Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Adrien Silva joins Sampdoria permanently

19 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Hold up. So Ranieri wanted him, but then he was sacked and Puel didn't like him? There's an eight month Shakespearian time gap, with the summer transfer window where he was signed but not registered.

We tried to sign him late in the day when we'd agreed to sign Slimani but Spirting then went from wanting £20m for Silva to £40m and it fell through. Fast forward exactly 12 months to deadline day again and we went back in for him under Shakespeare. The rest is history.

14 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

On Silva, that time where he walked past the away end at Palace (following a dismal display) to give his shirt to a Sporting fan in the home end spoke volumes about his thinking/mindset.

He never really settled at Leicester or understood what an English fan base expected. You could just say it was a naive mistake if you’re being kind, but to me it just spoke volumes of where his head was at that he thought that was a good or sensible thing to do.

I was there for that. Bit of a shocker. Everyone cheered him walking over, then just assumed he thought that was the away end mistakenly, and shouted "Over Here". Then started Booing.. From memory, I am not sure he waved at us or not. 

Had a cracker of a 10 minute debut though.....

15 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sorry, I see this repeated, and it's an absolute myth.

He benched him once for calling Puel a knobhead in clear view of a TV camera.

I thought it was to see what Demarai Gray could do as a striker? He did it earlier that season when Vardy was suspended. God knows what Iheanacho thought of it all. At least Rodgers hasn't stuck an average winger in his place when Vardy hasn't been available.

On 30/11/2021 at 02:31, Sharpe's Fox said:

I don't care how good you are, and he wasn't good but that's beside the point, if you treat the people who work for you like crap you're pond life. The man tried to get rid of our greatest ever player ffs. The player who went on to win the Golden Boot the season after. 

Umm … what do you mean. He never tried to sell Vardy? He only benched him for one game if I recall correctly and then alarmist journalism made it up as if Vardy was out of favour for a long time!

Puel may have treated Silva badly, but Rodgers has too on Praet and Praet is a much better player?

• Like 1

On 30/11/2021 at 08:46, HighPeakFox said:

Sorry, I see this repeated, and it's an absolute myth.

He benched him once for calling Puel a knobhead in clear view of a TV camera.

Agree. Indeed it is absolute myth made up by the alarmist media and then some fans just got brainwashed.

Edited by Tom12345

11 hours ago, Corky said:

I thought it was to see what Demarai Gray could do as a striker? He did it earlier that season when Vardy was suspended. God knows what Iheanacho thought of it all. At least Rodgers hasn't stuck an average winger in his place when Vardy hasn't been available.

In fairness, Gray is proving to be better as a forward than as a winger at Everton. Puel saw something and was only trying to find his best position. I agree with Nachos though - this guy should be a starter in any PL team other than the Top 4 (and he can still improve I feel).

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Umm … what do you mean. He never tried to sell Vardy? He only benched him for one game if I recall correctly and then alarmist journalism made it up as if Vardy was out of favour for a long time!

Puel may have treated Silva badly, but Rodgers has too on Praet and Praet is a much better player?

I don't think he treated Silva badly, he merely didn't play him because he was nowhere near good enough for the Premiership.