Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Shade off, Godsmark-ford on

First match back playing for Shade since being injured in October, which was also actually against Brighton

U23's now mirroring the 1st team with replacing strikers and wingers with defenders and DCM's.

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This this and this, its pretty disgusting that our best U18 player of the last 18 months who scored a hattrick in his last game for them followed up by a good cameo in the U23's and then training with the 1st team, is on the bench for the U23's when it's as decimated as it is with trialists that have no business being here. 

Unless Pennant was the U23 player training with the 1st team who went to this house party? Although I doubt he'd be playing tonight if so.

I’d guess the young polish keeper not involved tonight is the one from training with first team at the house party? 

10 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I’d guess the young polish keeper not involved tonight is the one from training with first team at the house party? 

Not sure as he played for the U23's last week. There were 3 U23's players at the house party and supposedly 1 of them had been training with the 1st team. 

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure as he played for the U23's last week. There were 3 U23's players at the house party and supposedly 1 of them had been training with the 1st team. 

Fair enough, which 23s weren’t in last two weeks but still with the firsts, I guess we will never know 

Interesting.

It might be because of trialists... but would anyone be surprised if the club might have made the decision not to televise the last couple because of the heat that they’re getting on here? 

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Interesting.

It might be because of trialists... but would anyone be surprised if the club might have made the decision not to televise the last couple because of the heat that they’re getting on here? 

I doubt they're worried about that, the majority of the people on here take no notice of the U23s, let alone the wider fanbase.

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

As we have hardly any strikers for Thursday's match, it could be that Reghba is being saved for that. Not convinced about his skill levels but I don't think he will be found wanting physically

....who can tell if he is not going to be another one who steps up in the first team!!!

Much like Vardy he could occupy their back line and puts himself about. Would be surprised if we did not start with Vardy and Reghba gets the last 30 minutes. This is such a big game we need to at least get the best team available to start the game.

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....who can tell if he is not going to be another one who steps up in the first team!!!

Much like Vardy he could occupy their back line and puts himself about. Would be surprised if we did not start with Vardy and Reghba gets the last 30 minutes. This is such a big game we need to at least get the best team available to start the game.

Reghba can’t play, ineligible for same reasons as VDC

40 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I really want to see what Reghba could do if he’s playing with players who could feed him like Maddison, Barnes, etc. Hopefully he will get a look in  during preseason.

Drew 1-1, Butterfill with our goal. Will Alves made his debut for the U18's coming on with 13 mins to go. The 18's are slowly getting better, there's been a lot of U16's move up and some of these have even had a sniff at the U23's this season too so it's all good experience for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Drew 1-1, Butterfill with our goal. Will Alves made his debut for the U18's coming on with 13 mins to go. The 18's are slowly getting better, there's been a lot of U16's move up and some of these have even had a sniff at the U23's this season too so it's all good experience for them.

Do you know much about Alves? Where does he play? 

1 minute ago, lcfcell said:

Do you know much about Alves? Where does he play? 

He's an attacking midfielder. I don't know much about him other than he won a competition for ridiculous skills and the clips he posts on Instagram of U16 games he just takes the piss. Opposition can't get near him but I'm not sure how we'll rounded he is as a player. He's been in a few England youth squads.

• Like 1