Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest An Sionnach

George Hirst

Guest Eamonn
7 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Never going to know if you don't try , we have one striker , not one of our other players has even a decent goals per minute record , sometimes you have to throw them in and see and his dad was a good player.

He seems to have started well in PL2. I'd rather he had a loan spell in the Championship first. Maybe Wednesday would take him back for a few months....

48 minutes ago, Eamonn said:

He seems to have started well in PL2. I'd rather he had a loan spell in the Championship first. Maybe Wednesday would take him back for a few months....

He was a hated person when he left, don't think they would welcome him back.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Never going to know if you don't try , we have one striker , not one of our other players has even a decent goals per minute record , sometimes you have to throw them in and see and his dad was a good player.

Yeh this doesn't often work out, just ask Jordi Cruyff! Or Alex Bruce. 

It can be very hard for a young Man to live up to his Fathers reputation.  He hasn't done it yet, But the best thing he can do is just be himself, train and work hard like all good players and see where that takes him.

We should definitely be searching worldwide for a replacement for Vardy. Not necessarily the same type of player but a player who can lead the line and also has pace.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It can be very hard for a young Man to live up to his Fathers reputation.  He hasn't done it yet, But the best thing he can do is just be himself, train and work hard like all good players and see where that takes him.

We should definitely be searching worldwide for a replacement for Vardy. Not necessarily the same type of player but a player who can lead the line and also has pace.

my preferred replacement for Vardy, based on one game that i saw of him is Franky Chan who plays for Salzburg

12 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He was a hated person when he left, don't think they would welcome him back.

I rather got the impression that they had a lot of sympathy for him because of the way the Wednesday management handled him.

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I haven't seen him play so cannot comment but he's the right age and at 6ft 3 in he's going to win a few more headed goals than Vardy.

but not the pace or skill to fulfil the way vardy plays which is what we are set up to do. It’s kind of like putting a shot putter in for the 100 metre race. it’s just not going to end well.

Edited by MPH

8 hours ago, PaulW said:

I rather got the impression that they had a lot of sympathy for him because of the way the Wednesday management handled him.

I didn't get that feeling from their forum. Their was  some sympathy from a few fans but lots of animosity to Hirst and lots & lots to Leicester. They felt we had done them dirty.

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 18:16, MPH said:

but not the pace or skill to fulfil the way vardy plays which is what we are set up to do. It’s kind of like putting a shot putter in for the 100 metre race. it’s just not going to end well.

I know what you mean. Is that Hirst or Chan who doesn't have the pace of Vardy. ?

It may well be that we have to change our whole approach, Which is what I think we need as a pan B

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I know what you mean. Is that Hirst or Chan who doesn't have the pace of Vardy. ?

It may well be that we have to change our whole approach, Which is what I think we need as a pan B

you might be right in a possible need to change how we play one day.

Id be surprised if we changed our whole system without trying out a replacement for Vardy first. Very few have the same pace as him but i’d still rate Chen as Pacey. Hirst reminds me of an attacker we used to have - Ashley Ward. Hirst isn’t a donkey he just doesn’t have the pace to be utilized in the system we have. 

We’d be more likely to change our system for a worldie we get our hands on but not someone who struggled in the Belgian second division..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

you might be right in a possible need to change how we play one day.

Id be surprised if we changed our whole system without trying out a replacement for Vardy first. Very few have the same pace as him but i’d still rate Chen as Pacey. Hirst reminds me of an attacker we used to have - Ashley Ward. Hirst isn’t a donkey he just doesn’t have the pace to be utilized in the system we have. 

We’d be more likely to change our system for a worldie we get our hands on but not someone who struggled in the Belgian second division..

Don’t think his pace is that important to us these days, it’s his hold up play, movement and just sheer ruthlessness that makes him so crucial to the way we play. Attributes that are hard to find.

8 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Don’t think his pace is that important to us these days, it’s his hold up play, movement and just sheer ruthlessness that makes him so crucial to the way we play. Attributes that are hard to find.

think we still need his pace. been sone important counter attacks he’s been a part of and we’ll need more of that as the season progresses 

Guest An Sionnach
5 minutes ago, MPH said:

think we still need his pace. been sone important counter attacks he’s been a part of and we’ll need more of that as the season progresses 

Ulloa gave us a plan b , he scored vital goals and he had little pace .If defences sit deep Jamie's pace is less effective and Ulloa's size created space especially from set pieces.

19 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Pace is always important, It's the one skill you cant really Coach. Players either have it or they don't.

What is difficult is to find a Striker with Pace Skill and Strength.

Guest An Sionnach
22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

What is difficult is to find a Striker with Pace Skill and Strength

That's why Ronaldo is such great player , he uses all three to impose himself . It made up for the lack of genius compared to Messi.

49 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Pace is always important, It's the one skill you cant really Coach. Players either have it or they don't.

What is difficult is to find a Striker with Pace Skill and Strength.

Rather have it than not but in my opinion Vardy hasnt relied on his pace anywhere near like he used to. It’s his movement and natural finishing that makes him so good.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Ulloa gave us a plan b , he scored vital goals and he had little pace .If defences sit deep Jamie's pace is less effective and Ulloa's size created space especially from set pieces.

I don’t think George Hirst is anywhere near the same lvl of player as Ulloa. and probably never will be. Plan Bs are the same as plan As- they’ll only work if you have the players to execute them.

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Rather have it than not but in my opinion Vardy hasnt relied on his pace anywhere near like he used to. It’s his movement and natural finishing that makes him so good.

Your perfectly right, He's less of a one trick pony now and has added timing, positioning and guile to his skill set. Plus it helps greatly when your Manager has great confidence in you.

That rubs off on players and it's one thing BR is good at delivering.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...