Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Daniele Rugani

41 minutes ago, enmac said:

But Ghezzal wasn't in the team of the year for Ligue 1 was he.

Ghezzal had a real stand out season for Lyon and did nothing in his career after that. His career is basically living off that season he had in Lyon which is why he got his move to Monaco then Leicester and why Fiorentina took him on loan. 

Rugani is Juventus's Ghezzal according to their fans almost to a man. Hopefully if he comes here it's a loan to buy as they have four excellent CB's ahead of him and I just hope we aren't be taking for mugs here like Monaco took us for mugs with Ghezzal. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Ghezzal had a real stand out season for Lyon and did nothing in his career after that. His career is basically living off that season he had in Lyon which is why he got his move to Monaco then Leicester and why Fiorentina took him on loan. 

Rugani is Juventus's Ghezzal according to their fans almost to a man. Hopefully if he comes here it's a loan to buy as they have four excellent CB's ahead of him and I just hope we aren't be taking for mugs here like Monaco took us for mugs with Ghezzal. 

Have to agree with this. Seems he's living off one decent season so far in his career and hasn't moved on since. 

I can't say I'm particularly excited by this one

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Feels like the next Benalouane/Musa/Ghezzal with their clubs fans all for the transfer. Why do we do it?

Because there is always the chance of an outlier, isn't that right Youri...

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because there is always the chance of an outlier, isn't that right Youri...

Tielemans was 21 and had scored 5 goals in half a season for Monaco and had outstanding pedigree before that.

Benalouane, Musa and Ghezzal were all mid 20's with very questionable recent histories and in all cases the fans of those clubs were happy to see him go.

Rugani did get a move to Juventus and has 7 caps for Italy so maybe he can be considered a different animal but he's still considered crap by Juventus fans and is 25yo. I would guess he will be capable but destined to be a squad player here. 

I would suggest as a CB someone like this who Juventus are interested in. They already have four top class CB's (and Rugani) and two of those CB's are 21 or younger but they're still interested in this lad for Hellas Verona.

He's at a club which would be gettable for us. If we get Rugani get him on a loan to buy and don't potentially waste good money on a player who was highly rated a few years a go and has failed to deliver for years. 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/juventus-monitoring-veronas-kumbulla/1qxq64qxdsluu14m6qsbhvf663

On 06/01/2020 at 11:55, Dahnsouff said:

Loan Rugani from Juve

Buy this guy https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marash-kumbulla/profil/spieler/371371

(This is the guy Juve would buy, but De Ligt and Demiral would block his pathway)

37 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I would suggest as a CB someone like this who Juventus are interested in. They already have four top class CB's (and Rugani) and two of those CB's are 21 or younger but they're still interested in this lad for Hellas Verona.

He's at a club which would be gettable for us. If we get Rugani get him on a loan to buy and don't potentially waste good money on a player who was highly rated a few years a go and has failed to deliver for years. 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/juventus-monitoring-veronas-kumbulla/1qxq64qxdsluu14m6qsbhvf663

Copy cat :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I knew I'd read it somewhere. :blush:

Seriously though, surely it has be worth considering such potential signings. If its true that a club like Juve think he has potential, why not look?

Who knows, maybe we have :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Seriously though, surely it has be worth considering such potential signings. If its true that a club like Juve think he has potential, why not look?

Who knows, maybe we have :dunno:

I'd much rather do that than hand over good money to Juventus for Rugani. It almost feels like when that Saudi side gave us our money back on Musa or when we handed over £12.6m to Monaco for Ghezzal. 

Like the Benalouane signing as well if you make an error signing these players you're pretty much stuck with them until they're 30 and can leave on a free as no one wants them. 

I'd be happy enough to take Rugani on loan with an option to buy but don't want us to commit to a player who is considered junk by the fans of his club and hasn't lived up to expectation for years. We've had our fingers burnt too many times on players of this profile.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'd much rather do that than hand over good money to Juventus for Rugani. It almost feels like when that Saudi side gave us our money back on Musa or when we handed over £12.6m to Monaco for Ghezzal. 

