Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Adrien Silva joins Sampdoria permanently

59 minutes ago, Fktf said:

They played quite a bit (however badly) and didn't cost anything close to 20m.

Neither did Jones ...? At least Jones was pretty good when he played. Mills and Campbell were genuine liabilities.

• 1 year later...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-blames-claude-puel-ruining-leicester-city-spell-stalling-career/

Player blames Claude Puel for ruining Leicester City spell – And stalling his career
By Sport Witness Team - 29th November 2021

Adrien Silva has been a regular for Sampdoria this season, with 12 appearances in Serie A so far, as the Genoa club sit 15th in the league.

The 32-year-old made 26 appearances last season, again as a regular, and he’s enjoying his football again after a difficult period during what could have been the prime of his career.

Signing for Leicester City in the summer 2017 window, in a big money transfer, the midfielder had arrived as an important player from Sporting. However, he also arrived minutes too late, missing the deadline and having to wait until January to be registered as a player.

A blame game went on, with Sporting pointing the finger towards Leicester, and the Foxes saying it wasn’t down to them. That Bruno de Carvalho was president of the Lisbon club at the time made their statements not ones which could be taken at word value.

All of that set Silva back, yet he doesn’t believe it was the major reason behind his failed time at the Premier league club. Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport’s SportWeek magazine, he explained that a certain manager had a bigger negative impact on him than the transfer delay ever did.

Silva is quoted as saying: “I decided to measure myself in a more competitive championship and chose the Premier. Ranieri wanted me at Leicester, who had just won the championship, but it didn’t work out. Maybe I could have done more mentally, but the problem was not the delay of a few seconds with which my contract was deposited, and forced me to wait until January before taking the field, or my adaptability
to English football. 

“The problem was that in the meantime Ranieri had been replaced by Puel, and Puel has never looked at me. I can accept that not everyone likes me, but then you have to let me be free to go, and for two years he hasn’t. I missed a few trains.”

Claude Puel was at Leicester City from October 2017 to February 2019, and it was only weeks before the end of his spell with the Foxes that he allowed Adrien Silva to leave, on loan to AS Monaco.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-blames-claude-puel-ruining-leicester-city-spell-stalling-career/

Player blames Claude Puel for ruining Leicester City spell – And stalling his career

Adrien Silva has been a regular for Sampdoria this season, with 12 appearances in Serie A so far, as the Genoa club sit 15th in the league.

The 32-year-old made 26 appearances last season, again as a regular, and he’s enjoying his football again after a difficult period during what could have been the prime of his career.

Signing for Leicester City in the summer 2017 window, in a big money transfer, the midfielder had arrived as an important player from Sporting. However, he also arrived minutes too late, missing the deadline and having to wait until January to be registered as a player.

A blame game went on, with Sporting pointing the finger towards Leicester, and the Foxes saying it wasn’t down to them. That Bruno de Carvalho was president of the Lisbon club at the time made their statements not ones which could be taken at word value.

All of that set Silva back, yet he doesn’t believe it was the major reason behind his failed time at the Premier league club. Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport’s SportWeek magazine, he explained that a certain manager had a bigger negative impact on him than the transfer delay ever did.

Silva is quoted as saying: “I decided to measure myself in a more competitive championship and chose the Premier. Ranieri wanted me at Leicester, who had just won the championship, but it didn’t work out. Maybe I could have done more mentally, but the problem was not the delay of a few seconds with which my contract was deposited, and forced me to wait until January before taking the field, or my adaptability
to English football. 

“The problem was that in the meantime Ranieri had been replaced by Puel, and Puel has never looked at me. I can accept that not everyone likes me, but then you have to let me be free to go, and for two years he hasn’t. I missed a few trains.”

Claude Puel was at Leicester City from October 2017 to February 2019, and it was only weeks before the end of his spell with the Foxes that he allowed Adrien Silva to leave, on loan to AS Monaco.

I remember Andy King saying something similar. 

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

to English football. 

Hold up. So Ranieri wanted him, but then he was sacked and Puel didn't like him? There's an eight month Shakespearian time gap, with the summer transfer window where he was signed but not registered.

36 minutes ago, davieG said:

to English football. 

Well Puel not rating Silva is testament to his good football judgement. 

But, as Silva says, you've gotta let the guy go if that's the case. I'd have thought that'd be more to do with Rudkin than Claude tho

3 minutes ago, Winchesterfox said:

About £20m  + God knows how much in wages for the equivalent of 10 full matches in the Premier League.  Never coped with the speed of the game here.  A terrible signing.  

Also for a 'playmaker maestro' he was decidedly shit at picking passes out. Infact beyond his Rambo style run around in his first appearance for us off the bench against Huddersfield I can't think of one good performance or even piece of quality play from Adrien.

What was he actually good at?

