Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MarriedaLeicesterGirl

Official - Admiral Muskwe loan to Swindon Town

Hi. Swindon fan here.

I was wondering if some of you would be kind enough to tell me your opinions on Muskwe's strengths and weaknesses and what he could offer to us?

We are mainly a footballing side who try to keep the ball on the floor and provide plenty of service for our strikers. These are usually cutbacks or low crosses. Such service got Eoin Doyle 23 goals in 23 starts.

Thanks!

Interesting. Swindon Town's (and the EFL's) top goal scorer was recalled from his loan by Bradford City. Swindon Town is looking to make a permanent deal for the guy, Eoin Doyle, and perhaps the recall was a negotiating tactic. But if they don't get him back, it would certainly clear a path for the Admiral.

9 minutes ago, Swindon_1969 said:

Hi. Swindon fan here.

I was wondering if some of you would be kind enough to tell me your opinions on Muskwe's strengths and weaknesses and what he could offer to us?

We are mainly a footballing side who try to keep the ball on the floor and provide plenty of service for our strikers. These are usually cutbacks or low crosses. Such service got Eoin Doyle 23 goals in 23 starts.

Thanks!

He's powerful and has an eye for goal. His career stalled after a year-long injury recovery. He trains with the first team a lot, but hasn't broken through. This year, he's been on fire for the U23's.

4 hours ago, Swindon_1969 said:

Hi. Swindon fan here.

Thanks!

Just seen you’ve signed Hallam Hope as well, maybe as your main replacement for Doyle? I’d give it about 3-4 games more before Muskwe is your first choice centre forward. Really good signing at that level imo. Think he’ll score 10-15 goals from now til the end of the season if he fits in well.

23 hours ago, Katy said:

Prepping him for the first team I hope. Good luck fella, big fan! 

By sending him on loan to division 2?

Next season id imagine he’d need to be tested at a higher lvl( champ or division 1), if his loan to Swindon is successful.

Edited by MPH

Good group of young players on loan now. Very pleased. Don't think it matters too much if it's lower league as some of these players have never played competitive football anyway so it's as much about gaining that experience as anything.

Looking forward to them pushing for 1st team spots in the near future. We have a great academy. 

3 hours ago, MPH said:

By sending him on loan to division 2?

Next season id imagine he’d need to be tested at a higher lvl( champ or division 1), if his loan to Swindon is successful.

It’s a start, he could possibly learn more there than in the development squad. He’s young and learning, I’d rather he built his way up than being thrown in the deep end.