Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raw Dykes

Priorities

Which Area is Most in Need of Strengthening?  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Which Area is Most in Need of Strengthening?

• GK
    • CB
    • Full-back
    • CM
    • Winger
    • Striker

Just now, reynard said:

Priorities are all over the pitch except perhaps keeper. Clear we need 4 or 5 quality new players asap.

We really do.... and it’s frankly frightening that some think we’re equipped to compete towards the top end of the table again with our current squad with the added pressure of Europe.

We've needed a couple of quality wingers for years, but sadly that can't be the priority anymore as we need a new left-back and centre-back as the priority now.

Feels like getting another winger will have to be put off another year again...

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

At a minimum this. Ideally we need another creative central midfielder and a striker too.

See I put this exact post up months ago and got hung out to dry where it's clear and evident we really need around 5 or 6 players to even compete next season let alone the Europa aswel

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

See I put this exact post up months ago and got hung out to dry where it's clear and evident we really need around 5 or 6 players to even compete next season let alone the Europa aswel

I’ve said the same thing since the start of the summer. Something like this would improve our squad drastically.

CB - Kabak/Fofana 

LB - Tagliafico/Goosens

No.8 - McGregor 

RW - Brooks/Bailey

St - Edouard 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’ve said the same thing since the start of the summer. Something like this would improve our squad drastically.

CB - Kabak/Fofana 

LB - Tagliafico/Goosens

No.8 - McGregor 

RW - Brooks/Bailey

St - Edouard 

Would be nice, but that would be the best part of 120m+ just can't see spending that much.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Left back

Centre back

Winger

Striker

In that order.

The first three are imperative to us getting anywhere. The winger situation was the main reason we never sustained it last season.

Left back - Tagliafico 

Centre back - Kabak or Fofana 

Winger - Brooks

Striker - Edouard 

MAKE IT HAPPEN RUDDERS!!

29 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Left back - Tagliafico 

Centre back - Kabak or Fofana 

Winger - Brooks

Striker - Edouard 

MAKE IT HAPPEN RUDDERS!!

Agreed. Id add in a CAM. Like Greslish, someone who can drive the ball through midfield and drag our midfield with it as a consequence.

19 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Agreed. Id add in a CAM. Like Greslish, someone who can drive the ball through midfield and drag our midfield with it as a consequence.

Grealish won’t happen & I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Perez play in the no.10 role more often this season. Having said that we do need a midfielder who can drive up the pitch with the ball, someone like McGregor would be perfect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Who has said we’ve got no money?! Just because we’re not paying these over the top prices we keep getting quoted, doesn’t mean we have no money.

I didn`t say we`ve got no money but questioned where`s the money coming from??? 

No gate receipts but players contracts renewed! Maddison`s new contract is worth 23 million over 4 years.

New training ground costing 100 million!

Flights affected cause of this covid pandemic so King power duty free are 80% down, players and staff wages, no champions league next season which would of brought in much more than the europa so therefor they will have to watch how they invest the money!

And you are hoping for Tagliafico, Fofana, Brooks, and Edouard? How much do you think this little lot will cost?  I am guessing close to 150 million and you was talking about not paying over the top....

Edited by W88DY

5 hours ago, W88DY said:

I didn`t say we`ve got no money but questioned where`s the money coming from??? 

No gate receipts but players contracts renewed! Maddison`s new contract is worth 23 million over 4 years.

New training ground costing 100 million!

Flights affected cause of this covid pandemic so King power duty free are 80% down, players and staff wages, no champions league next season which would of brought in much more than the europa so therefor they will have to watch how they invest the money!

And you are hoping for Tagliafico, Fofana, Brooks, and Edouard? How much do you think this little lot will cost?  I am guessing close to 150 million and you was talking about not paying over the top....

It was a wish list for starters. £150 millions is a huge stretch too. Tagliafico £30m max, Fofana £20m, Brooks £30m, Edouard £30m. £110m at an absolute maximum, minus £50m from the Chilwell sale, that’s a net spend of £60m. Which imo isn’t a huge net spend with European football on the horizon. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

It was a wish list for starters. £150 millions is a huge stretch too. Tagliafico £30m max, Fofana £20m, Brooks £30m, Edouard £30m. £110m at an absolute maximum, minus £50m from the Chilwell sale, that’s a net spend of £60m. Which imo isn’t a huge net spend with European football on the horizon. 

And all in mid pandemic. You certainly win optimist of the thread award , either that or you’ve turned your attic into a well lit greenhouse.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Yeah i get you! We all have a wish list and i am on your side as i like your list apart from David Brooks who is injury prone and will also miss the start of the Championship season for Bournemouth,

Edouard has scored 49 goals in 82 appearances for Celtic which is just amazing hence why there is a reported 23 clubs in for him so this would just start some kind of a bidding war surely!  Yes id like to think that we would get him over any other club(if we are interested) because of the Rodgers connection but not sure we will and i think the bidding will start at 40 million.

I would also love to see us sign Tagliafico but because we are on the verge of signing Castagne i don`t think it will happen as he can operate on both flanks exactly the same as JJ can, but all the same i would like to see Tags on the left and Castagne on the right and we still have Ricardo when he is fit.

I have watched the video clip of Fofana as i know nothing about him but he looks amazing if we could get him.

As for the £50m from the Chilwell sale that will just be blown on wages, signing on fees and agent fees.  

6 minutes ago, W88DY said:

Yeah i get you! We all have a wish list and i am on your side as i like your list apart from David Brooks who is injury prone and will also miss the start of the Championship season for Bournemouth,

Edouard has scored 49 goals in 82 appearances for Celtic which is just amazing hence why there is a reported 23 clubs in for him so this would just start some kind of a bidding war surely!  Yes id like to think that we would get him over any other club(if we are interested) because of the Rodgers connection but not sure we will and i think the bidding will start at 40 million.

I would also love to see us sign Tagliafico but because we are on the verge of signing Castagne i don`t think it will happen as he can operate on both flanks exactly the same as JJ can, but all the same i would like to see Tags on the left and Castagne on the right and we still have Ricardo when he is fit.

I have watched the video clip of Fofana as i know nothing about him but he looks amazing if we could get him.

As for the £50m from the Chilwell sale that will just be blown on wages, signing on fees and agent fees.  

Agreed, a lot has changed in 24 hours and truthfully I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go to a back 5 with Castagne signing. If so this changes our whole perspective on targets we will be looking at, for example not a huge need for a winger.