Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Adrien Silva joins Sampdoria permanently

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well I can prove there wasn’t as they release the details to the CMVM.

There was a VARIABLE amount of up to £5m relating to both player AND club performance. So it’s impossible to be based around JUST 15 games.

Plus nobody in their right mind would agree to £5m extra for just 15 games. It’s utterly pointless.

CMVM?

What a weird scenario Silvas time was with us, yes when he played he was as dynamic as we'd hoped, lacked pace and was slow on the ball but its fair to say mendy was disappointing or mediocre till recent, I can't remember seeing silva play that many minutes, he must have been shocking in training or upset someone I think

33 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Yeah and by the club achieving their performance target, had Silva played another game he would have been classed as helping the club achieve it and the extra money would be due. 

It’s variable, which means it’s not a set amount and can change dependant on what’s achieved. So let’s for one second presume some utter crackpot decided to give them more more for playing just 15 games. And the same crackpot decided to give them more money for finishing mid table. 

It means at least part of the money was payable for us just finishing mid table. Whether he got to 15 games or not.

If any payment was dependent on those two things both happening, then it’s not variable. As you either get £5m or you don’t.

58 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Met him in Game in Highcross in 2018, he was buying a Switch for his children.

He picked up Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, that's when I knew he wouldn't amount to much.

Handsome bastard.

I know right, who shops in Game any more? 

Good luck to Silva. We'll never know what would have happened if everything had gone smoothly and he'd played from day one of the season. Maybe Ranieri would have transitioned the squad better and we'd have not dropped so many points that eventually led to him losing his job. Who knows. 

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So Rodgers actually loved him, but rather than pay a paltry £5m. We’ve decided to bin off a £20m player, that he actually wanted to play, and spend even more millions on Praet instead.

Or.... he watched him he wasn’t very good, just as he wasn’t in the games for us.

Decision was made before Rodgers arrived. I was told at the Fleetwood cup match that Silva played in that he would never play a premier league match again. 

4 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Decision was made before Rodgers arrived. I was told at the Fleetwood cup match that Silva played in that he would never play a premier league match again. 

Yeah makes sense... why pay £5m when you can pay £18m on his replacement.

You know Sporting have to release each year exactly what they get from deals. From one set of accounts

”(a) Player Adrien Silva’s sell was carried out for fixed Euro 20,000 thousand, variable Euro 5,000 thousand dependent on individual performance and about Euro 4,500 thousand of resign rights registered as liability and contingent liability. As of 30 June 2018 a conditional of Euro 500 thousand regarding Leicester City performance had already maturity;
(b) Sporting SAD held 25% of the economic rights of player Zacaria Labyad’s associated to his transfer to Ajax amounting Euro 1,250 thousand;
(c) Player Islam Slimani’ s value of Euro 500 thousand relates to the sport performance in Leicester City which was conditioned at the time of the sale and matured during the season.”

So £500,000 of the £5m was paid in 2018, for team related stuff. Making it impossible that £5m was due for one more game.

Kept the Slimani bit in for interest.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah makes sense... why pay £5m when you can pay £18m on his replacement.

You know Sporting have to release each year exactly what they get from deals. From one set of accounts

”(a) Player Adrien Silva’s sell was carried out for fixed Euro 20,000 thousand, variable Euro 5,000 thousand dependent on individual performance and about Euro 4,500 thousand of resign rights registered as liability and contingent liability. As of 30 June 2018 a conditional of Euro 500 thousand regarding Leicester City performance had already maturity;
(b) Sporting SAD held 25% of the economic rights of player Zacaria Labyad’s associated to his transfer to Ajax amounting Euro 1,250 thousand;
(c) Player Islam Slimani’ s value of Euro 500 thousand relates to the sport performance in Leicester City which was conditioned at the time of the sale and matured during the season.”

So £500,000 of the £5m was paid in 2018, for team related stuff. Making it impossible that £5m was due for one more game.

Kept the Slimani bit in for interest.

I guess you know best and Andrew Neville is a liar then. 

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

And that is the end to probably the worst signing we've ever made. Good luck to him mind, I don't put it entirely on him.

oh, come on.

Junior Lewis  .... Akinbadbuy?....  Gunnlauggssonnnnnnn?..... Kaebi?..... Roberto Mancini?

• Like 1