Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Remain positive.

I think losing could actually be good for us as a team. We've got quite a few players now who haven't experienced a humbling. Hopefully it gives the kids a kick up the arse and shows them that past performances won't be enough going forward and they'll still have to give 100% to keep improving. 

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

a sad indictment on this forum that this thread is required.  unless there are far more under sixteens on here than i imagined, the amount of drivel posted over the past eighteen hours is pathetic.  i get that you are pissed off, angry, devastated …..  there is simply no need to come on here and shout about it - it does nothing for the future of the club, forum or fans. criticise if you must but please be constructive.

if i was one of our players reading what some of the fans think of me and the team, i wouldn't be hanging around to earn less than i could elsewhere ……. 15/16 showed us what can be achieved if we all pull together in the same direction. khun vichai would be sad to see how entitled some of us have become ….. humility and perspective in short supply !!!!!!!!!!

Correct sir.

Even Facebook and Twitter was unbearable last night. For once I actually didnt bite and I can see the bigger picture. 

Some of the stuff I've read actually shocks me. As for the caller on talksport asking for Rodgers to be sacked have a word with yourself. 

The future is bright.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

a sad indictment on this forum that this thread is required.  unless there are far more under sixteens on here than i imagined, the amount of drivel posted over the past eighteen hours is pathetic.  i get that you are pissed off, angry, devastated …..  there is simply no need to come on here and shout about it - it does nothing for the future of the club, forum or fans. criticise if you must but please be constructive.

if i was one of our players reading what some of the fans think of me and the team, i wouldn't be hanging around to earn less than i could elsewhere ……. 15/16 showed us what can be achieved if we all pull together in the same direction. khun vichai would be sad to see how entitled some of us have become ….. humility and perspective in short supply !!!!!!!!!!

you look at it another way, people were bother last night,to come on the forum,  who wasn't angry or pissed off last night its human reactions, it was a semi final we lost last night,  when we got over we go again Saturday

• Like 1

The performance last night was good enough that we at least deserved to goto pens, if not win the game outright. It took a massive performance from their keeper, and a bit of luck that they did not go 1 or 2-nil down in the first 10 minutes. 

We can't become an entitled fan base that only judges players and managers based on results. We are not a Real Madrid, or a Manchester City. We have a young team on the rise, and it is moments like last night's loss which will help them grow and get better. 

It's a bitter pill for us to swallow, but heartbreak is nothing new for Leicester fans, and it will just make it that much sweeter when we win something... and at this rate under Brendan, we will win something.

• Like 2

Was frustrated last night, but not at the players. Some didn't turn up, but I'll afford them that after the season we've had so far. 

Today, I'm not overly fussed. Man City have more than 1 hand on this cup anyway. Looking forward to a massive game at the weekend. Win that, and I'm sure everybody will be fine. 

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

It still hurts after last night but it isnt all doom and gloom. 

We have a young squad. A very young squad infact. IF and it's a big IF we can keep this Squad together and improve it too we will do great things.

Things like last night happen for a reason, we absolutely battered them over two legs but the 3 shots they actually had on target won them the semi-final. On any other given day we would have won that on aggregate by 3, 4 or even 5 goals. Let Villa have their moment. 

We are third in the League and one game away from a FA Cup Quarter Final. 

Let's back the lads for the rest of the Season. Onwards and upwards. 

One Love 🦊

Posts like this...help my campaign of Keeping this forum and attitude chilled. Even under Puel we had Good seasons but frustrating performances & results.

It then started to get OTT toxic....Quite rightly,the owners Upped the Anti,by bringing in Brendan Rodgers....We have seen big strides under his tenure ,But we forget this is still a New muster,and a youngish team,still building an Identity und character...So far B.Rodgers has produced a Team and perfomances beyond

Ambitions  even expectations....

Last Night I still Don t understand how we lost over 2 legs,or just the game last night. Possesion means nothing,we are Leicester,we understand those  stats are no measure,But it was the period of control,the chances and saves,The fact that Villa had 3-4 chances,and scored 2,where our GK & defence should of done better...But there is no Blame campaign position to be had..!!!

Villa did an old Leicester on us.....L'pool fans from times gone by will Now have a wry smile....!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm positive in the bigger picture, we have made great strides this season, but get last night out of our system naturally over time - that one stings and it's going to a little while. I'm not going to pretend I'm happy right this second.

I'm in that place too.

I focus on the bigger picture to get over the disappointments. I don't class disappointed as feeling entitled. I don't expect to win everything, I just want to and I'm pissed off when we don't. Where we are now, considering our up and down history, is simply amazing. I never thought I'd see it, never even thought about seeing it. I read that Top first saw Leicester at the 1997 League Cup final. I was there too that day, so I can, in a sense, share the timeline from then until now. I think it's incredible what has been achieved. Utterly incredible. For those supporters than go back well before then (and my love affair probably only started in 1975ish), it must be surreal.

I do want to continue the momentum. What concerns me about such things as not getting to Wembley is the effect it has on (some) players. If we go off the boil (for whatever reason), if results do start slipping, then I see us in (increased) danger of losing players in the summer. Players understandably want success too and if they see brighter lights elsewhere then their heads may well be turned. It is something we, as a club, will continue to fight. It's why we lose players like Kante and Mahrez, without any disrespect to us as a club they simply see success more easily obtained elsewhere. And I can understand that.

