Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardy Party

Where do we strengthen this month?

For me we need a winger. Maybe even 2 wingers. Barnes hasn’t flourished as much as I expected him too this season, Gray has done well but as an impact sub, Perez is underrated for me but looks better centrally & Albrighton seems to be a squad player. I honestly feel Rodgers wanted Demiral so we could play a 5-1-2-2 but now that he’s injured until end of season he won’t be signing. I still think the club could make a move for Bowen but maybe not January. 

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

The pies are not what they were , noticed a few soggy bottoms  !

the Singha beer is watery 

and 

I want KING size mars and snickers back in the tuck shop 

Sausage rolls are immense though 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Get a centreback on a six month loan like how Milan got Kjaer on loan.

Save the rest for the summer, unless there's a really good deal that we can get. We have an 11 point buffer, and none of the chasing teams below 4th look like they'd have any chance of getting any sort of consistent run of results. 

Relying on the other teams being crap is a very dangerous game to play, especially with the dip in form currently being experienced and in a league that's so competitive where pretty much any team can beat the other (Liverpool aside of course!).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Relying on the other teams being crap is a very dangerous game to play, especially with the dip in form currently being experienced and in a league that's so competitive where pretty much any team can beat the other (Liverpool aside of course!).

That is fair, but in all likelihood, this blip in form is just that, a blip. No point making a panic signing that blocks us from our actual targets in the summer when we would be on 70 points with 7 wins and 5 draws from our remaining 16 games (or 8 wins and 2 draws, or 9 wins and 71 points, however you like it), which is very doable particularly looking at our fixture list. That would see Man Utd (the closest to taking us from CL football) needing 12 wins from their remaining 16 games just to draw level with us (our GD would probably still be better than theirs in that scenario as well). This is Man Utd's best form all season and they've still lost to Arsenal and Watford in their last 5 games. I can't see them pulling that off. 

The club will look at numbers like that, and place some faith in Rodgers, imo, unless they can secure one of their top targets in this winter.