Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City Post Match Thread - first defeat in 12

13 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Did not say we were crap you tw*t. Said was Puel style which it was. 

Implying the performance was like Puel era means you were saying we were crap. We lost to a very good team why people can't just accept this instead of going into meltdown and extreme exaggeration. 

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I keep seeing this fuching argument and it never gets any less ludicrous. Do you seriously think Puel wouldn’t have started Tielemans every match if he’d had him? Or even started Silva if ownership had let him?

?????

What?

No, I simply said that away to Man City the likelihood is that he would have lined up with two DMs. 

Get a hold of yourself. 

• Sad 1

On 21/12/2019 at 21:19, Stuntman_Mike said:

You simply cannot be too over the top about losing to a team that:

Bought your best player to strengthen their squad, not as a starter. 

Have a squad assembled at the cost of a billion quid. 

Are playing away from home on the back of a 8 game winning run with one draw. 

You're still ahead of said team on points. 

You still have said team to play at home. 

Said team have accumulated nearly 200 points over the last 2 seasons. 

It wasn't our day. We should still be extremely excited for the future 

Its the manner in which we lost.

No pressing.

7-8 players were missing all of game.

Started playing in 85th min.

It is one thing losing, its another at least not making it hard for them.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2019 at 21:36, ealingfox said:

Bear in mind this is one of Big Brendan's weak areas, playing the same way regardless of opponents. You'd see his Celtic routinely lose 7 nil in the Champions League because they'd rock up at Barcelona or PSG away and try to play like they were playing Falkirk at home. I expect we'll be the same.

Liverpool fans said the same.

18 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Its the manner in which we lost.

No pressing.

7-8 players were missing all of game.

Started playing in 85th min.

It is one thing losing, its another at least not making it hard for them.

I understand that and I'm hoping this is almost a blessing in disguise should we meet them in the cup final having learnt a lesson.

It's more the reaction of a few being overly critical and trying to look at the bigger picture in there being no shame in losing to them.

• Like 1

Didn't watch the game as was busy but just watching the extended highlights. 

With the gift of hindsight my observations would be:

- Most teams would struggle to contain Man City in that form, especially De Bruyne

- I think we should have seen them starting Mahrez coming a mile off, we know exactly what he can do 1v1 with an offensively minded fullback. I saw a few people calling to have played Fuchs but I think the outcome would have been the same or worse. I think we probably needed to double up on him. Again with hindsight starting Albrighton probably would have been a good call but that of course would have afforded Man City space in other areas. 

- The other thing we might have considered is going 3 at the back and having Soyuncu and Chilwell out that way to try and contain Mahrez, with three in the middle to try and gain possession and the pace of Vardy and Iheanacho up top. 

- Despite being by far the inferior side on the day we made some good chances and with luck shifting towards us could have easily conceded fewer and scored more. 

Well beaten, good lessons for our young side to learn. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Our ‘penalty’ shout is never a pen. Barnes should score. He’s running at full speed, and Ederson is making himself big to save. Momentum is always gonna take Harvey into the keeper. If that was given against us we’d be fuming!

You make a fair point DerbyshireFox but it’s hard to accept that view when we keep seeing incidents in other games this weekend that were all given red cards for dangerous play.

(spurs keeper for example).

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

You make a fair point DerbyshireFox but it’s hard to accept that view when we keep seeing incidents in other games this weekend that were all given red cards for dangerous play.

(spurs keeper for example).

Difference with that one for me is Ederson has nowhere to go, whereas Gazzaniga doesn’t not need to come that far out with his leg higher than Alonso’s head. Alonso also doesn’t carry on his run, whereas Harvey is going at full pelt towards the goal. If he scores, the contact still happens, it’s unavoidable. I can see why it’s queried, but if that went against us we’d be saying Kasper couldn’t do anything about it

I hear ya. At this point it’s water under the bridge. Just glad Barnes isn’t out for the whole season. Foxes never quit and never complain we move on to the next game. Hope we give Liverpool a real battle on Boxing Day rather than congratulating them on practically wrapping up the title.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Implying the performance was like Puel era means you were saying we were crap. We lost to a very good team why people can't just accept this instead of going into meltdown and extreme exaggeration. 

We were crap. Allowed them way too much respect. We looked like deer in headlights. We were just reacting to their actions. Their so called crap defense were only ever tested once and that is when Vard's scored. Yes they are a good team but again like against Man Utd we did not show up. Similar performance to that against Norwich.