-naff passing

-average(this level) technical ability

-weak, easily shunted off the ball

-slow

-high wage 

-couldn't establish himself as a leader

"Maestro"

What I dont understand is there is enough smoke coming out which suggests Puel as a manager has had issues. I remember Matt Le Tissier being very critical of him. A few players have come out and been critical. Enough there for there to be reason to believe he has man-management issues at the very least. 

However, his results as a manager are not that bad. Yes, the football at times under him was painful but his results based on players in his teams suggest he did well (if you look at it strictly on paper). He took Saints to a top 8 finish with a cup final. With us, we finished 9th (which wasnt bad considering the squad and change of play). If I remember rightly, when he first joined we played pretty well. One point where we were realistically aiming for 7th and EL football. How come teams dont just collapse under him ? He seems to get decent results for long periods before it goes to shit. Its just surprising. 

32 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Also for a 'playmaker maestro' he was decidedly shit at picking passes out. Infact beyond his Rambo style run around in his first appearance for us off the bench against Huddersfield I can't think of one good performance or even piece of quality play from Adrien.

What was he actually good at?

-naff passing

-average(this level) technical ability

-weak, easily shunted off the ball

-slow

-high wage 

-couldn't establish himself as a leader

"Maestro"

Hard to come to that conclusion given he played less than 15 games for us.

It could well have been the case that the delay in starting really held him back. Who knows how Shakespeare would used him had he been available? Then Rodgers arrived with Tielemans pulling the strings and we were always going to want him instead.

I do feel for Silva, circumstances and clearly Puel stopped him getting going at Leicester.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Hard to come to that conclusion given he played less than 15 games for us.

Just going from what I saw of him here, at Monaco and back with Sporting Clubé de Lisboa :ph34r:

He took pens and was the captain with Lisbon, had experience with Slimani who we had also recently heavily invested in. Whenever I saw Adrien play in/for Portugal his passing quality was noticeably average, that didn't change here. Since leaving us he has been much the same.

Also he seems abit weird to me. Today's article there's an image of either a blow-up full size showy photo of him and alongside words of how great he apparently is, or he's got all those things printed out on a big board and is infront of it posing with his chest puffed out, in a tweed suit, stood on a table :sweating:

Recall back when he was still a Leicester player and was training on his own, he released a video of himself from home, it was all about how great he was and had equally weird self-promo objects positioned around.

So to me he's a weird personality, didn't fit here with our social groups, was paid alot of money and seemingly has an inflated ego. Now, years later he's blaming others ... let it go man. Even if the transfer was cocked up all it's been is crap football ability and excuses while being paid ludicrous amounts of money in the process ever since.

Edited by Jaspa

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Every few months go by and a new tidbit is revealed about what a cretin Puel is. Rancid man. Club killer.

It’s been very obvious from the players and reputation me journos that he wasn’t well liked by the players, a recipe for distaster. An average manager that played boring football he started the process of the clubs mandate for transition. 

Definitely not cretin, he carried himself with utmost dignity with Vichai’s passing that was not easy. He deserves a lot of respect for the way he carried himself. 

There is definitely a pattern with him and all the clubs he manages, but he’s just a manager in the long line in our history that didn’t work out and he’s way in the past now and St Ettienes problem by the looks of it. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Look, what is all this about?

ScreenShot20211129at.png

A lesson of the maestro, I assume. Why is he stood on the table? It's odd method

It’s a feature for a magazine which fits the title /theme - look in magazines like Mundial and Soccerbible, you’ll find plenty similar photos, probably tied in with a fashion brand and/or photographer 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Well Puel not rating Silva is testament to his good football judgement. 

But, as Silva says, you've gotta let the guy go if that's the case. I'd have thought that'd be more to do with Rudkin than Claude tho

Well he wasn’t under house arrest here -

we just couldn’t even give him away 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

It’s been very obvious from the players and reputation me journos that he wasn’t well liked by the players, a recipe for distaster. An average manager that played boring football he started the process of the clubs mandate for transition. 

Definitely not cretin, he carried himself with utmost dignity with Vichai’s passing that was not easy. He deserves a lot of respect for the way he carried himself. 

There is definitely a pattern with him and all the clubs he manages, but he’s just a manager in the long line in our history that didn’t work out and he’s way in the past now and St Ettienes problem by the looks of it. 

Agreed. Don't think he's a bad person but here especially with English not being his native language i believe he didn't communicate well.. But truthfully he would be a great director of football in France somewhere. His days as a manager there might be slowing but he's got a real eye for developing and finding young talent. A decent transitional manager for us. Better than giving it to someone who would have sunk the club

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Bit harsh. Was he a cretin for bringing Ricardo, Soyuncu, Evans and Tielemans in? He also handed the helicopter crash fantastically. 

Yes, his football was poor at times and he evidently wasn’t the best man-manager but personal attacks are a bit bizarre.

What does that even mean? He acted like any other manager would have done if they were the manager. 

Doing a good job at St Etienne at the minute isn’t he.

• Like 3