Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Daniele Rugani

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

Juve fans love Demiral, same cannot be said about Rugani... not for me

Another report says Demiral would set someone back €40m (£35m).

Add in the fact that Demiral is back in the first team picture there ahead of De Ligt, and I think Rugani is much more realistic.

I get the feeling the club liked what they did with Tielemans last year and the loan-to-buy in January idea is a useful one. If he's successful, then pay the £17m and you have your 3 top CBs plus hopefully Benkovic for next season. If not, you don't pay a penny and can go for someone else. Demiral would surely be a buy now deal.

Rugani is seen as the Mustafi of Serie A (shocking player at a big club). Genuinely do not want him here.

Playing alongside Chielini and Bonucci etc was his excuse when he was 21, he's 25 now and hasn't improved.

Edited by AKCJ

10 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Another report says Demiral would set someone back €40m (£35m).

Add in the fact that Demiral is back in the first team picture there ahead of De Ligt, and I think Rugani is much more realistic.

I get the feeling the club liked what they did with Tielemans last year and the loan-to-buy in January idea is a useful one. If he's successful, then pay the £17m and you have your 3 top CBs plus hopefully Benkovic for next season. If not, you don't pay a penny and can go for someone else. Demiral would surely be a buy now deal.

I do not doubt for a second we have no chance of getting Demiral, I just don’t think it would be wise to sign their 5th choice centre back because he’s cheap and from Juventus... would you take utd’s 5th choice centre back on the cheap? 

7 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

I do not doubt for a second we have no chance of getting Demiral, I just don’t think it would be wise to sign their 5th choice centre back because he’s cheap and from Juventus... would you take utd’s 5th choice centre back on the cheap? 

Would you have took Tielemans who was one of Ligue 1's biggest flops and frozen out by Leonardo Jardim?

I would have took Smalling in the summer who was arguably their 7th choice (Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Jones, Rojo, Bailly). He has looked quality in Serie A and even Gareth Southgate has gone to watch him for a chance of an England recall.

We aren't anywhere near Juventus' level, particularly at the back. Any player that's played in a top team 60-70 times must be decent on the ball, fairly solid defensively etc. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Can't find the original report but Sky Italia saying us and Arsenal lead Milan for him: https://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-italia.net%2F148191%2Fleicester-lead-rugani-chase#article/footballitalia-148191

Will cost €20-25m (roughly £17-21m) which is about what we paid for Praet. Seems that's the going rate these days for half decent cover and squad depth.

Juve fans aren't that keen on him but he's 25, Italy international, played in an outstanding defence, learned from Chiellini, Bonucci etc., 6 ft 3, never had an injury lay-off longer than 4 weeks.

Loan with option to buy for €20m would be very decent business IMO.

If the journo’s name was Roberto Dorsetti we can probably ignore it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Rugani is seen as the Mustafi of Serie A (shocking player at a big club). Genuinely do not want him here.

Playing alongside Chielini and Bonucci etc was his excuse when he was 21, he's 25 now and hasn't improved.

That actually sounds exactly like the textbook outline of a Congerton transfer before he came here. 

Jan Kirschoff to the letter (currently in the German third tier at 29, ****inghell lol) 

• Sad 2

Honestly if the scouting team think he is good enough then I trust them and if there is a loan to buy option as has been reported what is there too lose. At worst he comes here doesn’t play well we don’t play him again but If he turns out good then we have got a hood player relatively cheep

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That actually sounds exactly like the textbook outline of a Congerton transfer before he came here. 

Jan Kirschoff to the letter (currently in the German third tier at 29, ****inghell lol) 

The Congerton factor is my fear! 

Reading the reports I wouldn't be at all surprised if we really are interested in Demiral, but it seems much more likely Juve want rid of Rugani and are pushing that deal.

We should keep to our formula, tweaked because we've now moved up a  level.  But just because Juve are offering Rugani we should  not accept. Loan at worst, I guess, no commitment to purchase.

Edited by Plastik Man
I missed out Juve
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfcdotell said:

Maybe a loan till the end of the season wouldn’t be the worst idea? I know Juve fans want him gone but I wouldn’t be bothered if he came in 

He's not getting in ahead of Cags or Evans initially so what's the point of a loan? Lowers our risk but not sure we will see him play enough. Unless 3 at the back is here to stay....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He's not getting in ahead of Cags or Evans initially so what's the point of a loan? Lowers our risk but not sure we will see him play enough. Unless 3 at the back is here to stay....

I think the three at the back is what Rodgers has always wanted to do but he haven’t been sure he had the players for it as if I’m remembering correctly he played 3 at the back in one of his first games here I think it was the one against Watford that we lost? But I think the plan has always been to get a three at the back working

36 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Because at this time we need more (quality) depth at CB (and it seems Benkovic is judged not ready at present) but avoids an expensive mistake if, as suspected, he turns out to be shite! Far more choice in the summer window.

