Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

Getting brexit done!

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

What you expect is irrelevant, you don’t hold any authority.

I don’t care whether you answer or not.

I don't, but in a grown up conversation, with a supposedly adult man, I would expect some politeness, or if they can't manage that, to just not get involved. You obviously had no intention of answering my question, as you can't, so I'm at a loss why you bothered to get involved, especially as you don't care if I answer yours.

Boris Johnson predicted this to happen in 2013:

If we left the EU, we would end this sterile debate, and we would have to recognise that most of our problems are not caused by “Bwussels”, but by chronic British short-termism, inadequate management, sloth, low skills, a culture of easy gratification and underinvestment in both human and physical capital and infrastructure [...] Why are we still, person for person, so much less productive than the Germans? That is now a question more than a century old, and the answer is nothing to do with the EU.

Daily Telegraph, 12 May 2013

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's just a hypothetical. 

Brextieers struggle with analogies. You see rather than address the actual point made, hes zoned in on the amputee thing, like I'm offending amputees. People do this when they can't actually make a counter argument.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

It's just a hypothetical. 

No shit, it’s a bit crap though.

Finding a VPN for mild entertainment is barely an inconvenience. If they are smart they can use the sae method to find the same content for cheaper or even free.

A prosthetic limb is a massive inconvenience, especially if it is your wànking hand.

No shit, it’s a bit crap though.

Finding a VPN for mild entertainment is barely an inconvenience. If they are smart they can use the sae method to find the same content for cheaper or even free.

A prosthetic limb is a massive inconvenience, especially if it is your wànking hand.

They shouldn't have to find it, it was never an issue before all this! Whats so hard to grasp about that!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I don't, but in a grown up conversation, with a supposedly adult man, I would expect some politeness, or if they can't manage that, to just not get involved. You obviously had no intention of answering my question, as you can't, so I'm at a loss why you bothered to get involved, especially as you don't care if I answer yours.

As an adult, I would expect you not ask questions you already ‘know can’t be answered’. It’s impolite to set traps for people, shame on you.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

They shouldn't have to find it, it was never an issue before all this! Whats so hard to grasp about that!

Why shouldn’t they have to find it?

Expats not in the EU do.
It’s not really much of an issue now, what’s so hard to grasp about that?

Why shouldn’t they have to find it?

Expats not in the EU do.
It’s not really much of an issue now, what’s so hard to grasp about that?

It wasn't an issue, brexit made it one.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

As an adult, I would expect you not ask questions you already ‘know can’t be answered’. It’s impolite to set traps for people, shame on you.

Who said I knew it couldn't be answered? You're so convicted in your belief of brexit as are others, I assumed one of you might have a serious answer to it. Wasn't a trap, I was genuinely interested, but you've proven by admitting there is no answer what brexit actually is. 

Just now, Strokes said:

A minor inconvenience that is sorted in five minutes.

Barely worth mentioning.

Not that I’m surprised that it has.

And how many others will there be? Tip of the iceberg. That was point about finding solutions to problems that never existed, that all brexit became. Creating issues to resolves that were never issues before.

• Like 2

Just now, Facecloth said:

And how many others will there be? Tip of the iceberg. That was point about finding solutions to problems that never existed, that all brexit became. Creating issues to resolves that were never issues before.

I don’t know how many other minor inconveniences there will be for expats but I imagine my heart will bleed just as hard.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Who said I knew it couldn't be answered? You're so convicted in your belief of brexit as are others, I assumed one of you might have a serious answer to it. Wasn't a trap, I was genuinely interested, but you've proven by admitting there is no answer what brexit actually is. 

When did I ever say anything about brexit that led you to believe I thought I could do something different on day one that I couldn’t do before?

Just now, Strokes said:

When did I ever say anything about brexit that led you to believe I thought I could do something different on day one that I couldn’t do before?

Well that's why I asked the bloody question. I thought one of you staunch brexiteers could answer, or at least say, not today, but going forward we'll be able to do...........

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Well that's why I asked the bloody question. I thought one of you staunch brexiteers could answer, or at least say, not today, but going forward we'll be able to do...........

Going forwards?

Sign trade deals outside the custom union. I thought you knew that? Control workers from the EU with visas ensuring we get the immigration in the right areas. (Also known as control our borders blah blah).

Make our own laws contrary to EU acts if we deem fit.

These have all been done to death, I’ve even answered them within 10-15 pages. It was the today bit that made it difficult.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Going forwards?

Sign trade deals outside the custom union. I thought you knew that? Control workers from the EU with visas ensuring we get the immigration in the right areas. (Also known as control our borders blah blah).

Make our own laws contrary to EU acts if we deem fit.

These have all been done to death, I’ve even answered them within 10-15 pages. It was the today bit that made it difficult.

Oh no, I said you.

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t know how many other minor inconveniences there will be for expats but I imagine my heart will bleed just as hard.

Speaking purely *as* an expat, IMO travel does often broaden the mind and the less barriers and inconveniences - legislative or otherwise - there are to people being able to do it wholesale and get the idea that they actually have rather a lot in common with people in other places, the better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm fundamentally opposed to Brexit but now that it has happened and looking at it from a purely Scottish point of view, it's win/win. 

One of two thing will happen....

Either it's all sunshine and rainbows as promised and it improves the lives of everyone in Scotland as well as the UK.

OR....

It's a disaster making life worse for us all and nudges Scotlands bid for independence over the line with more people realising that the mess they are in was done so against their will. 

....Or ofcourse, our lives aren't affected in the slightest and you would have to wonder what all the fuss has been about. 

Here's where my logic can't cope with the Scottish Nationalist position.

1.  They think that the UK leaving the political union with its biggest export market is a bad thing.

2.  Their solution is for Scotland to leave the political union with its biggest export market.

I'm certainly not saying that you can't be pro-EU and pro-SNP; of course you can.  But I don't see how you can hold those views based on viability or otherwise of international trade.  

• Like 1