Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FerrisBueller

Third Kit

12 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

What's the obsession with that fox and crop badge, looks absolutely Robert Stain compared to our current beauty 

Guess it's just the one you grow up with. 

As a kid in the 60s I first fell in love with the City when they had that badge and the Royal Blue & white kit with blue stripes round the white collar and cuffs, blue stripe down white shorts & 2 stripes round the top of the white sock.

Maybe trivial,  but for me that look was brilliant and totally distinctive. 

Same with the badge. Just its shape alone distinguished it from any other and gave the club a distinct personality. 

Now it's a bit meh in my opinion,  a bit samey - like the ground,  like a lot of things in 21st century society. 

But, as the man said,  that's another story. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Fox and crop badge would cause too much controversy in this day and age on social media you'd imagine.

No way the club would ever bring that on itself now.

I get your point, but for me as a kid growing up in inner-city Leicester,  the whole fox hunting thing was pretty meaningless anyway. I just liked the look of it. 

It'll never return,  but I'd like us to go back to a shield at least. The circle design is just too generic for me. 

• Like 1

Went in that Leicester shop near the market the other day and the home shirt isn’t too bad irl. That shop is a bit weird though, you’d have thought the club would want something a little more professional and less crap looking to sell their gear in the city centre. Looks like the kind of place you’d find in Benidorm selling counterfeit gear and braiding hair on the side. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

My lads El shirt came today,pretty much the same numbers with the leicester badge at the bottom of the numbers,but the name's are sort of 3d ish!

Any chance of a photo?

I don't know if it's still the case (or if it ever was), but I can remember when I was younger thinking you've made it big as a club when you get fancy lettering for names and numbers when you play in Europe/cups. I might be wrong, but it seemed like only the big clubs had that.

15 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

I'm a big fan of the running fox too. Much better than the current one.

I think our current badge is better. The running fox is pretty good, but the current one is such a brilliant design. I know I'm biased, but I'm convinced it would be one of my favourite English football club badges even if I wasn't a fan of the club. It's up there with Scunthorpe's, Birmingham City's, Wednesday's and as much as it pains me to say, Spurs's.

25 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think our current badge is better. The running fox is pretty good, but the current one is such a brilliant design. I know I'm biased, but I'm convinced it would be one of my favourite English football club badges even if I wasn't a fan of the club. It's up there with Scunthorpe's, Birmingham City's, Wednesday's and as much as it pains me to say, Spurs's.

I guess it's down to the individual. 

• Like 1