Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest An Sionnach

George Hirst

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Continues to impress for the U23s ,gonna have to use him or lose him soon. Anybody know when he is contracted to .

He’s miles away from the first team. 

We have a system that has served us well. If a prospect looks like they might be able to cut it at first team level they will go out on loan.  He had a stint at Leuven that by all accounts was unsuccessful, he would need to go out to the championship and play at a top level (like Barnes did) then he’d be considered for the 1st team. 

Whats the obsession of chucking in players for the sake of it? We really don’t need him at this present time and he isn’t ready. If he knuckles down and keeps improving he will get his chance. 

* In all honesty he probably should have just stayed put at Sheffield Wednesday. But time will tell if he made the right call

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommo220 said:

Continues to improve is a bit of an overstatement to be fair.  

he's scored a couple, but there's no way you'd put him in front of Iheanacho at the minute, let alone Vardy.

..I really don't think anyone was saying that!!!

Got to admit I like the way he plays and he is ready to go out on loan. The fact that we do not play with a big target man does not mean he can not function in a team playing in that fashion. He looks like one for the future, but with our style it now begs the question ....has he really got a future here!!!

Guest An Sionnach
34 minutes ago, MPH said:

i can only assume you are a relative of his.

Never met him , we need striking cover for Vardy that's certain . If the great man get's injured , we have little cover, and I don't believe for a moment Perez can step up. There are players out there we can look at but we will get screwed for anybody who has the right goal scoring record . Iheanacho has failed and failed again to earn his money with us and time has run out. Hirst is 20 not 17 , how many more years does he have to "learn" his job. Our midfielders are getting on the score sheet now but we still need to field a principal striker. Hirst is a tall lad and we do lack height. He would give us another option. Liverpool put 16 and 17 y.olds on the bench, why can't we?

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Never met him , we need striking cover for Vardy that's certain . If the great man get's injured , we have little cover, and I don't believe for a moment Perez can step up. There are players out there we can look at but we will get screwed for anybody who has the right goal scoring record . Iheanacho has failed and failed again to earn his money with us and time has run out. Hirst is 20 not 17 , how many more years does he have to "learn" his job. Our midfielders are getting on the score sheet now but we still need to field a principal striker. Hirst is a tall lad and we do lack height. He would give us another option. Liverpool put 16 and 17 y.olds on the bench, why can't we?

He's young and he's tall? That's all the information I need, get him in the starting eleven before Man City or Barca snatch him away

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
19 minutes ago, MPH said:

so you  you don’t think  that Perez. a proven premier league scorer, who is off the back of a hat trick  in a premier league game and who cost 30million can cover for Vardy, yet Hirst who flopped in the Belgium second division can?

Absolutely bizare logic.

Perez scored most if not all his goals playing alongside Rondon , the Southampton match was a freak, without the sending off would have been a victory but much closer.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Continues to impress for the U23s ,gonna have to use him or lose him soon. Anybody know when he is contracted to .

You're talking shit mate, he's literally just joined our development squad, it's not like he's joined the main squad and been asked to drop back into the development setup 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Hey Perez can definitely step up, don’t quite understand why you’re so negative regarding him, he took all 3 goals superbly last Friday. 
It’s extremely difficult for a young lad to step up nowadays, so much at stake, Europe and all the money that brings, and I think it’s even more difficult for a young striker, he would be under immense pressure, unless he’s another Emile Heskey who came in and never looked back! 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Hey Perez can definitely step up, don’t quite understand why you’re so negative regarding him, he took all 3 goals superbly last Friday. 
It’s extremely difficult for a young lad to step up nowadays, so much at stake, Europe and all the money that brings, and I think it’s even more difficult for a young striker, he would be under immense pressure, unless he’s another Emile Heskey who came in and never looked back! 

