Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a fantastic uncle to look up to too.. Jermaine 

Jermaine has had a rough life not many people bar some come out the meadows a good person. Wes unfortunately also was raised there.

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Jermaine has had a rough life not many people bar some come out the meadows a good person. Wes unfortunately also was raised there.

Generalisation!  I have worked in deprived areas.  There are many fantastic people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nannypig7 said:

City: Odunze; Cover, Godsmark-Ford, Abdulai, Kutshienza; Maswanhise (T. Pennant 73), Ewing (c), Braybrooke, Madivadua (Russ 79); Fitzhugh (Wormleighton 61); K. Pennant.

Subs not used: Doherty, Obi, Yfeko, Butterfill.

Goals: Madivadua 6', 68', K. Pennant 31', 78', Fitzhugh 43'.

Oohhh Fitzhugh Sir...

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I suggest you look into it.

What's there to look into? It's a very deprived area where there'll be characters and horror stories about for sure but you're kind of making out there's very little good, which I'm sure isn't the case.

As for the U18s, what a fantastic result that is, hopefully that'll be catalyst for some more good results in the future. 

On 05/03/2021 at 09:26, moore_94 said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/dream-many-player-describes-leicester-interest-important-achievement/

“The dream of many” – Player describes Leicester interest as ‘very important achievement’ for him

Puebla youngster Emilio Tare has shared his delight at recently being chosen for a trial with Leicester City.

The Mexican youngster is one of the hot properties in his home country, having enjoyed success with his country’s under 17 set up.

This has seemingly earned him attention in Europe and in particular from Leicester, who Record say ‘follow in his footsteps’.

That interest recently prompted them to bring the youngster to England for a trial at the club, something that the youngster, who has dual nationality with Mexico and Spain.

And he has spoken about that in a conversation with the club’s official media, relayed by Record.

“To be followed by a European team is a very important achievement,” he said.

“It is the dream of many. Football in England is very physical, and I think I can be that player who goes to the clash and wins, the one who competes.

“That’s where Leicester’s interest came from to come and try me out”.

It now remains to be seen if Tare did enough during his short stint with the Foxes to warrant them pushing for a permanent move in future.

Given the new rules after Brexit, any deal is likely to be a difficult one, but the club wouldn’t have gone forward with the hassle of arranging a trial if they didn’t see something in him.

If Tare can continue to make a name for himself at youth level, perhaps this won’t be the last time we see him and Leicester linked.

From a personal point of view it would be great for me in Houston if he makes it. Will be nice to get some more Leicester fans

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

A while ago now but what happened to Michael cain? Was doing well on loan at Blackpool then didn’t something happen whilst on loan and then vanish?

Looks like he has ended up floating around non-league, split by a brief spell in Thailand where he scored this goal, had to turn down my sound because of the commentary when he put the ball in the net lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like he has ended up floating around non-league, split by a brief spell in Thailand where he scored this goal, had to turn down my sound because of the commentary when he put the ball in the net lol

Surprised by that, always looked a tidy player. Thought he’d have a decent career in League One possibly even Championship.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

4th tier of Thai football. :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Surprised by that, always looked a tidy player. Thought he’d have a decent career in League One possibly even Championship.

Certainly strange, he had to drop from playing League Two level with Blackpool to Vanarama North/South with Whitehawk, ended up in even lower leagues outside the conference levels with Hitchin and Bishop Aukland and as mentioned by @Steven strangely the 4th tier of Thai football

Now apparently plays for Blyth Spartans who were on just 6 points after 14 games this season before it was ended

Edited by moore_94