to go downhill.  Takes a lot from RE2 and the Mr X boss fight (tight space, moving lift scenario here which we've seen countless times in RE now) but then it brings back more two heads after that - not twice, not three or four, but five times!  The survival horror takes a back seat and it becomes quicker paced with more run and shoot.  But not in a good way because it's designed to run slow and deliberate.

The final boss encounter is as badly designed as that in RE6.  Anyone who has played Chris Redfields campaign in RE6 will know exactly what I mean lol  It becomes so far removed from how it all started, it just ends up a mess, which is a shame.

And then the true ending is behind an 11 quid dlc.  One YT clip later confirms I'll pass on that.  lol

7/10 for me.  Lots of early potential.  Wasted.