Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Daniele Rugani

On 08/01/2020 at 11:29, TJB-fox said:

If I see a well reasoned Juventus fan put together a proper argument on why he’s shit then I’d be more inclined to believe it but when the current evidence is a few posts on twitter and Facebook by accounts named ‘Bonnuci’sSon’ and ‘Ronaldo’sRightFoot’ I have very little interest. I’m not saying he’s any good or rubbish I just find it confusing that fans get so embroiled in pointless information before he’s even joined. Just gives people a negative outlook on the player before he’s even played. Little bit like ghezzal. He’s shit, but a majority of fans decided he was shit and almost hoped he was shot before he’d even played so it suited what they had read previously. But I guess that’s their prerogative. 

On the one hand you dismiss the opinions of fans that see players every week and then you make a case (Ghezzal) for why we should take heed of their opinions.  

No one wanted Ghezzal to be shit but you could see it coming a mile off.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, murphy said:

On the one hand you dismiss the opinions of fans that see players every week and then you make a case (Ghezzal) for why we should take heed of their opinions.  

No one wanted Ghezzal to be shit but you could see it coming a mile off.

Not at all, I simply stated that people expected Ghezzal to be shit before he joined. Coincidentally he was. Just because he was awful here doesn’t mean heeding the opinion of fans is a great idea.

Plenty of people were underwhelmed with Morgan/Albrighton/Simpson, they turned out to be great. 

22 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Not at all, I simply stated that people expected Ghezzal to be shit before he joined. Coincidentally he was. Just because he was awful here doesn’t mean heeding the opinion of fans is a great idea.

Plenty of people were underwhelmed with Morgan/Albrighton/Simpson, they turned out to be great. 

Maybe but we're talking about fans of the selling club here.  Were Forest or Villa fans keen to see the back of those two?  I don't know, but when fans of selling clubs are turning metaphoric cartwheels when their player leaves and in numbers rather than just the odd one, it has to set alarm bells ringing, at least in my head.  The two that stand out are Musa and Ghezzal and of course the fans that watched them week in week out were proven right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Maybe but we're talking about fans of the selling club here.  Were Forest or Villa fans keen to see the back of those two?  I don't know, but when fans of selling clubs are turning metaphoric cartwheels when their player leaves and in numbers rather than just the odd one, it has to set alarm bells ringing, at least in my head.  The two that stand out are Musa and Ghezzal and of course the fans that watched them week in week out were proven right.

I don’t really know what you want me to say. Well done that you predicted that some of our signings would be good and some would be bad? Maybe we should get you in as a scout you seem decent!

38 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously - half of FT are saying that when we aren’t selling him ! 

That's what I mean - "I'll drive him and won't even charge him the petrol!!" brigade are out. I don't think general fan opinion is a very good benchmark

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I don’t really know what you want me to say. Well done that you predicted that some of our signings would be good and some would be bad? Maybe we should get you in as a scout you seem decent!

No need for the attitude, we can have a discussion and different points of view without stooping to that can't we?

It's not about whether I can spot a good or bad player, I have been wrong plenty of times in the past, but we're not talking about me, we are talking about whether we take note of the fans of selling clubs if if there seems to be a consensus that they would like a player out.

Rugani is a case in point.  I don't know enough about him to have an opinion but the fact that Juve fans don't seem to rate him leaves me with a certain amount of trepidation.

Edited by murphy

44 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Not really, think most people are of the opinion he’s a good player who’s playing shit at the minute, not that he’s shit in general. 

Same situation as Tielemans, no one would say he’s shit if he left but he’s been dog recently 

Needed to edit this, as I think I quoted the wrong person, guess it’s more aimed and those pilling into Ben and Youri.

Totally get this, but it’s a bit of self gratification don’t you think?
Bitching and moaning about said player does not actually achieve a great deal apart from the person proclaiming it. 

Better to pass on an encouraging rhetoric in the hope it become established and manifests itself at game’s 

Edited by Dahnsouff

Get him for a cut price I say, only 25 and experienced. He isn’t having a great time at Juventus but has proven himself in the past to be very capable. Smalling wasn’t like at Man U, moved to Roma and is proving to be a solid defender 

Edited by foxes_rule1978