Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

11 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Is Alves the lad who was featured on the BBC Football site doing some freestyle challenge? Looked pretty decent from what I recall. 

Yes

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Is Alves the kid from that cringey video (BBC maybe?) that was circulating a few months back?

Yes

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's an attacking midfielder. I don't know much about him other than he won a competition for ridiculous skills and the clips he posts on Instagram of U16 games he just takes the piss. Opposition can't get near him but I'm not sure how we'll rounded he is as a player. He's been in a few England youth squads.

It's always hard to tell if a player is just flashy skill or whether he's actually a decent well rounded player at that age. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's always hard to tell if a player is just flashy skill or whether he's actually a decent well rounded player at that age. 

i’ve seen him first hand his passing is incredible as well as his finishing. he was due to play for the 18s against i believe it was southampton a few days ago but picked up a knock in training. 

1 hour ago, Nannypig7 said:

What happened to the American lad?

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

played for the U23s the other night

I imagine he means Zach Booth? Hasn't played or been in a match day squad for the under 18s since November

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Terell Pennant the only possible winger we have that " might " be able to step up but it's a huge ask. He's made about 2 appearances for the U23's before being called up to be part of the 1st team training for the rest of the season. 

Shane Flynn left wing? Already been in a few of the Europa squads, although he has mostly been a left back for the u23s this season, he has mainly been a left winger in his youth career, and I think he only played Left back for the u23s due to lack of numbers

VDC and Tavares already in the match day squads, Leshabela probably next in line for the bench, maybe Suengchittawon who is a number 10?

Who else have we had with the first team?

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Shane Flynn left wing? Already been in a few of the Europa squads, although he has mostly been a left back for the u23s this season, he has mainly been a left winger in his youth career, and I think he only played Left back for the u23s due to lack of numbers

VDC and Tavares already in the match day squads, Leshabela probably next in line for the bench, maybe Suengchittawon who is a number 10?

Who else have we had with the first team?

Flynn is a decent player but I don't think he's anymore attacking than Thomas. 

The others are Fitzhugh (left footed RW/ACM) and the French Thai lad who's a central midfielder.

Tavares and Pennant please

36 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

U23s play Chelsea tonight at 7pm

Billy Gilmour will be playing for the Chelsea side

Hopefully we might actually show this game!

What scrat bin trialists from lower league clubs are we going to be wheeling out tonight then? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

U23s play Chelsea tonight at 7pm

Billy Gilmour will be playing for the Chelsea side

Hopefully we might actually show this game!

Judging by the comms they sent out about extra time show this evening I don't think they will do showing it. I wonder if Chelsea will instead though. 

Chelsea posted an article earlier today saying they would be streaming live, although after the issues with Man City and their broadcast i am not counting on it yet. Interesting to see that Reghba has got the nod ahead of Wakeling this week... possibly an injury, who knows. Glad to see him back anyway, and looking forward to seeing how he links with Pennett as they linked well together in Pennetts short cameo role the other day. 

I'd hazard a guess that the U23 player training with the 1st team who got fined for going that house party is making his 1st start for the U23's tonight. Shame as I wanted him in the squad for Burnley on Wednesday but a good showing tonight will hopefully help convince Rodgers to recall him to 1st team training.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd hazard a guess that the U23 player training with the 1st team who got fined for going that house party is making his 1st start for the U23's tonight. Shame as I wanted him in the squad for Burnley on Wednesday but a good showing tonight will hopefully help convince Rodgers to recall him to 1st team training.

Who's that then? 

Was kind of hoping Wakeling would be on the bench for Weds.