Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Match day parking

On 29/11/2019 at 09:56, Wrighty22 said:

Just park in the Local Hero car park, but make sure you go in there to register your car.

I would never park or use any establishment that considers it appropriate to employ Parking Eye to manage it's parking. It only takes a minor error such as one digit of your registration being entered incorrectly and you'll reiceive a £100 charge and a very stressful appeal process many of which end up in court and a CCJ. Be warned. 

23 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I would never park or use any establishment that considers it appropriate to employ Parking Eye to manage it's parking. It only takes a minor error such as one digit of your registration being entered incorrectly and you'll reiceive a £100 charge and a very stressful appeal process many of which end up in court and a CCJ. Be warned. 

If you put your own reg in wrong that’s your own fault. 

33 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

10 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

If you put your own reg in wrong that’s your own fault. 

My dad had an issue where he was in a cycling race, had parked his car at the shop with permission of the manager, who then entered his reg in wrongly despite having it written down for him, and my dad spent a week or so fighting the subsequent fine 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

My dad had an issue where he was in a cycling race, had parked his car at the shop with permission of the manager, who then entered his reg in wrongly despite having it written down for him, and my dad spent a week or so fighting the subsequent fine 

Parking Eye cannot issue fines only charges for breach of contact that, they say, you have entered into by parking there. If he managed to overturn it in a week then he was very fortunate. The parking industry is out of control which is why legislation is currently being written to end the unfair practices being employed. Much the same as clamping on private land that was made illegal by POFA 2012. Many of those running parking cowboy companies are those that have moved on from the clamping firms and rake in massive profits by using bullying and harrasment tactics. 

19 minutes ago, Illusion35 said:

I don’t understand why anyone would pay to park when there’s perfectly good on street parking which is free. I always park on Saffron Lane. 

Some people just don't want to park on the road? Either wanting to be closer to the ground or wanting the added security the pay to park areas sometimes give.

For what its worth I park like 15/20 away and walk in.

My suggestion is around Westcotes park near us for an easy getaway, although you say that it isn't a priority. There are a lot of spaces but they do fill up. 90 minutes before kick off you are going to find space, but by an hour to go you will struggle. We live on the sw side of the railway line, and the line is where the residents parking stops, as you head sw out of town, on Fosse Road South. 20 minutes walk but easy for the motorway.

I did think posting this might be a bad idea but we are always overwhelmed on match day anyway, it's hardly a secret. You always get the odd comedian parking like they stole it, and a whole host of others that are merely illegally parked.

Tbf, I would do the same. Going to the footy isn't cheap, and there isn't enough paid parking at reasonable rates. Most folks don't like being exploited.

It's the days when the rugby is at home that it annoys me. :D

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Michael2510 said:

Are you sure that will apply for boxing day game as Morrisons will be shut so surely the ways to get in will be closed. 

I’m not sure about Boxing Day,

do they even have gates there🤷🏻‍♂️
another option is to park on the odeon car park,

go in either Nando’s or odeon and register you car for 3 hours free parking(might even be 4 hours),

obviously it’s intended for paying customers but you’ll get away with it at odeon Easily 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this subject up again....

We coming over from Skegness and haven't been this way for a couple of years, used to park upperton road area but any ideas as rugby could take a fair bit of parking? 

Got a few young children and in 2 cars.

Iv googled loads and local knowledge usually best

Appreciate costs involved 😁😆

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/double-yellow-line-plan-aylestone-3793801

“Long term plans to introduce a residents parking zone in the streets of Aylestone Road “

If we ever expand the ground they are going to need to do something big on transport given the council are seemingly hell bent on taking every free parking space away