Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Remain positive.

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

People need to calm down. Yes, we weren’t amazing last night, but if luck wasn’t on Villa’s side, we would have been 3-0 up after 20 minutes. 

Agree but it wasn’t luck, it’s a skill issue. Their goalkeeper made three saves in the first half that he had no business making and our keeper let one in that had no business going through him.

Goalkeepers are an important part of the team, ours put in a 4/10 performance and theirs put in a 10/10 performance. Swap them round and we’d have won at a canter.

Schmeichel has been immense for us in big games in the past but he picked a bad night to have a poor game yesterday.

Villas performance over two legs reminded me of our away game at Sevilla. Saved a penalty, conceded chance after chance after chance but stayed in the game and ultimately over two legs we snuck over the line on aggregate (also ironically 3-2). We didn't have a god given right to have been in the final and ultimately despite our chances over two legs we just were not clinical enough.

We have a massive game Saturday to get behind the lads. I would hope the senior figures in the dressing room have had their say and told the players to clear their minds. I feel if we win this game we can really kick on with the season. Lose it again, and that Wolves away game gets a lot tougher, and we could be at risk of de-railing.

Let's get behind this team.

• Like 1

Use it as a lesson. Take the FA cup seriously and let's get to another semi final 

I'm well against semi finals at Wembley but I'm desperate to see us at the new Wembley in a competitive game. 

Probably that's why I was so disappointed in last night... just want that Wembley trip

• Like 1

Great post. This is actually the best Leicester team I have seen in my lifetime, even better than the 15/16 title winners. Last night we played some sensational stuff at times and were desperately unlucky. I don't even feel as down as I did when Troy Deeney scored after Knocky missed his penalty in the play-off semi-finals... that felt like we might never get back to the Premier League whereas today I feel like better times are just around the corner. 

This is a learning process for the team and fans. We are all gutted not to make the final because it was a golden opportunity but it's motivation to put it right next time round!

Up the Foxes! :scarf:

• Like 1

The only way you get experience to grow is in defeat. Failures are merely character building opportunities, and present further opportunities to progress in the future. We’ve got a philosophical coach who cares about his players, the club and his style. We’re in good hands, last night hurt, but we as fans need to accept events like this, as tough as they are and get behind the lads.

Villa thought they turned their place into a fortress, well let’s do the same V Chelsea, they’re coming to our place, and we’re taking three points of them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1