Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Aston Villa v Leicester City Carabo Cup 28.01.20

22 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

Oh superb - thanks both.

Wasn’t sure of it was a case of x amount of tickets for members in the ballot which we’d be scrapping over or bundled in with STH 360+ and should be a relatively stress free experience.

Nah you are guaranteed a ticket. My neighbour has been successful as well. He thought he had to buy on monday. He didn't realise he had a few days grace.

For your future ref the way the ballot works is as a normal ballot, 100s or 1000s may enter but theres only about 50 or 60 actually successful all those drawn get a ticket. End of.

15 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Nah you are guaranteed a ticket. My neighbour has been successful as well. He thought he had to buy on monday. He didn't realise he had a few days grace.

For your future ref the way the ballot works is as a normal ballot, 100s or 1000s may enter but theres only about 50 or 60 actually successful all those drawn get a ticket. End of.

And if memory serves I think you have to buy within the stated window or you lose the right - and have to wait until they go on sale to members. They do give you two or three days though. 

• Like 1

We've officially been allocated 4226 tickets, but there's a good chance we'll actually get more.

We have initially been allocated the whole North stand behind the goal.  

On the AVFC site, they are only advertising their fans to have access to the Holte End, Trinity Road and Doug Ellis stands.

Unless they sell out all their home tickets really quickly, and want to "claim back" the North Stand lower tier ... I think we'll probably end up getting that too.

Also, our web site notes the selling order as the middle Upper blocks (T2,T3,T4), then outer upper blocks (T1,T5), then lower blocks (R2,R3,R4), then lower blocks (R5,R6).   Lower blocks R1 and R7 are in the corner, and would be left empty.

There are 4000 seats in the upper tier and 2900 in the lower tier.  The corner blocks R1 and R7 probably use up 900 or so.

So I think there's a good chance we'll get about 6000 for this in total.

8 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

We've officially been allocated 4226 tickets, but there's a good chance we'll actually get more.

We have initially been allocated the whole North stand behind the goal.  

On the AVFC site, they are only advertising their fans to have access to the Holte End, Trinity Road and Doug Ellis stands.

Unless they sell out all their home tickets really quickly, and want to "claim back" the North Stand lower tier ... I think we'll probably end up getting that too.

Also, our web site notes the selling order as the middle Upper blocks (T2,T3,T4), then outer upper blocks (T1,T5), then lower blocks (R2,R3,R4), then lower blocks (R5,R6).   Lower blocks R1 and R7 are in the corner, and would be left empty.

There are 4000 seats in the upper tier and 2900 in the lower tier.  The corner blocks R1 and R7 probably use up 900 or so.

So I think there's a good chance we'll get about 6000 for this in total.

Where on the website does it say in which order the blocks will be released to away fans? I couldn’t find this information on the ticket site.

10 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

99%. Was easy enough for the league game plus we have an extra 1000 tickets. Trains back to Leicester are a no go, you’ll be fine. 

22:22 is the last train to Leicester from New Street, miss that and it's an expensive trip home. Any extra time and penalties would cause a lotta issues 

Looks like we have the whole of the North Stand however the first few rows of the lower tier and the block closest to the normal away section will probably be covered in netting. 

6532173791_f17657da4e_b.jpg

Edited by Ashley

11 hours ago, Isaac Rahman said:

Where on the website does it say in which order the blocks will be released to away fans? I couldn’t find this information on the ticket site.

It's not yet "officially" on the LCFC web site, but the relevant information is as attached.   And this tallies with the information on the Villa web site.

villa_away_league_cup2.docx

Edited by worth_the_wait

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

22:22 is the last train to Leicester from New Street, miss that and it's an expensive trip home. Any extra time and penalties would cause a lotta issues 

If we all ask EMR to put on a football special, as they did for Derby a few years ago, they might run one.   The more people get in touch, the more chance it could happen.

https://www.eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/help-manage/manage/contact-us

I'll drop them an Email this weekend.   

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

If we all ask EMR to put on a football special, as they did for Derby a few years ago, they might run one.   The more people get in touch, the more chance it could happen.

https://www.eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/help-manage/manage/contact-us

I'll drop them an Email this weekend.   

I think Cross Country do the trains from Birmingham to Leicester. Not sure if they’re owned by EMR. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

We've had quotes for taxis. 45 quid for car. 70 for 8 seater. So less than a tenner. 

If you bite the bullet and only buy a single there on the train you save 6 quid so theres half the taxi fare saved if you can fill a car or 8 seater.

• Like 2