Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raw Dykes

Priorities

Which Area is Most in Need of Strengthening?  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Which Area is Most in Need of Strengthening?

• GK
    • CB
    • Full-back
    • CM
    • Winger
    • Striker

7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Agreed, a lot has changed in 24 hours and truthfully I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go to a back 5 with Castagne signing. If so this changes our whole perspective on targets we will be looking at, for example not a huge need for a winger.

Yes again i hear what you are saying and totally agree but in another 24/48 hours things will change again no doubt and that winger will come in and it`s looking more likely that it will be Dwight McNeil but at least he is a young player still learning and not some ageing player and he will give us different options when we need to switch.

Time will tell and either way whoever the club decides to sign will be a great addition to what we already have..

One thing i will say is we really do need to move some players on, i have my list but i want you to show me yours first and see if we can agree on that ..... lol 

39 minutes ago, W88DY said:

Yes again i hear what you are saying and totally agree but in another 24/48 hours things will change again no doubt and that winger will come in and it`s looking more likely that it will be Dwight McNeil but at least he is a young player still learning and not some ageing player and he will give us different options when we need to switch.

Time will tell and either way whoever the club decides to sign will be a great addition to what we already have..

One thing i will say is we really do need to move some players on, i have my list but i want you to show me yours first and see if we can agree on that ..... lol 

Originally my list would of had Demarai on it, however he seems rejuvenated so far & wouldn’t be surprised to see him start against West Brom. 

My list is on the basis of us signing a LB, CB, winger & striker.

Sell/Loan:

Benko - Loan

Thomas - Loan

Amartey - Sell/Loan

James - Sell/Loan

KDH - Loan

Silva - Sell/Loan

Diabate - Sell/Loan

Ghezzal - Sell/Loan

Slimani - Sell/Loan

Your turn! lol 

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

21 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Originally my list would of had Demarai on it, however he seems rejuvenated so far & wouldn’t be surprised to see him start against West Brom. 

My list is on the basis of us signing a LB, CB, winger & striker.

Sell/Loan:

Benko - Loan

Thomas - Loan

Amartey - Sell/Loan

James - Sell/Loan

KDH - Loan

Silva - Sell/Loan

Diabate - Sell/Loan

Ghezzal - Sell/Loan

Slimani - Sell/Loan

Your turn! lol 

Mine is very much on par with yours but what i do find strange is how Benkovic was good enough for Rodgers at Celtic but can`t get a game at City, Yes admittedly the English League is much more demanding but Rodgers must know his strengths and of course his weaknesses! I remember the press ranting and raving about him in Scotland like he was the best thing since sliced bread and at the end of the day all he has to do is keep the ball out the net so i would give him the benefit of the doubt and use him in a back 3 along side Evans and Soyuncu,  If this doesn`t happen then sell him.   He also has good height (6ft 4in) 

Demarai Gray has had more than enough chances for me to prove his worth and has failed to do so under Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel and Rodgers to date, I can`t see him him being offered another contract so cash in now.

My list is to raise funds for a LB, Winger, Striker and a CB if Benkovic is not the answer. 

Benkovic - play him in a back 3 or sell him

Thomas - keep but bring him on from the bench

Amarty - sell

James - sell

KDH - not sure as not seen enough of him to comment but scored a good goal against Birmingham 

Silva - sell

Diabate - sell

Ghezzal - sell

Slimani - sell

Iheanacho - loan to Championship club 

Gray - sell                                  

Edited by W88DY

4 minutes ago, W88DY said:

Mine is very much on par with yours but what i do find strange is how Benkovic was good enough for Rodgers at Celtic but can`t get a game at City, Yes admittedly the English League is much more demanding but Rodgers must know his strengths and of course his weaknesses! I remember the press ranting and raving about him in Scotland like he was the best thing since sliced bread and at the end of the day all he has to do is keep the ball out the net so i would give him the benefit of the doubt and use him in a back 3 along side Evans and Soyuncu,  If this doesn`t happen then sell him.   He also has good height (6ft 4in) 

Demarai Gray has had more than enough chances for me to prove his worth and has failed to do so under Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel and Rodgers to date, I can`t see him him being offered another contract so cash in now.

My list is to raise funds for a LB, Winger, Striker and a CB if Benkovic is not the answer. 

Amarty - sell

James - sell

KDH - not sure as not seen enough of him to comment but scored a good goal against Birmingham 

Silva - sell

Diabate - sell

Ghezzal - sell

Slimani - sell

Gray - sell                                  

Sell em all

Sell em all

the long and the short and the tall......😂

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, W88DY said:

Amarty - sell

James - sell

Silva - sell

Diabate - sell

Ghezzal - sell

Slimani - sell

Gray - sell                                  

Kelechi would smash the championship, way to good at that standard. Personally I’m a huge fan of Kelechi’s and I think he offers something completely different to what our current strikers do. He looked very sharp so far in pre season, admittedly a bit greedy but looked good.

With regards to Benko I think he would of been our 3rd choice by now if he wasn’t made of glass! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

voted winger, its the glaring obvious one, and until thats addressed it will be very difficult to sustain good form over a season as it without that too much pressure is on our backline.

Not sure that Vardy really works with a winger other than Mahrez. He needs the ball from behind to run on to, rather than a cross. We need an alternative striker more than a winger, if Vardy starts.

17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Did you put GK in for a laugh? It’s obviously the wing. I highly suspect we’ll fail to sign again. Wing backs galore!

No. Why would you leave any positions out? I don't think GK is a high priority, but I thought some people might. And as it turns out, they do. Do you just presume everyone has the same opinion as you do?

11 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

No. Why would you leave any positions out? I don't think GK is a high priority, but I thought some people might. And as it turns out, they do. Do you just presume everyone has the same opinion as you do?

I'm constantly surprised that the world doesn't have little copies of me running around. Coming to this forum is a sobering exercise recommended by my therapist. Thank you for being part of the process.

6 hours ago, dooflip said:

What’s the betting we’ll go another window crying out for a winger and not get one?

I can see us not buying a winger purely because the system we will be predominantly playing won’t have them and will be reliant on full backs for width.