Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

7 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

Anyone who's thinking about games for Christmas worth a look on Amazon on their Black Friday deals, EAFC and UFC 5 both 42 pounds at the moment.

Pricing has been bizarre this week.

Amazon have dropped more prices over the course of the week.  For instance Jedi Survivor is now 25 quid as is RE4.  Yet other titles are pretty much normal prices when on shopto they are cheap.  Currys also doing decent prices which is rare.  Shop around, everyone is doing different prices on different titles.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ended up getting 3 titles in the end.  RE4 was only 25 on amazon, and RE Village 18, FFXVI 35 shopto.  Decent prices overall.  Also need to download Burning Shores for a tenner off the store.

Haven’t played it yet but I can’t remember if I have bought Burning Shores yet either lol need to have a look when I get home

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2023 at 13:46, sharpylcfc said:

Had a pre ordered game turn up today that's due for release tomorrow, obviously can't play it until tomorrow but can I pre install on my PS5 ready for tomorrow?

Should just be able to play it off the disc, but games come with big day 1 patches these days so might want to wait for that. Enjoy Pandora.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Should just be able to play it off the disc, but games come with big day 1 patches these days so might want to wait for that. Enjoy Pandora.

Cheers mate, shall be installing it shortly. Looking at getting an SSD at some point to put inside my PS5.

• 3 weeks later...

Do Sony usually do discounts on consoles in January?

The boy has decided to part with his savings and it'd be nice if his money went as far as possible. He wasn't bothered a couple of months ago so I paid no attention to what they did for black Friday but I imagine that if they did anything it'll be similar this time.

At least you can actually buy them now

On 26/12/2023 at 17:19, Bellend Sebastian said:

Do Sony usually do discounts on consoles in January?

The boy has decided to part with his savings and it'd be nice if his money went as far as possible. He wasn't bothered a couple of months ago so I paid no attention to what they did for black Friday but I imagine that if they did anything it'll be similar this time.

At least you can actually buy them now

There's been some deals but BF was as good as it's been (think summer also had good sales). Got mine in BF for under £400 with Final Fantasy 16

31 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

There's been some deals but BF was as good as it's been (think summer also had good sales). Got mine in BF for under £400 with Final Fantasy 16

That's better than anything at the moment that I've seen.

I think Sony control it all so nothing happens until they say and then it's pretty much the same deals everywhere

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FF7 Rebirth demo is decent, although this is only part 1, part 2 is released in a week or so.  General gameplay feels smoother and the graphics slightly crisper.  Story wise it's excellent as you would expect and the cut scenes look phenomenal.  The soundtracks are upgraded from the first one and the battle theme is superb.  Looking forward to its release, should score highly across the board.

• Like 1

Finally upgraded my PS4 to a PS5 , my plan was to get the Portal at the same time so I can play games whilst working away but I’ve found they’ve been sold out all year pretty much , look like they’re more popular than people thought they would and they’re struggling to keep up with demand 

I’ve got the Backbone but it didn’t work that well with PS4 but hopefully it will be better for PS5 until stick it in ?

On 08/02/2024 at 18:53, Legend_in_blue said:

FF7 Rebirth demo is decent, although this is only part 1, part 2 is released in a week or so.  General gameplay feels smoother and the graphics slightly crisper.  Story wise it's excellent as you would expect and the cut scenes look phenomenal.  The soundtracks are upgraded from the first one and the battle theme is superb.  Looking forward to its release, should score highly across the board.

Finally got around to playing the demo. It's got me pumped for when it's released. I really think this will be my game of the year. 

It takes me right back to that E3 reveal that shut the internet down. I may even play FF7 again in preparation for Rebirth. 

17 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Finally got around to playing the demo. It's got me pumped for when it's released. I really think this will be my game of the year. 

It takes me right back to that E3 reveal that shut the internet down. I may even play FF7 again in preparation for Rebirth. 

It's quality.  The only game I've played through twice on PS5 is FF7 with Intermission.

I'm still working my way through FFXVI though.  I've just done Kupka at the Rosfield's castle which I think is roughly 2/3's of the way through the story.  I intend on doing everything and anything before finishing off the story though so I reckon probably no more than half way through.  I like it - feels old school in how you travel from place to place, the pixel graphics are a nice touch and the similarities with FF7s soundtrack when it appears in game is cool.  The story is a strength too.  I still see this as better than XII and XIII but not on the same level as X.  I think the lack of a party and options which go with that and the gameplay is what holds it back.  My main criticism being the gameplay - it's too easy.  The only time it is tricky is during the boss encounters, which are more about just sticking with it and countering moves repetitively more than any actual difficulty spikes.

Still, it's a good game but not top tier.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's quality.  The only game I've played through twice on PS5 is FF7 with Intermission.

I'm still working my way through FFXVI though.  I've just done Kupka at the Rosfield's castle which I think is roughly 2/3's of the way through the story.  I intend on doing everything and anything before finishing off the story though so I reckon probably no more than half way through.  I like it - feels old school in how you travel from place to place, the pixel graphics are a nice touch and the similarities with FF7s soundtrack when it appears in game is cool.  The story is a strength too.  I still see this as better than XII and XIII but not on the same level as X.  I think the lack of a party and options which go with that and the gameplay is what holds it back.  My main criticism being the gameplay - it's too easy.  The only time it is tricky is during the boss encounters, which are more about just sticking with it and countering moves repetitively more than any actual difficulty spikes.

Can't really disagree with any of that. I enjoyed the story but it was certainly too easy. Which at my age I'm not really bothered about. 

FFX I played through again not long ago. The story is just amazing. 

FF7 Remake I played I didn't bother with Intermission. I may play through it as I need something new to play. I downloaded Call of the Sea but not started it.

Also might play Lego City Undercover. I started it way back on the Wii U and loved it 🤣

15 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Playing it as well but haven't done for a couple of weeks so must get back and finish it. It's one of those games where I totally understand if fans of traditional FF games hate it. It is very different but that's probably why I like it. Some of the voice acting and general mature tone is fantastic at times (hearing a Geordie/Mackem in a game is surreal). By and large, it leaves behind the stupid bits of Japanese games, I.e. the constant groaning and grunting!

But yes, combat is too easy and the majority of the side quests are abysmal. Definitely an 8/10 though.

• Like 1