Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest An Sionnach

George Hirst

I watched him last night and he was superb. His play is typical to that of harry kane before he hit the big time. His foot work his improving and whilst his pace will always be likened to kane/de bruyne, he can effectively run into channels and create play as well as run through the middle and play the lone striker like he did yesterday. I personally rate him and would like to see him on the bench soon.. 

• Like 1

Reckon he should go on loan in the championship next season. Be a great test for him. 

Maybe even his beloved Sheffield Wednesday if that’s easy to organise and there isn’t too much bitterness about the underhand way in which we acquired him.

Guest An Sionnach

He should certainly be at a championship club , Div One will not help him at all. A year or two down the line he could be a great asset to us , however we still desperately need another experienced striker.

Edited by An Sionnach

26 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Reckon he should go on loan in the championship next season. Be a great test for him. 

Maybe even his beloved Sheffield Wednesday if that’s easy to organise and there isn’t too much bitterness about the underhand way in which we acquired him.

there is …...

29 minutes ago, shanetko said:

We would never get him back (in one piece anyway)

I would Play him with Nacho,against Brum...

Lets see what he can do....Tell him Hes going to get 60-70 minutes...

My front 3 for tomorrow.  Gray..Hirst..Nacho

My midfield...Tielemans, to Play AM.. Then Praet  , Ndidi ( also 60-70 mins) then Choudry.

Defence...Fuchs. Bennet..Morgan...Justin

Gk. Ward.

Bench..Jaku..Choudhury, Maddison, Leshabela,Albrighton,Evans,Perez

I want us to give a couple of the Fringe players,a Taste of the higher competition..

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I would Play him with Nacho,against Brum...

Lets see what he can do....Tell him Hes going to get 60-70 minutes...

My front 3 for tomorrow.  Gray..Hirst..Nacho

My midfield...Tielemans, to Play AM.. Then Praet  , Ndidi ( also 60-70 mins) then Choudry.

Defence...Fuchs. Bennet..Morgan...Justin

Gk. Ward.

Bench..Jaku..Choudhury, Maddison, Leshabela,Albrighton,Evans,Perez

I want us to give a couple of the Fringe players,a Taste of the higher competition..

I’d love to see this. Doubt he’d play 2 days after playing for u23 though.

3 hours ago, shanetko said:

Haven’t they appointed m’learned friends to sue our ass - that’s showing a bit of bitterness 

Guest An Sionnach
39 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Those wanting him to play have you actually seen him? He's one of those tall gangly strikers I don't think he suits the first team style.

That's it though , he is totally different to our other strikers so he offers another option.

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That's it though , he is totally different to our other strikers so he offers another option.

Rodgers has said in the past he’s not interested in Target man type strikers though?

Guest An Sionnach
6 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Rodgers has said in the past he’s not interested in Target man type strikers though?

He seems to score mostly with his feet so I think he is a bit more than a traditional target man. Best comparison is Tammy Abraham. Very long legs to connect with low crosses.

Edited by An Sionnach

22 minutes ago, shanetko said:

I think he’s a bit more than that but it’s a fair point. He is not a small lad so he’ll be labeled as such. He’s surely due a loan. He’s scoring for fun atm

Edited by Foxxed

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

Those wanting him to play have you actually seen him? He's one of those tall gangly strikers I don't think he suits the first team style.

When you consider Under 23s is akin to about Conference level as well. He needs games on loan at League 1/Championship standard before blooding him in the first team. His season in a competitive competition with Leuven was a disaster

18 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

How old is he? 20? 21? I'm sure another game within a couple of days won't kill him. 

If we were considering him, he wouldnt have played.  Its not about his age, its a competitive game and we obviously want our players to be at their highest level, so why would they let him play that game if they were considering it. 

Would be nice if he was on the bench, but I just cant see it. 

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He should certainly be at a championship club , Div One will not help him at all. A year or two down the line he could be a great asset to us , however we still desperately need another experienced striker.

Well he was offered to League 1 clubs in Jan for a loan and there were no takers so ineoyld highly doubt a championship club would take him for a season.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

I fear this scenario, Vardy not fully fit and not scoring then Kelechi gets an injury . All we can then do is use Barnes and Perez as our main strike force because we have nothing else. I mean it could work but I am not too confident. That' s why a match like this at least gives him a chance of a bit of a start.