Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

4 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

How many different ways are there to spell Fofana. I think I’ve seen:

Fofona

Forfana

Fafona

Fofarna

and probably a few others.

Some on here can’t spell Chris Wood’s name correctly so this was always going to be a stretch 

• Haha 1

This was hugely disappointing and the match itself was lifeless but there was nothing between the teams.

We’ve lost momentum and a catalogue of injuries are taking their toll but at least we started well and have points on the board. We have a really good squad overall and eventually that will tell, but margins at the top of the league are small and they’ve gone against us because we’re not at our best.

People care so they get angry which is fair enough but there’s nothing fundamentally wrong and we need to take heart from that.

• Like 3

My issue with our football this year isn’t so much the results but the performances. Too many have been awful to watch with an over cautious predictable approach. I don’t mind if we lose having given it a go but all too often we play like the footballing version of the Chuckle Brothers 

Swear to god if I see anybody else say we should be grateful for being where we are after losing back to back at home to Aston Villa and West Ham I’m going to give myself a lobotomy. 

It’s entirely possible to understand that yes we’re performing above our mean given the history of the club which is over 125 years old but also be ****ing fuming at the dross that we seem to serve up all too regularly for a team with ambitions of supposedly getting in to the top 6 on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s obvious Rodgers is one of the best coaches around but tactically he is shite. What did he think bringing Slimani on yesterday was going to achieve?

Pointless even having the bloke on the bench, be better off using Gray or Under’s pace to stretch a game than put a man with the running capacity of a hippo up top. 

I can understand why he brought Slim on, but we were incapable of playing to Slims strengths (aerial threat, holding the ball up) when he was on! Under should of come on instead of Hamza. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Look how easily Spurs carved open West Ham yesterday. I know they’ve got top players in attack but they didn’t have to do anything special.

We just can’t seem to do even the bare minimum in the final third at the moment with regards to making chances, there’s just nothing there. 

Yeah we’re poles a as apart.

nacho fluffing his lines and barnes constantly turning into 3 or 4 defenders.

evans looks uncomfortable and not his assured self like when we signed him.

perez well, don’t get me started (must be sh@gging Brendans daughter)

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I can understand why he brought Slim on, but we were incapable of playing to Slims strengths (aerial threat, holding the ball up) when he was on! Under should of come on instead of Hamza. 

Danny Ward for Kasper would have made more sense than Hamza. It was an absolute joke of a decision, one you could overlook in isolated circumstances, but we’re all starting to learn that these weird decisions are all too frequent. 

• Like 1

We can bemoan injuries, but most of our injuries effect us on the defensive side. You could forgive us for looking shaky at the back, but once Maddison was on the pitch we had all of our creative players available last night. Vardy would have improved things, but not much.

Most teams we face this season are going to be well organised and physical, as it's a proven effect tactic against us. I see absolutely nothing to suggest we are improving against these sides.

If we don't score in the first 20 minutes, when often our intensity is higher, you just know it won't be our day as we have no alternative plan.

There is so much wrong right now.

The set up was horrendous last night.  Everything we did was down the right, presumably to keep the ball away from JJ in defence.  It meant that Barnes didn't get a chance to get into the game.

Praet played out of position again.

People are slagging Nacho off in here but I thought he was OK in the first half.  It actually felt like we had a team of 11 players rather than Vardy never getting a touch.  He dropped a bit deeper and tried to make things happen with the round pegs in square holes around him  The thing with Nacho is that he isn't and will never be a lone striker.  He is effective as a no. 10 or a second striker with Vardy, but not on his own, not in this system which is built around Vardy.

People saying now that we needed a striker in the summer forget that quality strikers cost a fortune.  Imagine spending £40m on a striker to sit on the bench in case Vardy gets injured and not getting Castagne and Fofana in.  The striker issue absolutely needs resolving but it isn't going to happen whilst Vardy retains God status at the club.