Like the Benalouane signing as well if you make an error signing these players you're pretty much stuck with them until they're 30 and can leave on a free as no one wants them. 

I'd be happy enough to take Rugani on loan with an option to buy but don't want us to commit to a player who is considered junk by the fans of his club and hasn't lived up to expectation for years. We've had our fingers burnt too many times on players of this profile.

This. 

I keep reading posts saying trust our scouting network. Am I seriously the only person nervous that Lee Congerton is going to be at the wheel starting with this window? Surely he has to prove himself to us first, rather than getting blind faith because of the solid work by his predecessors  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

This. 

I keep reading posts saying trust our scouting network. Am I seriously the only person nervous that Lee Congerton is going to be at the wheel starting with this window? Surely he has to prove himself to us first, rather than getting blind faith because of the solid work by his predecessors  

You're not alone Congertons past record isn't great

So the assumption here seems to be that be, that despite the recent successes in the transfer market, we will now scrap all that in favour of the recently arrived Lee Congerton, despite most staff involved in the recent successes still being here....

:plancque:

OK

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Justin seems like a horrible prospect:plancque:Congerton  what a moron. This place :frusty:

Calm down lad!

Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy scepticism until proven and let’s be honest Justin is a brilliant prospect. But he’s a prospect and right now we are looking for a couple of class players to improve the squad almost immediately. We haven’t really been in a position like this before so the whole LCFC player purchasing team are fairly unproven at this level!

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

25 year old CB’s rarely improve dramatically 

younger ones can easily do so

Well worth paying an inflated loan fee to look at him for three half months and make a proper judgment .... 

I always thought CB’s come into there own when they’re around 30

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Calm down lad!

Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy scepticism until proven and let’s be honest Justin is a brilliant prospect. But he’s a prospect and right now we are looking for a couple of class players to improve the squad almost immediately. We haven’t really been in a position like this before so the whole LCFC player purchasing team are fairly unproven at this level!

I know things are a bit boring on the transfer front right now. But you'd think we could cut Congerton and the club just a little bit of slack.

We all could use some more drama as there's not enough in the world already.  OOps I forgot this is a football chat box. Play On. :vardy:

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

So the assumption here seems to be that be, that despite the recent successes in the transfer market, we will now scrap all that in favour of the recently arrived Lee Congerton, despite most staff involved in the recent successes still being here....

:plancque:

OK

Its not that. But it is the head scouts job to set the criteria and make the big decisions. Its just frustrating that any skeptical comment in the transfer section is met with a wave of responses saying 'trust the scouting network'. Obviously we all hope to be proved wrong but im not going to pretend im not worried about Congerton.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Its not that. But it is the head scouts job to set the criteria and make the big decisions. Its just frustrating that any skeptical comment in the transfer section is met with a wave of responses saying 'trust the scouting network'. Obviously we all hope to be proved wrong but im not going to pretend im not worried about Congerton.  

Think we will be fine personally, you could be right, but I would hope we have recognised what has worked and don’t destroy it.

1 hour ago, dayday said:

I agree. Similar to keepers, I think centre-half is a position that's not quite so reliant on physical ability, but more on mental attributes/experience than others. It seems like CBs who retire in their mid/late 30s are more common than other outfield positions. I think CBs tend to peak relatively late.

1 hour ago, dayday said:

11 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree. Similar to keepers, I think centre-half is a position that's not quite so reliant on physical ability, but more on mental attributes/experience than others. It seems like CBs who retire in their mid/late 30s are more common than other outfield positions. I think CBs tend to peak relatively late.top class CB at the age of 30 who wasn’t a v good CB at 25 /26 ? 

1 hour ago, dayday said:

14 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree. Similar to keepers, I think centre-half is a position that's not quite so reliant on physical ability, but more on mental attributes/experience than others. It seems like CBs who retire in their mid/late 30s are more common than other outfield positions. I think CBs tend to peak relatively late.

Think of any top class CB’s around 30 who weren’t top class CB’s at 25/26 ?