Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

10 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It doesn’t say anybody has changed their mind, which is what you have repeated.

Firstly I've previously posted the poll of polls which showed that there is a majority for remain. 

Secondly in the post I just made you can see on the graph the change in people's view of brexit. 

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/opinion-polls/euref2-poll-of-polls-2/

Just now, HappyHamza said:

Firstly I've previously posted the poll of polls which showed that there is a majority for remain. 

Secondly in the post I just made you can see on the graph the change in people's view of brexit. 

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/opinion-polls/euref2-poll-of-polls-2/

So the polling shows it’s exactly where it was pre referendum then. No huge swing?

3 hours ago, MattP said:

By the end of the last parliament over 30% of Liberal Democrats weren't even elected under the banner of that party. 

Many MP's simply lied to get elected, that was the real scandal.

Or the right wing rump of the Tory party took over and alienated those who were elected when it was a somewhat broader church.

4 hours ago, MattP said:

I've never said Trump is an economic genius - on the contrary I've said his economic policy is a huge gamble and if he doesn't repatriate enough overseas tax he'll have ran up a dreadful level of debt for no reason.

I'm blocking you now anyway as just coming back to the forum is so many different guises with different political opinions is just so weird. 

What makes you think this and how do you know it’s true. Sounds a bit tinfoil hat to me, and if untrue is an unwarranted slur.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, HappyHamza said:

Yep, when you read about how long the Met Police sat on all this evidence and considering Cressida Dick has come away with a peerage (or equivalent nonsense) it stinks of corruption and cover ups, the BBC are nowhere near it. Exactly why I will never respect the referendum result.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Or the right wing rump of the Tory party took over and alienated those who were elected when it was a somewhat broader church.

Of course the alternative view here is that it was took over by people who wanted to uphold the manifesto commitment to leave the European Union. Ed Vaizey and Michael Fabricant are still in, hardly right wingers. The whip was also given back to others.

I mean look at Amber Rudd for example, that situation shows how ridiculous it all is....

Accepts a position in the Cabinet backing Boris

Then resigns saying Boris has no intention of getting a deal

Boris gets deal

She then votes against getting his deal through

The party is completely right not to give into this nonsense anymore - "one nation conservatism" is a very broad definition and it certainly doesn't mean that you just vote Remain, despite what the liberal media want to tell us,

Does my head in that the narratives are anybody that votes for Labour wants to spend everybody else's money, hates the rich, loves terrorists and never wants to work. Just as bad that anybody that votes for the Tories hates the poor, wants to sell the NHS, loves defending billionaires and is incredibly selfish etc

It's so pathetically lazy to whittle it down to basic, untrue arguments but they make headlines and get clicks.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Former Conservative MP for Loughborough to stand in John Bercow's former seat for the Lib Dems.

Was my mums mp for years when the boundaries changed and he was mp for Charnwood. Ironically she's nearly always voted Lib Dem.

30 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Was my mums mp for years when the boundaries changed and he was mp for Charnwood. Ironically she's nearly always voted Lib Dem.

Cock up Dorrell, was always a Lib Dem anyway. 

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Seeing as you supposedly vote for the local mp, it would have been interesting to see him stand as a lib dem in charnwood. He was good enough in blue for years, so surely he's good enough in yellow. But we all know you could put a blue rosette on a steaming dog turd and it would get elected in charnwood lol

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Seeing as you supposedly vote for the local mp, it would have been interesting to see him stand as a lib dem in charnwood. He was good enough in blue for years, so surely he's good enough in yellow. But we all know you could put a blue rosette on a steaming dog turd and it would get elected in charnwood lol

Not to mention loads of those who would never vote Tory will now vote for him lol

One of the great things about the referendum is that it has shown up those standing who didn't agree with its constituents.

ST reporting Osborne, Heseltine and even David Mellor are considering going yellow. 

The Lib Dems are effectively now becoming the pro EU Tories lol

4 hours ago, MattP said:

i wrote to him before Hillborough about id cards for football fans.  he thought it a marvellous idea because Maggie thought it was and he wanted a job. Spineless!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pleatout said:

i wrote to him before Hillborough about id cards for football fans.  he thought it a marvellous idea because Maggie thought it was and he wanted a job. Spineless!

I emailed current Charnwood MP, Ed Argar, about Safe standing and his reply was the biggest cop out I'd ever seen. Couldn't have towed the party line anymore. Frustrates me that FPTP should lead to better local representation than other systems but it doesn't when you have some Oxford c unt parachuted in from Kent. This is probably a somewhat unpopular opinion but I care far more about Leicestershire than I do about England, or Britain or the UK or Europe. 

• Like 3

In my opinion, British politics is in the biggest mess it’s been in for decades.

I have some political schooling, but at present have no idea who or what the parties stand for. At least Mrs Thatch had some political idealogy (The New Right) so you pretty much knew what you’d be getting if you voted Tory back then.

Now politics reflects the times. It’s all image, popularist policy making and childish piss-taking.

I have no idea who I’ll vote for this time. I’d go Labour but I can’t vote for the little Weasel that is Corbyn, backed by ghastly figures like Dianne Abbott. 
Boris is naught but an old toff and the Lib Dem’s will again be preaching green cars and nut roasts whilst not really having any faith or belief in themselves.

I might abstain, for the first time ever. God knows the country needs a fresh approach to politics.

Edited by Col city fan

22 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Pissed off with hearing Tory MPs saying they will get Brexit done in a matter of weeks, it's absolute bollocks.

They may get this stage of Brexit done, but brexits gonna take years to get done. 

The only way to sort brexit in a matter of weeks is to revoke article 50 and that isn't the answer either as brexiteers rightly aren't going to accept that. 

The bullshit rhetoric of "get Brexit done" needs to get in the bin though.

I understand what you are saying the withdrawal agreement sets the framework for our withdrawal but there is still a future relationship to sort. However brexit is the exit, so that part will be done. Even if there is still a hell of a lot more to sort out.

40 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Pissed off with hearing Tory MPs saying they will get Brexit done in a matter of weeks, it's absolute bollocks.

They may get this stage of Brexit done, but brexits gonna take years to get done. 

The only way to sort brexit in a matter of weeks is to revoke article 50 and that isn't the answer either as brexiteers rightly aren't going to accept that. 

The bullshit rhetoric of "get Brexit done" needs to get in the bin though.

It's gets leaving the European Union done, that's pretty significant.

23 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I understand what you are saying the withdrawal agreement sets the framework for our withdrawal but there is still a future relationship to sort. However brexit is the exit, so that part will be done. Even if there is still a hell of a lot more to sort out.

Farage does not agree on the BBC this morning!