Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FerrisBueller

Third Kit

5 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Not maroon, but claret, brown, plenty similar shades are all over English football.

Claret is completely different to maroon. And there's one club that where maroon that I can think of, Northampton. And maybe 4 that wear claret, Villa, Burnley, West Ham and Scunthorpe. It hardly all over English football.

I don’t get what everyone sees in this kit. The sides look like they were taken from a completely different shirt, it’s got strange white armpit patches; it’s plain (which I usually like) but there’s nothing classic about it. I don’t see the point of introducing maroon and then not doing something that makes the shirt stand out for being bold, classic, or memorable in any way. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I don’t get what everyone sees in this kit. The sides look like they were taken from a completely different shirt, it’s got strange white armpit patches; it’s plain (which I usually like) but there’s nothing classic about it. I don’t see the point of introducing maroon and then not doing something that makes the shirt stand out for being bold, classic, or memorable in any way. 

Also, what is it about football shirts that turn all of into fashion designers? 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

The bold, classic or memorable bit about the shirt is surely this new colour?

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Claret is completely different to maroon. And there's one club that where maroon that I can think of, Northampton. And maybe 4 that wear claret, Villa, Burnley, West Ham and Scunthorpe. It hardly all over English football.

Not when you're colourblind, like 8% of the population. If we use the third kit when there's plenty of contrast with the opponent's kit I'll be happy.

4 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Not when you're colourblind, like 8% of the population. If we use the third kit when there's plenty of contrast with the opponent's kit I'll be happy.

So it’s completely different to the 92% of the population who aren’t colourblind. 

Plus, this will only affect the ‘red-green’ affected which is again, a percentage of colourblind people, so it’ll be lower than 8%. 

Back to the kits... I just love a round neck and hate the v-necks. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

So it’s completely different to the 92% of the population who aren’t colourblind. 

Plus, this will only affect the ‘red-green’ affected which is again, a percentage of colourblind people, so it’ll be lower than 8%. 

Back to the kits... I just love a round neck and hate the v-necks. 

Your point being...?

Just now, The_77 said:

And somehow the shirt still manages to be none of that. :plancque:

Oh, well, as long as we win in it, I won’t care!

Disagree.  I think the fact it is a new colour certainly does that - a bit like the pink kit did last year.

I guess you simply don’t like the kit?

35 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

My point being Claret and Maroon are completely different colours. Colour blind on not, they are different, regardless of how someone interprets them. 

I'd suggest in theory maroon is more of a brown tone whilst claret a red tone. 

In practice however there appears to be very little difference!

OK, even if we lump maroon and claret together because 8% of people have colour blindness 🙄,  that's still only 5 teams out of the 96. In comparison there are 11* teams who have white or mainly white shirts (Fulham, Leeds, Spurs, Derby, Preston, Swansea, MK Dons, Bolton, Newport, Port Vale, Tranmere). Seeing as @Nicolo Barella was complaining the maroon kit was too common whilst liking the white one, its obviously bull.

*That doesn't include all the teams that have large amounts of white on their shirt, in stripes or quarters like Newcastle, Sunderland, Blackburn, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, and many more. And again I'm not even considering the ones who have white away shirts, whilst I doubt there's another maroon/claret away kit out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

Disagree.  I think the fact it is a new colour certainly does that - a bit like the pink kit did last year.

I guess you simply don’t like the kit?

The pink kit was executed much better all around which much better touches, and a nicer looking badge, IMO. This one is awkward and has strange elements (armpits, sides, badge, mismatched stripes to the shorts, etc.).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Claret vs Maroon. I love the pointless arguments we have on foxestalk. It reminds me of rose vs cinquefoil all over again. 

I feel silly getting involved now. I just wasn’t having it that because some people can’t see the difference, that it means they aren’t different. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

OK, even if we lump maroon and claret together because 8% of people have colour blindness 🙄,  that's still only 5 teams out of the 96. In comparison there are 11* teams who have white or mainly white shirts (Fulham, Leeds, Spurs, Derby, Preston, Swansea, MK Dons, Bolton, Newport, Port Vale, Tranmere). Seeing as @Nicolo Barella was complaining the maroon kit was too common whilst liking the white one, its obviously bull.

*That doesn't include all the teams that have large amounts of white on their shirt, in stripes or quarters like Newcastle, Sunderland, Blackburn, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, and many more. And again I'm not even considering the ones who have white away shirts, whilst I doubt there's another maroon/claret away kit out there.

Ok point taken. I will retract my previous argument. Maroon is a stinky colour and there's a reason it's never used in kits :mad:

• Haha 1