Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

3 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered released at midnight. Looking forward to getting stuck into them later on!

Getting this, looks like they’ve done a brilliant job with it and arguably my favourite games growing up. See how many times I have to use a guide, they don’t make games with this type and level of difficulty anymore.

8 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's had mixed reviews.  Needs the Dead Space treatment and a remake imo.

Tomb raider? There are new tomb raiders already and they’re pretty good, this is just a better looking version of the old games with updated controls. Played about an hour and absolutely loving it, if they did a full blown remake they’d get rid of all the old charm, give you hints every 5 seconds and make them as boring and redundant as the vast majority of modern AAA action games.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Tomb raider? There are new tomb raiders already and they’re pretty good, this is just a better looking version of the old games with updated controls. Played about an hour and absolutely loving it, if they did a full blown remake they’d get rid of all the old charm, give you hints every 5 seconds and make them as boring and redundant as the vast majority of modern AAA action games.

Yes  I've done all the Tomb Raiders new and old from start to finish apart from Angel of Darkness.  That was dismal.

Stand out levels in the originals are Venice, the shipwreck and Area 51 from what I can remember.  :thumbup:

Just spent half an hour running around not knowing where to take the 3 cogs I’d collected. That’s the Tomb Raider I love and remember.

It’s brilliant and the ability to switch to the old graphics is a nice touch. The originals have been on steam for a while, but they’ve been too much of a faff to get a controller mapped and working, so this remaster is perfect.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2024 at 10:17, dmayne7 said:

Playing it as well but haven't done for a couple of weeks so must get back and finish it. It's one of those games where I totally understand if fans of traditional FF games hate it. It is very different but that's probably why I like it. Some of the voice acting and general mature tone is fantastic at times (hearing a Geordie/Mackem in a game is surreal). By and large, it leaves behind the stupid bits of Japanese games, I.e. the constant groaning and grunting!

But yes, combat is too easy and the majority of the side quests are abysmal. Definitely an 8/10 though.

I've just done the Titan battle and it was completely OTT insane.  3 crystals down now and 2 to go.  Trying to pick off the hunts as I go along rather than leave them all until the end as well.

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Anyone playing Helldivers 2?

Very tempted

Very good. Love the tongue in cheek vibe.

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

@Legend_in_blue part 2 of the FF7 Rebirth demo is available to play. I'm just about to give it a go now

Yes, I gave it 10 minutes earlier.  I went straight into that closest fiend battle and was completely wiped out within the time limit set to beat them in lol

I need to adjust to this.  Coming off FF16 and into FF7s battle system is completely different.  I never fully mastered FF7s battle system either even after 2 playthroughs.  This demo adds in even more, will take a while to get used to it.

In the meantime I will continue with FF16 and pop up side quest overkill.  There's too many side quests.  I've just done the ocean parting battle and after a decent cut scene now have 8 more sides to do!  It's a great game apart from the sides although some of these later ones have been slightly better.  

I'll get FF7 once I'm finished with it.  I might do the 2nd playthrough for platinum first though.

6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes, I gave it 10 minutes earlier.  I went straight into that closest fiend battle and was completely wiped out within the time limit set to beat them in lol

I need to adjust to this.  Coming off FF16 and into FF7s battle system is completely different.  I never fully mastered FF7s battle system either even after 2 playthroughs.  This demo adds in even more, will take a while to get used to it.

In the meantime I will continue with FF16 and pop up side quest overkill.  There's too many side quests.  I've just done the ocean parting battle and after a decent cut scene now have 8 more sides to do!  It's a great game apart from the sides although some of these later ones have been slightly better.  

I'll get FF7 once I'm finished with it.  I might do the 2nd playthrough for platinum first though.

Yeah i played the demo on normal mode and really struggled to get to grips with the battle system. I think when i get the game i will play it on the easy setting. Im not bothered about the difficulty i just want to enjoy the story. The game looks so good.

The demo only takes 45 mins to get through but still enjoyable. cant wait to get it now

On 19/02/2024 at 22:38, z-layrex said:

I can't believe they've not taken it down from stores until it's sorted. Outrageous tbh.

Is there a joke here I missed?  :dunno: 

Completed Tomb Raider 1 last night. Really enjoyed it, the remaster has been done perfectly in my opinion.

Got straight into Tomb Raider 2, most of the way through the first level and died. It was at that moment I realised I’d forgotten to save. That’s probably my only gripe with the remaster - I quite liked having to reach save crystals in the originals. Added to the difficulty. With the remasters you can save at any point so I find myself saving after anything difficult or whenever I’ve done something I can’t be arsed to do again.

• 2 weeks later...

Caved and bought a PS5 today. Have stuck with Xbox since the 360, but I want to try this Helldivers 2. Will look around the catalogue after but hoping to also pick up God of War, The Last of Us and Uncharted games.

Anything else I should look out for that would be missing from Xbox?

15 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Caved and bought a PS5 today. Have stuck with Xbox since the 360, but I want to try this Helldivers 2. Will look around the catalogue after but hoping to also pick up God of War, The Last of Us and Uncharted games.

From an exclusive POV..

All the Spiderman series

Final Fantasy Intergrade

Demon's Souls

Returnal

One of our forum colleagues will insist upon Horizon FW so I'll put it here to not upset him (even it's an open world Ubigame:ph34r:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Astro's Playroom - basically a fun little tech demo to show off the controller

Ghost of Tsushima

Days Gone - the first couple of hours may be slow but I definitely recommend you stick with it

Kena Bridge of Spirits

Ratchet & Clank

Looking to get into a new game just one of the free ones for now from the monthly subscription. God of war or maybe assassins creed but which one is the best one to start from on there? Do you have to play any from the start to know how to get into them? I played the evil within a long time ago on Xbox, didn’t get that far into it but thinking of giving it another try 

3 hours ago, Md9 said:

Looking to get into a new game just one of the free ones for now from the monthly subscription. God of war or maybe assassins creed but which one is the best one to start from on there? Do you have to play any from the start to know how to get into them? I played the evil within a long time ago on Xbox, didn’t get that far into it but thinking of giving it another try 

God of war the only real reason to play in order is to understand the story. But you can always watch a YouTube video on the story to catch up. I highly recommend GoW3. Absolutely brilliant game.

Assasins Creed is a similar thing, don't necessarily have to play the first game but it helps to know the background of the story. Again YouTube could help.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is my fave, though if you want to play an older AC game then AC2 is brilliant where you play as Ezio.

Some other games I've seen mentioned above which I would also recommend

Days Gone - this game is so good, really surprised me. Doesn't get the plaudits it deserves.

Returnal - a brutal game but really well made and the story is interesting.

Uncharted - this series I would highly recommend playing in order. All of the games are great and Uncharted 4 is one of my all time fave games.

Mass Effect Trilogy - wow I can't begin to describe where this game takes you, storytelling at its absolute best. ME2 and the final mission (Suicide mission it's called) is absolutely iconic.

Skyrim - you can lose many hours to this game. Great open world

Far Cry 3 - a little older than the other Farcry games but FC3 is really good. Well worth a play through.

Fallout 4 - another game where u can lose many hours of your life. 

Christ there are so many games I could list. Really comes down to what type of game you want to play. I'm pretty sure all the above games are downloadable for free if you have premium pass

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one. I’ve set up a child’s account for my child on an old ps4. I’ve set her PSN account as a child to my own and my account is still on the ps4 as primary. I’ve been able to get to my purchased games on her account and I’m currently installing fifa 24. Question is, if I go on the ps5 on my own account and play fifa, will she be able to play it at the same time on hers? Both accounts have PS Plus, the mid tier one.