Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

31 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Nice to see Mitch Clark playing. He's the potential to be the next James Justin type IMO

So all I've seen for the first 25 minutes is him playing long balls. He looks like he's massively regressed.

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

I am concerned how it’s not really clicking with them that hitting balls long to Reghba when he has three plus players surrounding  him is not going to work. 

Really interested to hear the coaching staff shouting, it's as if the game plan is to simply kick and rush and try to win the second ball. 

They're going mad at some elements of play but are quite encouraging for the hopeless long ball. 

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Really interested to hear the coaching staff shouting, it's as if the game plan is to simply kick and rush and try to win the second ball. 

They're going mad at some elements of play but are quite encouraging for the hopeless long ball. 

That's Beaglehole for you, his style of football is an abomination but you aren't allowed to question it because Barnes and Chilwell have come through.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The midfielders just don’t have a role in this system, they are bypassing them when going forward, not pressing at the front. Just terrible to watch. 

Just now, moore_94 said:

Terell Pennant struggling with his back

He looks like he’s carrying too many pounds which won’t help his back (I know from experience)

The boy will need to work bloody hard to keep in shape to make it ..... does he have that in him ??? 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He looks like he’s carrying too many pounds which won’t help his back (I know from experience)

The boy will need to work bloody hard to keep in shape to make it ..... does he have that in him ??? 

Can't imagine he is overweight if he has been training with the first team, just a stocky lad

Just now, st albans fox said:

Amazing how much our bench are having to coach the players during the game ... it’s like we can’t play without being told every movement !

There's some very inexperienced players out there mind. Just doing some research on the players and.... Well I can't find anything on some of them!

It's a batisim of fire it seems.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes he’s stocky but that’s a problem for him IMO .... there aren’t many maradonnas in history 

There are some players like Xherdan Shaqiri, Ryan Fraser, and even Under where they have a similar build

As long as he is still quick, having a stronger upper body could actually help him out

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

There's some very inexperienced players out there mind. Just doing some research on the players and.... Well I can't find anything on some of them!

It's a batisim of fire it seems.

We were really under the cosh for the first half an hour. Then the bench began to start really shouting at the boys and they got a foothold in the game.  

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

There are some players like Xherdan Shaqiri, Ryan Fraser, and even Under where they have a similar build

As long as he is still quick, having a stronger upper body could actually help him out

I understand that but he’s only 18 and he looks to be too built up top ........ you can have loads of talent but unless you’re a freak (ala maradonna) then your body shape may make the decisions for you re a football career ....

I watch my youngest playing a decent level at U10’s and see some really talented kids ......but you just know that some of them will simply grow to be the wrong shape to make it and there’s nothing they can do about it