Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

Was actually impressed by Villa...complete different tactics against us than they did against Liverpool..

we are just slow in our build up that gives the opposition the chance to regain their shape..

Very Puel like And no real pace in our team to cause problems..

Rodgers is somewhat fixed in his ways when it comes to signing the players... Praet, Youri, Perez all good on the ball but always at their own pace and they lack that gear to hurt teams 

Edited by Rigga
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Was actually impressed by Villa...complete different tactics against us than they did against Liverpool..

we are just slow in our build up that gives the opposition the chance to regain their shape..

Very Puel like And no real pace in our team to cause problems..

Rodgers is somewhat fixed in his ways when it comes to signing the players... Praet, Youri, Perez all good on the ball but always at their own pace and they lack that gear to hurt teams 

I agree regarding Villa, thought they looked very organised at the back and threatening from midfield, so credit to them.

I thought it was a decent game and exciting in the sense that the game could've gone either way at any time, despite them being the marginally better.

It might be my imagination, but the slowing down and fizzling out of momentum is almost guaranteed whenever the ball goes to Perez, and I hate to single one player out, but it really is bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m not allowing myself to get annoyed at this loss because deep down we all know our full 11 is better than theirs. 

Hopefully we will be at full strength for the reverse fixture and can really show what we’re capable of. 

Villa are a side which is now settling into the Premier League, they have made the biggest investment in players in Europe with a net spend of £220m since their return. We may have to get used to them being above us for a while.

8 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Villa are a side which is now settling into the Premier League, they have made the biggest investment in players in Europe with a net spend of £220m since their return. We may have to get used to them being above us for a while.

As others have said, our first choice side would have taken care of them ....but they have certainly improved right across their team ....if and when they suffer some injuries to key players they will be tested but then they suffered last season in this respect so they may be due a good period 

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

As others have said, our first choice side would have taken care of them ....but they have certainly improved right across their team ....if and when they suffer some injuries to key players they will be tested but then they suffered last season in this respect so they may be due a good period 

could they Keep it going if...

.Their CB /Soyu would be missing vor 2-3 month

..Their other CB/Evans ..still on The doubtfull list 2-7 weeks

Grealish /Maddison...missed First month & needing game Time..

Barkley/ Praet....Probably taking injections,Not fully discovered

Add AVilla Equivalents to....Vardy,Riccardo.

They will also like us have their 1St season players that Need to find their Long-term feet....Castagne/Under/Fofana

On 19/10/2020 at 11:22, jmono84 said:

Shows 

Shows how much we miss Ndidi! Players walk through when he ain’t in the team

Still, it’s not like the rest of the midfield was bad. Far from it. It had two England internationals and one Belgian international.

I’m putting it down to “Villa were better”.

I still concerned we’re not working well as a midfield, which is odd looking at the quality of the players.