Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

9 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Did I just see someone, in a low key sort of way, come out as married? 

:cheers:

As good as lol Proposed at the top of St Paul's a couple of months ago.

Wedding in two years at a very famous Leicester church followed by a piss up (I'm certainly not paying for this nonsense of everyone eating) - exactly how it should be.

Farage seems more interested in continuing to disrupt the EU and undermine negotiations between the two parties. Starting to wonder whether the conspiracy theories are true and him and Trump are Russian agents.

I have to admit I'm quite surprised at Brexiters being surprised by Farage's behaviour. Surely it was always reasonably obvious what's good for Nigel Farage trumps what is best for the country. 

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

As good as lol Proposed at the top of St Paul's a couple of months ago.

Wedding in two years at a very famous Leicester church followed by a piss up (I'm certainly not paying for this nonsense of everyone eating) - exactly how it should be.

White Dee is one fine women, you will be very happy together.:thumbup:

I hope the best man, Jim the washing machine repair man will well enough to sort the stag?

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Yeah. And now Boris has cleared out pretty much every Remainer from the party Farage still guns for them.

I get the feeling big Nige won't ever vote for a deal unless it commits us to bombing Belgium.

This echos my thoughts. Farage is essentially why we've still got a hope of a Brexit, but I think he's playing this one massively wrong.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This echos my thoughts. Farage is essentially why we've still got a hope of a Brexit, but I think he's playing this one massively wrong.

Farage is smart enough to know what he's doing. We just don't know exactly what he's doing. 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

He's certainly a lot smarter than most of us! 

Speak for yourself lol 

When I say he's smart, I think he's always understood the lay of the land very well, and he knows what buttons to press. You could argue he's been one of the most successful politicians of the last 70 years as he has totally altered the trajectory of the country. So, I don't think he's "making a mistake" or anything like that. The guy has an agenda, and without getting to too tinfoil hatty I am not not sure what he wants is the same as what Johnson wants, or even what most Brexiters want. It'll be interesting over the next few years what comes out about him.  

16 minutes ago, bovril said:

Speak for yourself lol 

When I say he's smart, I think he's always understood the lay of the land very well, and he knows what buttons to press. You could argue he's been one of the most successful politicians of the last 70 years as he has totally altered the trajectory of the country. So, I don't think he's "making a mistake" or anything like that. The guy has an agenda, and without getting to too tinfoil hatty I am not not sure what he wants is the same as what Johnson wants, or even what most Brexiters want. It'll be interesting over the next few years what comes out about him.  

I think that's a brilliant way to put it. Being a successful politician isn't always about being the smartest person in the room, its knowing how to push the buttons of your "target audience". 

Farage knows exactly how to rustle up support from his audience and how to sow seeds of doubt in other party voters. 

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Any truth in this and we are surely heading for a Tory majority.

I’m pretty sure we are to be honest Matt. The only real possibility as far as I can envisage personally is a huge defection to Lib Dem’s from both major parties as protests votes against either Brexit or either of the unlikable party leaders, combined with the LD’s forming a coalition/min gov with the likes of SNP & Greens.

But it’s all a massive long shot. Boris will have his day, and erode worker and human rights, fornicate with big business, ignore environmental needs and throw middle England a bone before heavily rewarding the few not the many and drive Britain into an insular nation owned by the US.

Exciting times ahead :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’m pretty sure we are to be honest Matt. The only real possibility as far as I can envisage personally is a huge defection to Lib Dem’s from both major parties as protests votes against either Brexit or either of the unlikable party leaders, combined with the LD’s forming a coalition/min gov with the likes of SNP & Greens.

But it’s all a massive long shot. Boris will have his day, and erode worker and human rights, fornicate with big business, ignore environmental needs and throw middle England a bone before heavily rewarding the few not the many and drive Britain into an insular nation owned by the US.

Exciting times ahead :ph34r:

Don't forget sell the NHS to Donald Trump, send all Muslims to Mars and eat every tenth Scottish child.

Just now, MattP said:

Don't forget sell the NHS to Donald Trump, send all Muslims to Mars and eat every tenth Scottish child.

I didn’t think I’d forgotten the NHS sale to the US but the Muslims to Mars I readily expect to be on the manifesto, though eating every tenth Scottish child will be contentious due the need for chlorine cleansing to get the deep fried oil out of the poverty blood - I’d say he’s more likely post election to bring back the death penalty or invoke Prima Nocta. 

I do however think in his term he may well legalise/decriminalise cannabis because of the taxation and revenue benefits.

14 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I didn’t think I’d forgotten the NHS sale to the US but the Muslims to Mars I readily expect to be on the manifesto, though eating every tenth Scottish child will be contentious due the need for chlorine cleansing to get the deep fried oil out of the poverty blood - I’d say he’s more likely post election to bring back the death penalty or invoke Prima Nocta. 

I do however think in his term he may well legalise/decriminalise cannabis because of the taxation and revenue benefits.

I'd be very surprised if so, it's a hardly a policy for the faithful.

Would he even have the numbers anyway? Labour don't support it either.

Weren't the predicted revenues only a billion pounds anyway?

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'd be very surprised if so, it's a hardly a policy for the faithful.

Would he even have the numbers anyway? Labour don't support it either.

Weren't the predicted revenues only a billion pounds anyway?

The revenues and taxation will far exceed a billion once the industry gets in full swing and the US have ready made ops models to bring in. It may also win him some of the youth vote as his 70yrs plus majority dies off. They’ll I think be an appetite for it with a similar split to Brexit once the financial and realism cases have been properly promoted. Maybe it’ll be the new referendum topic of the 2020’s?!! 

Anyway, back on topic - I’m still undecided who to pointlessly vote for in my Tory majority constituency. 

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

The revenues and taxation will far exceed a billion once the industry gets in full swing and the US have ready made ops models to bring in. It may also win him some of the youth vote as his 70yrs plus majority dies off. They’ll I think be an appetite for it with a similar split to Brexit once the financial and realism cases have been properly promoted. Maybe it’ll be the new referendum topic of the 2020’s?!! 

Anyway, back on topic - I’m still undecided who to pointlessly vote for in my Tory majority constituency. 

Would be delighted to have a referendum on it. Power to the people and it's always great to see just how out of touch our parliament is with the public.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

Would be delighted to have a referendum on it. Power to the people and it's always great to see just how out of touch our parliament is with the public.

I reckon any future referendum though should warrant the need for a 65% majority to be carried.