9 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think the three at the back is what Rodgers has always wanted to do but he haven’t been sure he had the players for it as if I’m remembering correctly he played 3 at the back in one of his first games here I think it was the one against Watford that we lost? But I think the plan has always been to get a three at the back working

Yes, first match, away at Watford. 

For me it makes some sense in that we solve the problem of our wide attackers not scoring enough, allowing us to play a second striker where we have more options - Perez, Iheanacho, Barnes, Maddison. Saves us buying an expensive elite wide man, we don't seem to have been linked with many recently.

Also it's ideal for our 2 full backs who are pacey and like to get forward. They can hold those wide positions.

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Not necessarily saying Rugani is the same but the locals weren't keen on Tielemans, Evans or Schmeichel, and arguably Huth, Fuchs and Albrighton...

That’s simply not true about any of them to be honest. With youri the fans were frustrated with him but knew he had the potential to be great. 

The last few times fans have been pretty much bang on when they’ve told us the issues with players. Musa being the best example I’ve ever seen. They all perfectly described him but we were fooled by the Barcelona game into thinking they must have been wrong. 

Ocassionally players are out of favour with certain managers but still end up good. But the fans are usually bang on the money and they only won’t be when the level of the club they are moving to is a huge drop. We are second in a stronger league, unfortunately if the juve fans are laughing at us this won’t end well at all. 

• Like 1

Serie A team of the year for 2014-15:

Position Player Club Appearance
GK Italy Gianluigi Buffon Juventus 3
DF Italy Matteo Darmian Torino 2
DF Italy Leonardo Bonucci Juventus 1
DF Italy Daniele Rugani Empoli 1
DF Italy Giorgio Chiellini Juventus 2
MF Belgium Radja Nainggolan Roma 1
MF Italy Andrea Pirlo Juventus 4
MF France Paul Pogba Juventus 2
FW Argentina Mauro Icardi Internazionale 1
FW Italy Luca Toni Hellas Verona 1
FW Argentina Carlos Tevez Juventus

He's in very good good company here, playing for a smallish team. Never seen him play, but for 20 m, seems a no-brainer for  a back up CB.

9 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Nonsense.

I read loads of the Monaco forums and they thought it was beyond hilarious we were prepared to pay £40m for Tielemans.

Read the replies to John ercy's tweet that said we had activated Evans' clause, WBA fans were slagging him off not just for the taxi incident.

And I heard many Leeds fans say Kasper was bang average and/or overrated.

Huth - injury prone, getting on a bit, big wages

Fuchs - past it, slow, would be a problem in the PL.

Albrighton - probably not good enough for Villa

You can't take a fans view on players, because it is how they fit into your plans and squad; we have proved that many times over. I trust our scouting network that has worked very well of late, more than some random guy on twitter.

20 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

You can't take a fans view on players, because it is how they fit into your plans and squad; we have proved that many times over. I trust our scouting network that has worked very well of late, more than some random guy on twitter.

it depends on how well you know the forum you’re reading .....it’s tough, especially in a foreign language !  Our scouting network has made quite a few errors in addition to the obvious successes ....I would prefer our targets to be linked to other big European clubs ......funnily enough, my kids are often a pretty good guide from their FIFA stats!   They say we should take him! 

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

If the journo’s name was Roberto Dorsetti we can probably ignore it. 

Yep- his sauces are usually a load of old bolognese.

Don't know if many people remember we were loosely linked with Dante a few years back from Bayern Munich. The majority of reactions back then were to get him in, class act etc etc etc Most overlooked the fact that he was shite purely because he was Brazilian and playing for Bayern Munich. 

I said at the time that he would be a disastrous signing if the rumours were at all true. Seemed daft that we were being linked with a Bayern Munich player and I didn't want him, but he truly wasn't, and still isn't up to the standard required 

This link kinda reminds me of that. Linked with a player from Juve, must be decent??? I just have this niggling feeling that he would be a very bad signing. Just because you play for Juve doesn't make you a good player.

I really hope we adopt a Nigel Pearson approach to signing players over the next couple of transfer windows, if they don't improve the 1st 11 then there's no point in chasing them. 

10 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Nonsense.

I read loads of the Monaco forums and they thought it was beyond hilarious we were prepared to pay £40m for Tielemans.

Read the replies to John ercy's tweet that said we had activated Evans' clause, WBA fans were slagging him off not just for the taxi incident.

And I heard many Leeds fans say Kasper was bang average and/or overrated.

Huth - injury prone, getting on a bit, big wages

Fuchs - past it, slow, would be a problem in the PL.

Albrighton - probably not good enough for Villa

I mean you can always find a few. But the general consensus ive seen hasn’t been like that. Every villa fan I knew was upset about MA not getting a proper chance there. Stoke fans had always thought huth was solid but just didn’t fit the new way they wanted to play. Kasper leaving pissed more Leeds fans off than were happy for him to leave. It’s classic Leeds to claim a players shit when they leave though.

Im not saying trust every random person tweeting. But when 90% of a fan base says it’s a bad move then it probably is. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2