Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Adrien Silva joins Sampdoria permanently

35 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Bit harsh. Was he a cretin for bringing Ricardo, Soyuncu, Evans and Tielemans in? He also handed the helicopter crash fantastically. 

Yes, his football was poor at times and he evidently wasn’t the best man-manager but personal attacks are a bit bizarre.

I don't care how good you are, and he wasn't good but that's beside the point, if you treat the people who work for you like crap you're pond life. The man tried to get rid of our greatest ever player ffs. The player who went on to win the Golden Boot the season after. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Take this with a pinch of saltiness.

I’m no fan of Puel whatsoever, but we only have Silva’s side of the story here.

For all we know Silva didn’t work hard enough, didn’t show the right attitude, or just didn’t apply himself in order to deserve a place in the match day squad. 

Let’s face it, he was pretty shit on the rare occasion we did see him from memory.

Arguably our worst ever signing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corky said:

It could well have been the case that the delay in starting really held him back. Who knows how Shakespeare would used him had he been available? Then Rodgers arrived with Tielemans pulling the strings and we were always going to want him instead.

I do feel for Silva, circumstances and clearly Puel stopped him getting going at Leicester.

...Tielemans was here before Rodgers!!!

Silva was given game as soon as the January Market  was open and he had the dispensation to play.

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

He guided us through our darkest hour with fantastic dignity. He managed the players excellently and received a lot of credit in the media. If you look back to both the Cardiff and Burnley games, he instilled massive unity in what was a tough time for all. For that, he deserves some credit.

The second point has absolutely zero relevance to my argument.

I still don't get why some of our fans have this hate in their vains for puel... Yeah he's not pearson but come on let's be respectful. Who cares about his current job. And you shouldn't even have to explain the tremendous job he did with vichais unfortunate passing along with others. People think that's easy. It's not. 

• Like 4

Silva never looked up to pace or up to scratch really, which was a huge shock in all honesty!

as for Puel…had obvious downfalls, but also took charge of us in such an odd time for us as a club. Post-Claudio and mid-Vichai tragedy. Handled the latter with incredible class and that means way more than slightly disappointing results or a slow style of football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

What does that even mean? He acted like any other manager would have done if they were the manager. 

Doing a good job at St Etienne at the minute isn’t he.

Just a line that was trotted out at the time by one or two and then just gets regurgitated like it’s fact. Same as the lines I used to hear repeated that “Andy King is invisible” and “Bamba is a bombscare” -

both shown to be spectacularly nonsense by their subsequent careers/achievements. 

• Like 2

On Silva, that time where he walked past the away end at Palace (following a dismal display) to give his shirt to a Sporting fan in the home end spoke volumes about his thinking/mindset.

He never really settled at Leicester or understood what an English fan base expected. You could just say it was a naive mistake if you’re being kind, but to me it just spoke volumes of where his head was at that he thought that was a good or sensible thing to do.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I still don't get why some of our fans have this hate in their vains for puel... Yeah he's not pearson but come on let's be respectful. Who cares about his current job. And you shouldn't even have to explain the tremendous job he did with vichais unfortunate passing along with others. People think that's easy. It's not. 

Read anything Andy King has to say about Puel and it might help you understand the animosity towards him. King as a club legend, who is the last person I would expect to come out and be negative about anyone, paints a picture of life under Puel - some of the stuff very similar to what Silva is saying here.

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Read anything Andy King has to say about Puel and it might help you understand the animosity towards him. King as a club legend, who is the last person I would expect to come out and be negative about anyone, paints a picture of life under Puel - some of the stuff very similar to what Silva is saying here.

Animosity ain't hate though its not fair to hate a man. And as I've said puel wasn't a great man manager, he was very poor at it especially where he didn't speak the language. And he defo deserved to get the sack as well. But i can agree that he wasn't fair with king being that he was a legend. Just thjnk some go overboard. He didn't relegate us. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I want to read what Andy King has said now. Do you have a link?

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

It’s tragic. He’s so rent free that people analyse his performance at St Etienne to fulfil their agenda. Weird. I’d love to the posters who give him grief manage a PL club through their darkest hour.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

2 hours ago, NasPb said:

He’s French.

I've no interest in anything Silva has to say. Puel wouldn't have dealt with transfers so if Silva wanted to leave earlier his agent should have got his arse in gear and spoken to Rudkin. Whilst Puel had many faults, mainly his dull football and poor man management, he did take over the club at a difficult time. I've heard a fair few on here say he's our worst ever manager. That is complete and utter nonsense. He's no Claudio, MON, Nige or Brendan but he's also no Taylor, Levein or Holloway. 

• Like 3