Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Yeah - but if it was Corbyn it wouldn’t be reported in the Gaurdian 

I'm not suggesting that The Guardian don't have an agenda, but I suggest they would be more likely to publish negative press regarding Corbyn than say the Telegraph would with Johnson. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/25/labour-jeremy-corbyn-party-leader-brexit-boris-johnson

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/22/failed-watson-plot-exposes-what-really-scares-corbyn-and-his-coterie

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/29/jeremy-corbyn-labour-party-brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/17/antisemitism-labour-party-jeremy-corbyn-margaret-hodge

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

This isnt suspicious at all..

Good job this isn't Corbyn otherwise he would be absolutely slaughtered.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/04/no-10-blocks-russia-eu-referendum-report-until-after-election

We're gonna see a lot more of this stuff coming out, it's all in the public domain but nobody (ahem BBC) is reporting on it. I suppose more evidence of fraud and illegality would be unfair with a big election coming up.

Absolutely mental levels of corruption.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Jo Swinson seemingly sent some sort of suspicious powder in the post (no Keith Vaz jokes).

Also, Tory candidate forced to apologise for saying that people on a benefits tv show should be 'put down'. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-50283520 

What a state. 

This is my constituency. Traditionally between Tory and labour and the reason I would vote labour again even though I'm no fan of Corbyn. 

It's a bit of a storm in a teacup but traditional Tory mindset too, so it doesn't look good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

This is my constituency. Traditionally between Tory and labour and the reason I would vote labour again even though I'm no fan of Corbyn. 

It's a bit of a storm in a teacup but traditional Tory mindset too, so it doesn't look good.

Yeah, certainly been blown out of proportion but why anybody in that position wouldn't think twice about posting something like that on social media is beyond me. 

At least she didn't go with a classic, 'I was hacked' or a personal favourite 'It was a pocket post'. 

12 hours ago, RobHawk said:

No, but it highlights the bullshit spouted by many leavers that they would have accepted the result had it been the other way round. 

Many of them would have followed Farage and let's be honest, he would be everywhere as he's still be relevant. 

Farage has been the Brexit poster boy and it's only now that leavers are starting to really see him for what he is because in their eyes he threatens Brexit for standing up for his Brexit and not Boris'. 

Either way, the point of it all is a second ref wouldn't be so bad. Sure it's not ideal, but the Brexit impasse we have found ourselves in for the last year was created by leavers like the ERG not being happy with the version of Brexit that was put on the table.

It’s very difficult to say how you would have reacted with any sincerity let’s be honest. Yes I get what you are saying and you’re probably right many would have pushed for a second referendum. I just hope we can all settle down after the deal is made or not and find some common ground to be honest. I’m tired of all this, and the whole back and forth is not good for anyone.

I have plenty of respect for people on the opposite side of brexit and I just really hope this whole thing bites nobody on the arse.

• Like 1

Lindsey Hoyle elected speaker - good choice.

He has a huge job now restoring impartiality to his chair and office after recent events.

Delighted to see Harman totally bomb. 

Edited by MattP

7 hours ago, Milo said:

Yeah - but if it was Corbyn it wouldn’t be reported in the Gaurdian 

Well it wasn't reported by the state television service until repeatedly asked why by 50k people on twitter. The bias in newspaper reporting has always existed as most openly take political sides. The impartial BBC in contrast is at worrying levels of Tory support, and people (not very bright people) tend to believe everything the BBC say. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Yeah, certainly been blown out of proportion but why anybody in that position wouldn't think twice about posting something like that on social media is beyond me. 

At least she didn't go with a classic, 'I was hacked' or a personal favourite 'It was a pocket post'. 

Seems to be quite common on both sides to be fair:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-50292235

• Like 1

9 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Jo Swinson seemingly sent some sort of suspicious powder in the post (no Keith Vaz jokes).

Also, Tory candidate forced to apologise for saying that people on a benefits tv show should be 'put down'. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-50283520 

What a state. 

....and another comes to light

A Labour general election candidate has apologised for saying she would "celebrate" the deaths of world leaders, including Tony Blair.

Zarah Sultana wrote on social media in 2015: "Try and stop me when the likes of Blair, Netanyahu and Bush die."

In her apology on Monday, Ms Sultana said she had been "exasperated by endless cycles of global suffering, violence and needless killing".

She is contesting the Coventry South seat on 12 December.

I bet they’re all looking back over their media posts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

....and another comes to light

A Labour general election candidate has apologised for saying she would "celebrate" the deaths of world leaders, including Tony Blair.

Zarah Sultana wrote on social media in 2015: "Try and stop me when the likes of Blair, Netanyahu and Bush die."

In her apology on Monday, Ms Sultana said she had been "exasperated by endless cycles of global suffering, violence and needless killing".

She is contesting the Coventry South seat on 12 December.

I bet they’re all looking back over their media posts.

TBF a lot of people celebrated when Thatcher died. Celebrating someone’s death does not necessarily imply that you want someone to kill them. I will certainly celebrate when Trump and Murdoch die, I can’t wait.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You have to have a pretty warped mindset to celebrate the deaths of politicians or media moguls.

I'm not displeased when murderers, rapists etc die but I don't celebrate.

The parties when Thatcher died were pretty disgusting whatever you thought of her as a politician.

I didn’t celebrate Thatcher. Trump and Murdoch have had such a negative effect on the whole planet that I will be pleased when they are gone ( if I don’t go first). 

You do do understand that being pleased when someone dies doesn’t actually make it happen?

Edited by WigstonWanderer

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You have to have a pretty warped mindset to celebrate the deaths of politicians or media moguls.

I'm not displeased when murderers, rapists etc die but I don't celebrate.

The parties when Thatcher died were pretty disgusting whatever you thought of her as a politician.

Expecting civility when a figure so obviously polarizing passes on, whether it's Thatcher, Murdoch, Maduro, or whoever else (regardless of what end of the pole they belong to) is a bit of a fools errand when the political is very personal - as it is these days, IMO.

Those folks choose to play the system as it is and be happy and comfortable with having enemies (they take that as a sign they're doing the right thing) so it's not really much of a surprise those same enemies like the idea of them not being round anymore.

It's the system, the idea that politics has to be adversarial and "us and them", that is the real problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

TBF a lot of people celebrated when Thatcher died. Celebrating someone’s death does not necessarily imply that you want someone to kill them. I will certainly celebrate when Trump and Murdoch die, I can’t wait.

I find anybody "celebrating" the death of another human being quite weird to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

I find anybody "celebrating" the death of another human being quite weird to be honest. 

Celebrate might be too strong a word. I wouldn’t be arsed to go for drink or anything, but certainly won’t shed a tear. They have (IMO) had, in their own ways, an exceptionally malign influence on the course of history. Perhaps I am weird.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

We all will die, some the sooner the better. Some would be sorely missed. I don’t know why enjoying the demise of someone you don’t like is that weird tbh.

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

How do you feel about pissing on the homeless?

Terrible, wasn't my fault though as I've said before. 

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Celebrate might be too strong a word. I wouldn’t be arsed to go for drink or anything, but certainly won’t shed a tear. They have (IMO) had in their own ways a malign influence on the course of history. Perhaps I am weird.

That's fair enough, why is it always rich westerners though you lot on the left hate?

I mean there are people ten times as evil as these guys on the planet now and they never get a mention.