So whilst I feel positive, I realise that is dependant on us keeping players and continuing the momentum - but I realise that's not a given, I'm just hopeful. We might have to take a step back before we take a step forward again - but that's ok, I've been there too.   

Guest Markyblue

Top 4 would be the second best season in our history,  throw in the fa cup and it would almost feel like 2016, the future is bright. 

59 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm positive in the bigger picture, we have made great strides this season, but get last night out of our system naturally over time - that one stings and it's going to a little while. I'm not going to pretend I'm happy right this second.

Agreed. I have had plenty say to me 'well you having a good season'. That it. We are Leicester City, we are having a good season and to play at Wembley doesn't happen regularly. It could easily unravel as it could progress

Guest Markyblue
39 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Almost. We were runners up in 1928-29 and came fourth in 62-63 (where we also lost the FA Cup final)

Quite true but football didn't exist before the premier league. 🤔

I'm not even that bothered about last night now. Was pissed off last night but got over it quite quickly. It would've been nice to be in a cup final and a trip to Wembley.

I'd be way more annoyed if we got to a semi final of the FA Cup and lost that. 

And yep - I've been a supporter for long enough that I am cherishing being 3rd in the Premier League, with such fantastic owners, players, manager, training ground, stadium expansion plans.

Of course it's disappointing to lose a semi-final, especially in the way it panned out last night, but that's sport, Sheet happens,

But come on - we're doing great in the league, we're a home win against Blues or Cov from the Quarter-finals of the FA Cup and Europe beckons next year.

Reverse analysis and pissed-offness are maybe tempting and understandable after nights like that, but...

Up The City!

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Brilliant post, I am very proud to be a Leicester supporter and although last night hurt massively & we didn't win, we were by far the better team. If someone gave me the option of being a Villa fan and going to Wembley in the Caraboa cup or being a Leicester fan and sitting 3rd in the best league in the world with the team we have. I know for sure which one i would choose and i bet the majority of you guys would too. 

If you are down & upset i would suggest you go read some of the pre season threads and what me, you & others wanted for 2019/20. A big chunk wanted top 6 and a decent cup run. Well expectations are over and above that and we are still in the FA cup which without being dismissive of the Caraboa cup, is the cup all LCFC wants. 

Couldn't agree more. I have posted on another similar thread that we should not forget what we wanted before we kicked off the season and where we are now.

• Third in PL only three points behind Man city (who we have to play so could close gap to second)
  • League cup semi
  • Fa Cup 5th round (min)
  • record all time top flight away winning margin
  • equal record PL winning margin
  • Record 8 back to back league wins
  • All achieved with a young team

It is easy to wallow in self pity, and yes it was a missed opportunity but hopefully it will make our young foxes eager to make amends and move the club forwards to bigger and better things. The future is bright

• Like 2

After going out for lunch with the Mrs and her mockng me for missing our daughters young voices concert at NEC last night for the football,it isn't ALL that bad!!!

Lose to fecking Chelsea though and it will be the end of our club.....

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 1

We have improved massively and I can see the bigger picture. Always have, always willing to give time.

Need to get a win to get last night out of the system but I'm not optimitic about Chelsea and Wolves, both tough games.

Given the final would've been 3 days before Brum/Cov, we'd have played a weak side in that FA Cup game and potentially lost.

Therefore, we can play our strongest side and get into the quarters - 90 minutes off Wembley just like last night was.

And that loss will fire some up for the league, particularly when we play Villa in the league at home in March. 

I'll always remember Kasper's interview with Joe Hart, in which he said that the players were hurting so hard after Watford. But they came back in pre-season and you could just feel the desire to never let it happen again, and get the job done this time around. Arsenal in the title winning season was the same, and was the catalyst for that run of gritty 1-0s if I remember right. It is also very important that we expose young players to some degree of failure like this because they need to understand just how much it hurts.

There are exciting times ahead. I think we will get to Wembley at least once and I have no doubts that they will get Champions League football.

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Great post..

People should remember, where we were and how far we have come in the last 10 years. 

Maybe have a look at West Ham, Sunderland, Portsmouth pause and think......... 

Yes but its reasonable to feel shít for a few days after losing a semi final to a team battling relegation.

Guest bss9401
5 hours ago, Ashley said:

It still hurts after last night but it isnt all doom and gloom. 

We have a young squad. A very young squad infact. IF and it's a big IF we can keep this Squad together and improve it too we will do great things.

Things like last night happen for a reason, we absolutely battered them over two legs but the 3 shots they actually had on target won them the semi-final. On any other given day we would have won that on aggregate by 3, 4 or even 5 goals. Let Villa have their moment. 

We are third in the League and one game away from a FA Cup Quarter Final. 

Let's back the lads for the rest of the Season. Onwards and upwards. 

One Love 🦊

Thanks for this.

Last night was upsetting enough but we lost to another Premier league club who, like you say dug in and got a result. 

More upsetting for me is the growing sense of entitlement within our fan base. We could be at the start of something very special and I for one will be ecstatic if we manage to end up in the Champions league places and even more so if we get a Wembley day out in the FA Cup semi-finals.

I said to my Son last week that I'd give up so much for an FA Cup win or a Champions League place. We can only grow if we finally get regular European football and a stadium expansion, both of which are tantalizingly close. 

I won't ever be screaming abuse at my beloved Leicester City during any game whatever the outcome.