Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

Reviews / demo and general gamer consensus is FF16 is pretty great all be it with a strange FPS mode.

Looks pretty good.  Im not the biggest Final Fantasy fan ever so will probably leave it a while but definitely going to give it a go at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/07/12/playstation-plus-game-catalog-classics-for-july-it-takes-two-sniper-elite-5-twisted-metal/

Games that will be available on Tuesday 18th July

Playstation Plus Extra and Premium:

It Takes Two

Sniper Elite 5

Snowrunner

World War Z

The Ascent

Undertale

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated

Melty Blood: Type Lumina

Dysmantle

Circus Electrique

Dynasty Warriors 9

Samurai Warriors 5

My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure

Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R

Monster Jam Steel Titans

Playstation Premium:

Monster Jam Steel Titans

Gravity Crash Portable

Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal 2

Edited by moore_94

38 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/07/12/playstation-plus-game-catalog-classics-for-july-it-takes-two-sniper-elite-5-twisted-metal/

Games that will be available on Tuesday 18th July

Playstation Plus Extra and Premium:

It Takes Two

Sniper Elite 5

Snowrunner

World War Z

The Ascent

Undertale

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated

Melty Blood: Type Lumina

Dysmantle

Circus Electrique

Dynasty Warriors 9

Samurai Warriors 5

My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure

Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R

Monster Jam Steel Titans

Playstation Premium:

Monster Jam Steel Titans

Gravity Crash Portable

Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal 2

class really wanted to try it takes 2 with the mrs. 

19 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

class really wanted to try it takes 2 with the mrs. 

It's absolutely brilliant, my only complaint was it does go on a bit, but they keep introducing new and fun mechanics pretty much all the way through, and it's laugh out loud funny, exciting, and just a blast, comfortably a 9/10 for me. Look up the mini games in a guide as it won't spoil anything and loads of them are out the way and easily missed, they're lots of fun and adds a competitive aspect to it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smallpauldj said:

Has anyone got a Seagate external hard drive? I've got games but don't have the storage space so thinking of getting one, just wondered if it's easy to use etc? 

Yes.

Super easy.  It need to be a ssd with a heatsink though.

Literally just remove the faceplate and then unscrew the external hard drive cover.  Then slot it in and screw it  down (using washer and screw in the external hard drive bay.  Put HD cover and faceplate back on then switch PS5 on and it'll automatically ask you to format the hard drive and then away you go.

Edited by foxes1988

3 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

Yes.

Super easy.  It need to be a ssd with a heatsink though.

Literally just remove the faceplate and then unscrew the external hard drive cover.  Then slot it in and screw it  down (using washer and screw in the external hard drive bay.  Put HD cover and faceplate back on then switch PS5 on and it'll automatically ask you to format the hard drive and then away you go.

When I looked on Amazon it looked like you just plugged it in via USB. I'm guessing it would come with instructions anyway? If I can build flat pack furniture I'm sure it will be easy :whistle:

43 minutes ago, smallpauldj said:

When I looked on Amazon it looked like you just plugged it in via USB. I'm guessing it would come with instructions anyway? If I can build flat pack furniture I'm sure it will be easy :whistle:

Few years old now, but the below covers some really useful info on the external drive choices.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

PS5 Remnant 2 downloaded, early access tomorrow - look lovely - reviews great - can’t wait :yahoo:

Fantastic. Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 31/08/2023 at 18:16, sharpylcfc said:

So PlayStation are increasing their prices with the lowest price going from £50 to £60 for the year. 

:mad: big increases across the board.  It's not a terrible deal still. I know they wont do it with their big Trip A's but would soften the blow if they had a few day one releases like stray on there.

Edited by foxes1988

Continuing through FF16 and im starting to get a bit bored. Story just doesn't do it for me. No real twists or shocking moments. Its starting to give me FF13 vibes. Very Linear.

Side Quests are all very similar.

I assume i am getting close to the end but im finding myself thinking that im going to be disappointed with how it ends. I love the idea of the Eikons but i fear the final battle will be dull. Lets see.

Also where are Biggs and Wedge? That's pissed me off

44 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Pretty sure I read you can only get a subscription through official ps channels now, as in on the console or through the app. Open to be corrected though. 

I'm quite sure they've also stopped the stacking option where you can keep topping up your subscription well in advance too.

This month's ps+ offering is also very poor so far.  Hopefully the ps extra titles will be better in a week or so.  Still, Sea of Stars looks promising and has reviewed better on metacritic than a certain rival platform's exclusive.  :ph34r:

14 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Pretty sure I read you can only get a subscription through official ps channels now, as in on the console or through the app. Open to be corrected though. 

You can still get the shopto/cdkeys 'gift cards' and top up you wallet tho right?

15 hours ago, Libertine said:

FF7R looks unreeeeal fam. Apparently upto 100 hours playtime across two discs. 😮 

Yes, looks fantastic.  

However, for only the second time since Horizon Forbidden West, I've gone and pre-ordered Spiderman 2.  Looks worth every penny of the £63 imo.  The way in which you can seamlessly switch between Peter and Miles or enter the map in the real time from fast travel is impressive.  It's pushed AC Mirage back for me.  Although I'm looking forward to it, and will get it at some point, the fact that it is only £45 on release suggests there's not much game there to be had in comparison.

• Like 2