Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

19 hours ago, Libertine said:

"What a thrill..."

The soundtrack on MGS3 along with The End is the best thing about the game.  The music really adds to the overall experience.

The gameplay of the original feels quite dated now so hopefully this remake will be a significant modern improvement.  Still would have liked a remake of the original game or MGS2 though before this one.

9 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The odd well done remake to a pretty old beloved game was great but fed up of them all now, just put resources towards new games.

I agree although any remake done well of a MGS title is less of a risk as Sony know it will shift a lot of copies regardless.  MGS2 was years ahead of its time when it was originally released - a remake of that will do it no harm at all.

What's the latest with the KoToR remake? 

Almost forgot - Splinter Cell is also getting the remake treatment too!  lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I agree although any remake done well of a MGS title is less of a risk as Sony know it will shift a lot of copies regardless.  MGS2 was years ahead of its time when it was originally released - a remake of that will do it no harm at all.

What's the latest with the KoToR remake? 

Almost forgot - Splinter Cell is also getting the remake treatment too!  lol

I read the kotor remake has been quietly cancelled, switched studios and no news at all, can't remember where I read it now but quoted credible sources. 

• Like 1

On 26/05/2023 at 18:00, Legend_in_blue said:

The soundtrack on MGS3 along with The End is the best thing about the game.  The music really adds to the overall experience.

The gameplay of the original feels quite dated now so hopefully this remake will be a significant modern improvement.  Still would have liked a remake of the original game or MGS2 though before this one.

I really enjoyed the gameplay of MGS 5. I loved planning out how I was going to do the mission to the finest of details only to remember I'm shit at stealth games and shoot my way out.

The sky hook thing was really fun too. And just absurd enough to be in a MGS game.

• Like 1

Clive.  :thumbup:

The demo looks and feels so much better than FFXV.

It's the prettiest game since HFW as well.  Looks absolutely great.  

Not done too much of the demo (around 20 mins) but so far it's great.  Taken me by surprise tbh, didn't think it would be this good.  

Demo is also 5 hours long so plenty more to do.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Killer Frequency

Interesting, and nice to see something a little bit different! You basically play as a late night radio talk show host trying to help a small town being stalked by a murderer.

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Killer Frequency

Interesting, and nice to see something a little bit different! You basically play as a late night radio talk show host trying to help a small town being stalked by a murderer.

Sounds a bit Alan Partridge

2 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Sounds a bit Alan Partridge

Its from Team17 who I think ?? are British, so you could well have found their muse for this game!

15 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Noone tried the FF16 demo? 

Yeh got through it this morning. Quite enjoyed it and will probably get the full game at some point. Bit different and darker than usual FF but looking forward to seeing where it goes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I've just platinumed GOW Ragnarok so just downloaded the demo. Didn't realise the game is out next week. Think I'll trade Ragnarok and Zelda TOTK to buy FF. Hope the demo is good

It's absolutely brilliant imo.  Graphically it's almost on a par with HFW and looks fantastic.  The gameplay is tidy too.  And the cut scenes are :o

Should win a heap of awards this year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's absolutely brilliant imo.  Graphically it's almost on a par with HFW and looks fantastic.  The gameplay is tidy too.  And the cut scenes are :o

Should win a heap of awards this year.

So far I am not impressed with the controls. Character movement feels so bad. Graphically it looks good but I do not think it is HFW levels. Hope the rest of the demo gets me excited as I love the Final Fantasy series

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

So far I am not impressed with the controls. Character movement feels so bad. Graphically it looks good but I do not think it is HFW levels. Hope the rest of the demo gets me excited as I love the Final Fantasy series

Hear what you’re saying about the movement, felt a bit off to me too.