Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Remain positive.

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Posts like this...help my campaign of Keeping this forum and attitude chilled. Even under Puel we had Good seasons but frustrating performances & results.

It then started to get OTT toxic....Quite rightly,the owners Upped the Anti,by bringing in Brendan Rodgers....We have seen big strides under his tenure ,But we forget this is still a New muster,and a youngish team,still building an Identity und character...So far B.Rodgers has produced a Team and perfomances beyond

Ambitions  even expectations....

Last Night I still Don t understand how we lost over 2 legs,or just the game last night. Possesion means nothing,we are Leicester,we understand those  stats are no measure,But it was the period of control,the chances and saves,The fact that Villa had 3-4 chances,and scored 2,where our GK & defence should of done better...But there is no Blame campaign position to be had..!!!

Villa did an old Leicester on us.....L'pool fans from times gone by will Now have a wry smile....!!

:appl:

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Great post. This is actually the best Leicester team I have seen in my lifetime, even better than the 15/16 title winners. Last night we played some sensational stuff at times and were desperately unlucky. I don't even feel as down as I did when Troy Deeney scored after Knocky missed his penalty in the play-off semi-finals... that felt like we might never get back to the Premier League whereas today I feel like better times are just around the corner. 

This is a learning process for the team and fans. We are all gutted not to make the final because it was a golden opportunity but it's motivation to put it right next time round!

Up the Foxes! :scarf:

I’m not how you could consider this team a better team than the team that won the league with 3 defeats in 38

Having lost 6 games in 24, going by the same ratio for the remainder we are on course for 9 or 10 defeats for the season.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

It still hurts after last night but it isnt all doom and gloom. 

We have a young squad. A very young squad infact. IF and it's a big IF we can keep this Squad together and improve it too we will do great things.

Things like last night happen for a reason, we absolutely battered them over two legs but the 3 shots they actually had on target won them the semi-final. On any other given day we would have won that on aggregate by 3, 4 or even 5 goals. Let Villa have their moment. 

We are third in the League and one game away from a FA Cup Quarter Final. 

Let's back the lads for the rest of the Season. Onwards and upwards. 

One Love 🦊

I need something explaining to me please.

The fact the squad is young, how does that decide we will achieve great things?

I thought it was the quality of players, manager, morale, tactics that decide results, not age of players, have I missed something?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I thought it was the quality of players, manager, morale, tactics that decide results, not age of players, have I missed something?

We are third now, just played in two semi final games and a game off a FA Cup quarters. 

Our players will improve and they will get better. Game management will be better, something so far weve not been great at. 

However it is a big IF... of keeping that XI/Squad together. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Because your performance improves with age. Ask my Mrs :claudio:

• Haha 2

I think now and again all fans can let emotions get the better of them and sometimes this results in ott remarks and actions, especially on here.

I try and avoid the threads etc but even this morning, yesterday's result was a tough pill to swallow.

Over it now and off we go again in the lcfc rollercoaster!!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Because if they're this good now (3rd in the league, semi-finals and very close to an EFL Cup final), could go far in FA Cup, imagine how good they could become when they become more experienced.

it's all the things you mention but it's quite obvious there's a lot of potential amongst individuals as well as collectively amongst the team. Given our win ratio/points per game so far, Rodgers is one of the best managers to continue getting the best out of them. 

• Like 2

Our team is brilliant and they have so much room for improvement. Losing players seems to me to be the only thing that will stop us being top 6 on a regular basis. Once the training facilities and the stadium expansion have taken place we will be a fantastic proposition for higher level players. Would love to see our current crop remain with us and further quality added to it.  

Up the foxes.

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Because if they're this good now (3rd in the league, semi-finals and very close to an EFL Cup final), could go far in FA Cup, imagine how good they could become when they become more experienced.

it's all the things you mention but it's quite obvious there's a lot of potential amongst individuals as well as collectively amongst the team. Given our win ratio/points per game so far, Rodgers is one of the best managers to continue getting the best out of them. 

Players can get better with experience, but there is a big assumption made that these ambitious players will be playing with us by the time they reach that point.

23 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

I will be more upset about losing our quality young players in the summer than i am about missing out on the league cup final

If we’re not in champions league next season, the teams above us seem untouchable, and the fans don’t act like they’re behind the club, why would they stay? We can only control one of those things!

It's only the Carabao Cup.  We're probably going to the CL and that's way more of an accomplishment, both in terms of importance and merit.

Besides - it's not like we're out of the FA Cup.  No way we should lose in the 5th so basically we're in the quarters, and there really shouldn't be anyone in the pool we fear except Man City.  You know Klopp will field a scrub team and we're at least as good as anyone else.  Just need a little luck (which we certainly didn't have vs. Villa) and to avoid Pep until the final.