Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Daniele Rugani

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

it depends on how well you know the forum you’re reading .....it’s tough, especially in a foreign language !  Our scouting network has made quite a few errors in addition to the obvious successes ....I would prefer our targets to be linked to other big European clubs ......funnily enough, my kids are often a pretty good guide from their FIFA stats!   They say we should take him! 

I don't know why clubs bother with investing in scouting networks when they can just buy a copy of fifa and check the stats on there!! 

• Haha 2

Guest Cujek

the more i think about this the more excited i get, i know he is way down the pecking order at Juve, but this is exactly the sort of player that does well here.

Guest Cujek
1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

I don't know why clubs bother with investing in scouting networks when they can just buy a copy of fifa and check the stats on there!! 

im pretty sure they do.

also im sure they check out FM

1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

I don't know why LCFC bother with investing in scouting networks when they can read FT and waste UKP50M+ on Dunk or Tarkowski and bin-off Caglar!!

Trust the Club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In fairness, Juventus are rich in world class centre backs... this guy not being to their standards just means he's not as good as who is starting for them. Only thoughts are that it's a lot of money to spend when we shouldn't be looking to drop Soyuncu or Evans, so is he going to come here to warm a bench?

Guest Cujek
14 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

In fairness, Juventus are rich in world class centre backs... this guy not being to their standards just means he's not as good as who is starting for them. Only thoughts are that it's a lot of money to spend when we shouldn't be looking to drop Soyuncu or Evans, so is he going to come here to warm a bench?

there are games where we will play 3 at the back.

but any player coming in has to impress in training to get a game in a back 4, real competition for places is very important, can you imagine 3 world class centre backs pushing each other for 2 spots? 

would be amazing.

If he dont fancy his chances of getting a starting place, we possibly shouldnt be looking at him anyway.

i really feel this would be a positive signing and show some real intent on our part.

Would welcome him on a loan, and in turn loan out Benkovic, especially as the fee and wages will be huge. 

If Rugani impressed and was playing regularly then buy him. Can’t imagine he’d be happy to sit on our bench though if he’s not happy to do that at Juve

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Don't know if many people remember we were loosely linked with Dante a few years back from Bayern Munich. The majority of reactions back then were to get him in, class act etc etc etc Most overlooked the fact that he was shite purely because he was Brazilian and playing for Bayern Munich. 

I said at the time that he would be a disastrous signing if the rumours were at all true. Seemed daft that we were being linked with a Bayern Munich player and I didn't want him, but he truly wasn't, and still isn't up to the standard required 

This link kinda reminds me of that. Linked with a player from Juve, must be decent??? I just have this niggling feeling that he would be a very bad signing. Just because you play for Juve doesn't make you a good player.

I really hope we adopt a Nigel Pearson approach to signing players over the next couple of transfer windows, if they don't improve the 1st 11 then there's no point in chasing them. 

The trouble with that is too improve most parts of our first 11 you are going to have to spend big 30-40 million plus especially in January when prices are inflated.

bringing in players who might not necessarily improve our first 11 or play week in week out but will provide decent cover when someone is tired or injured or we need a tactical change in a certain game is exactly what we should be doing.

Weather this guy is the right fit I don’t know haven’t seen much of him but if our scouting team and Rodgers think he is the right fit I trust them.

26 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

This makes enormous sense. Juve fans can rag on him all they want, but he’s a full Italian international with CL experience. He should be a steady backup option for us to make sure we get into the CL next season. Then we’ll see.

I'd not be against it because he'd be coming in as 3rd choice at best and if he doesn't make an impact then at least we know it's perhaps not wise to sign him permanently. I'd love Demiral as I think long term he would be another superstar with Soyuncu and the masterful Evans but if we can't get him then we go back to the drawing board in the summer if Rugani turns out to be unsuited to English football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

He is actually very highly rated by the Italian media.... under Brendans guide any player with ability and the right attitude will prosper.

Good to hear this. I think he looks like a typical Leicester planning for the future signing. I'm only going off highlight footage, but the way he plays reminds me of Evans. Defends using clever positioning rather than outright aggression, comfortable on the ball, tall enough to win it in the air. 

We've seen Cags and Evans dovetail really well together. Makes sense to bring in another player in the Evans mould for succession planning. Like you say, we just need to be sure he's got the right attitude to be willing to wait for his opportunity (in the same way cags had to). 

Apparently great at marking and positional awareness but not blessed with real pace. Sounds like he needs a fresh start somewhere. I’ll wait to see hi. Play and what BR can do to develop him before judging. Most players need confidence, support and regularity, maybe that’s what this lad needs to move forward. Look at Smalling.

48 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

This lad was named in the 2015 Serie A Team of the Year, he can't be that bad.

My football friend who supports Empoli says he was class from them.

BR will get the best out of him.

Rachid Ghezzal was in Ligue 1 in 2015/16 as well I think, so it's not always an exact science!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1