Ayoze is a very good player but has never been a principal striker. He should get ten or so this season which will be fine and as good or better than Shinji or Ulloa. We still need a fifteen to twenty man to stay in the top four. Jamie can do that but my point is we need a back up striker who can do a goal every two matches . Man City have Aguerro, Sterling and Jesus , they do not rely on one man ,neither do Liverpool , Arsenal or Chelsea. If we can't bring a striker through soon we are looking at 80 million to buy one.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ayoze is a very good player but has never been a principal striker. He should get ten or so this season which will be fine and as good or better than Shinji or Ulloa. We still need a fifteen to twenty man to stay in the top four. Jamie can do that but my point is we need a back up striker who can do a goal every two matches . Man City have Aguerro, Sterling and Jesus , they do not rely on one man ,neither do Liverpool , Arsenal or Chelsea. If we can't bring a striker through soon we are looking at 80 million to buy one.

Ah yes, George Hirst will be the one to score 15-20 goals. 

• Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Ah yes, George Hirst will be the one to score 15-20 goals. 

Probably not - yet. But what other strikers are we bringing through? We have too many midfielders and any in the development squads are going to struggle to get a game . We have to find young players who can score goals and soon.

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

An Sionnach - what's your agenda here, just be honest mate, because this is a minority view in the extreme, you must have some personal bias here.

He's trying to rouse support for Hirst's appearance in the first team, which will lead to television appearances, which he will eventually use to voice his opinion on political matters, leading to announcement he'll run for prime minister, and once he's elected he'll dissolve a poorly functioning parliament, sign an alliance with the US and declare a trade war on EU aligned countries and then finally an actual war, providing the US with airbase support. I mean like, does having a minority option mean he's got an agenda? I'm of the minority, and some may say extreme, opinion Gray makes an okay squad player but I'm not sure that gives me an agenda.

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He's trying to rouse support for Hirst's appearance in the first team, which will lead to television appearances, which he will eventually use to voice his opinion on political matters, leading to announcement he'll run for prime minister, and once he's elected he'll dissolve a poorly functioning parliament, sign an alliance with the US and declare a trade war on EU aligned countries and then finally an actual war, providing the US with airbase support. I mean like, does having a minority option mean he's got an agenda? I'm of the minority, and some may say extreme, opinion Gray makes an okay squad player but I'm not sure that gives me an agenda.

The above is absolutely incomparable to saying a player who is not that young and has not made 1 first team appearance and struggled in the Belgian 2nd division should suddenly become our replacement to Vardy :D

So yes - clear agenda here - agent / family member / friend / girlfriend I reckon.

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The above is absolutely incomparable to saying a player who is not that young and has not made 1 first team appearance and struggled in the Belgian 2nd division should suddenly become our replacement to Vardy :D

So yes - clear agenda here - agent / family member / friend / girlfriend I reckon.

Or an excited fan with unrealistic expectations? I thought Hughes' endeavors in u23s, albeit without seeing too many of them, could mean he'd get in our first team. Turns out he's doing averagely in league two...

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Your logic is very bizarre. We are not in a position like Man City where we have 2, 15-20 goal strikers in our squad. Nobody has that. Spurs only have Kane. United don't have anyone. Liverpool and Man C are the only teams that have it. We don't have to have 2 top strikers to be in the top 4. We have goals across the teams from Madders, Tielemans, Ricardo and Perez plus Barnes will get a few. I haven't seen much of Hirst but if he is good enough, Rodgers will play him as hes well known for giving youth a chance. As others have said, hed be better being loaned out 1st. If Vardy was injured, I'd be pissed off if we just chucked Hirst in with no decent 1st team experience rather than Iheanacho or Perez.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Probably not - yet. But what other strikers are we bringing through? We have too many midfielders and any in the development squads are going to struggle to get a game . We have to find young players who can score goals and soon.

I can't see anyone coming through while Vardy is playing. He simply doesn't play well with others. And Bren's set the team up so he doesn't have to. Ian and Perez are going to be the backup. Hopefully Hirst, Eppiah and the rest can get loans in the Championship and fill a gap in two years time. No one's going to break through while Vardy is active and when he's not we'll have a horrible transition. Why do you think Bren's so keen on having goal scoring wingers and midfielders rather than buying another top class striker?

4 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

...totally agree!!!

He is a confident player, not fazed by the people around him, would be interesting to see him get five to ten minutes at the end of a game to see how he performs. Not a player to suit our style but I really rate him.