Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

Getting brexit done!

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It does make me laugh. Brexit came about because of 20 ****ing years of whinging (all based on falsehoods mind) building up to that point. It was literally Farage and co bitching for so long and building a following that got us to that point. Now you think people can't complain in the other direction, seriously, **** off.

Plenty of people told us to shut up complaining, suck it up sister.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Plenty of people told us to shut up complaining, suck it up sister.

Did they? I don't recall that.

And you never answered my earlier question I see.

Edited by Facecloth

All that said, I'm not getting involved in any rejoin groups or mass complaining, I'm just gonna sit back and let you all realise what a cluster**** this all is. The deal doesn't actually do that much, in terms of anything promised in the campaign. We get tariff free access to SM, but we still have to follow EU rules on making them, but get no say. I don't know the ins and outs, but I heard an expert on European law the other say saying we won't be as free from the European Court of justice than we think we are. We don't need to complain, you'll all be complaining yourselves soon enough when you realise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Why did I need too?

Well you responded to it, without answering. The polite thing would be to answer it. I just assume you can't, because there is no answer. Its a question that's been asked for the last 5 years and never been answered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

All that said, I'm not getting involved in any rejoin groups or mass complaining, I'm just gonna sit back and let you all realise what a cluster**** this all is. The deal doesn't actually do that much, in terms of anything promised in the campaign. We get tariff free access to SM, but we still have to follow EU rules on making them, but get no say. I don't know the ins and outs, but I heard an expert on European law the other say saying we won't be as free from the European Court of justice than we think we are. We don't need to complain, you'll all be complaining yourselves soon enough when you realise.

The smugness will suit you very well. I hope it makes you happy.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well you responded to it, without answering. The polite thing would be to answer it. I just assume you can't, because there is no answer. Its a question that's been asked for the last 5 years and never been answered.

Then why are you asking questions you know there is no answer for? Says more about you than me.

You also responded to my question without an answer, we must be more alike than we realised. Shame it means we are both rude.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Then why are you asking questions you know there is no answer for? Says more about you than me.

You also responded to my question without an answer, we must be more alike than we realised. Shame it means we are both rude.

Well if there's no answer it kinda proves the point that brexit is based on falsehoods and lies, and there's nothing you can do from today onwards that the EU stopped you doing.

I never said I wouldn't answer you, I just asked mine first, so it would the custom and the polite thing to answer mine and then follow up with your question.

Edited by Facecloth

Just now, Facecloth said:

Well if there's no answer it kinda proves the point that brexit is based on falsehoods and lies, and there's nothing you can do from today onwards that the EU stopped you doing.

I never said I wouldn't answer you, I just asked mine first, so it would the customer and the polite thing to answer mine and then follow up with your question.

I didn’t say, you said you wouldn’t answer you chose not too. Probably for the same reasons I chose not to answer yours.

I didn’t say, you said you wouldn’t answer you chose not too. Probably for the same reasons I chose not to answer yours.

I never said anything, I just said i asked first. That is literally what I replied, word for word. Not once did I say I wouldn't answer, I just expect if I ask something first, my question to be addressed before I'm asked on in response, its simple politeness. I will answers yours at one point, but you've not answered the one I asked.

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I never said anything, I just said i asked first. That is literally what I replied, word for word. Not once did I say I wouldn't answer, I just expect if I ask something first, my question to be addressed before I'm asked on in response, its simple politeness. I will answers yours at one point, but you've not answered the one I asked.

I know that, I’ve not said anything to the contrary. 
I said you chose not to answer, which you did. I also made the same choice, which you seem to take umbrage too. Very odd.

Just now, Strokes said:

I know that, I’ve not said anything to the contrary. 
I said you chose not to answer, which you did. I also made the same choice, which you seem to take umbrage too. Very odd.

I chose not to answer because you responded to my question with a question and in doing so chose not to answer. I didn't avoid yours, I just expect you to be polite and answer mine first. I chose based on your reaction, you chose because you can't answer mine, that's the difference.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I chose not to answer because you responded to my question with a question and in doing so chose not to answer. I didn't avoid yours, I just expect you to be polite and answer mine first. I chose based on your reaction, you chose because you can't answer mine, that's the difference.

Your question wasn’t directed at me personally, mine was to you. 
See I can do silly arguments too.

I'm fundamentally opposed to Brexit but now that it has happened and looking at it from a purely Scottish point of view, it's win/win. 

One of two thing will happen....

Either it's all sunshine and rainbows as promised and it improves the lives of everyone in Scotland as well as the UK.

OR....

It's a disaster making life worse for us all and nudges Scotlands bid for independence over the line with more people realising that the mess they are in was done so against their will. 

....Or ofcourse, our lives aren't affected in the slightest and you would have to wonder what all the fuss has been about. 

Your question wasn’t directed at me personally, mine was to you. 
See I can do silly arguments too.

You replied, so I expect you to answer or not bother. If you want to ask that question in general, fine, do so without doing it in response to my question if you're not going to answer mine aswell. It's really simple.

Didn't need one before did they. Finding answers problems that were never problems before. Like needlessly amputating your own leg then suggesting a prosthetic leg is the answer, when actually it would be don't amputate your leg in the first place.

I think an amputee might disagree with the similarities.

You replied, so I expect you to answer or not bother. If you want to ask that question in general, fine, do so without doing it in response to my question if you're not going to answer mine aswell. It's really simple.

What you expect is irrelevant, you don’t hold any authority.

I don’t care whether you answer or not.