The substitutions were bizarre.  Maddison for Praet was ok but should have happened sooner.  Slimani for Nacho was weird unless changing the system.  I'd have been tempted to take Perez and Mendy off for Slimani and Under.  That would have given Villa more to worry about than Slimani completely isolated with no pace and Hamza.  As they were, the substitutions told Villa that we were happy to play for the draw, which is suicide in the premier league.

I'm sure that Brendan is a good man manager and a good coach, a good guy to have around.  I just wish he was a little bit more flexible in his mid-game tactics when things aren't working and a bit more courageous.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

We're 5 games in and 4th in the league and you're talking about relegation? okay, good to see you have the faith. 

We can’t win every game we’re a few in we’re not going to get relegated as you say there are far worse teams falling than us 2 defeats and 3 wins from 5 is hardly relegation material we were unlucky Sunday if Vardy was fit who knows we could have won.

We’re unlucky with a few injuries I’m sure when January comes which is not far away we can buy that elusive goal machine striker we’ve been asking & looking for, we’re in Europa League action Thursday night so let’s enjoy the ride cheer our beloved foxes on from home Apart from me I’m on nights again 6 bloody nights again !!

im sure we’ll pick up from the Better performances we are used to one highlight Fofana looks amazing !!

Onwards and upwards in Brendan & LCFC awe trust !!💙🦊💙🦊

24 minutes ago, Ricey said:

We can bemoan injuries, but most of our injuries effect us on the defensive side. You could forgive us for looking shaky at the back, but once Maddison was on the pitch we had all of our creative players available last night. Vardy would have improved things, but not much.

Most teams we face this season are going to be well organised and physical, as it's a proven effect tactic against us. I see absolutely nothing to suggest we are improving against these sides.

If we don't score in the first 20 minutes, when often our intensity is higher, you just know it won't be our day as we have no alternative plan.

Ricardo is important to our creativity, and Maddison isn’t 100% fit, plus Ndidi allows our players to get forward more... Vardy makes a big difference especially to how the opposition setup... 

6 minutes ago, nnfox said:

There is so much wrong right now.

The set up was horrendous last night.  Everything we did was down the right, presumably to keep the ball away from JJ in defence.  It meant that Barnes didn't get a chance to get into the game.

Praet played out of position again.

People are slagging Nacho off in here but I thought he was OK in the first half.  It actually felt like we had a team of 11 players rather than Vardy never getting a touch.  He dropped a bit deeper and tried to make things happen with the round pegs in square holes around him  The thing with Nacho is that he isn't and will never be a lone striker.  He is effective as a no. 10 or a second striker with Vardy, but not on his own, not in this system which is built around Vardy.

People saying now that we needed a striker in the summer forget that quality strikers cost a fortune.  Imagine spending £40m on a striker to sit on the bench in case Vardy gets injured and not getting Castagne and Fofana in.  The striker issue absolutely needs resolving but it isn't going to happen whilst Vardy retains God status at the club.

The substitutions were bizarre.  Maddison for Praet was ok but should have happened sooner.  Slimani for Nacho was weird unless changing the system.  I'd have been tempted to take Perez and Mendy off for Slimani and Under.  That would have given Villa more to worry about than Slimani completely isolated with no pace and Hamza.  As they were, the substitutions told Villa that we were happy to play for the draw, which is suicide in the premier league.

I'm sure that Brendan is a good man manager and a good coach, a good guy to have around.  I just wish he was a little bit more flexible in his mid-game tactics when things aren't working and a bit more courageous.

I thought Iheancho did ok, but then when Slimani came on he made Iheanacho's performance look like a really good one. We need to find a better solution to when Vardy is out. Clearly just a straight swap for Iheancho or Slimani is not the answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Swear to god if I see anybody else say we should be grateful for being where we are after losing back to back at home to Aston Villa and West Ham I’m going to give myself a lobotomy. 

It’s entirely possible to understand that yes we’re performing above our mean given the history of the club which is over 125 years old but also be ****ing fuming at the dross that we seem to serve up all too regularly for a team with ambitions of supposedly getting in to the top 6 on a regular basis. 

Careful with that self-lobotomy thing. Tricky procedure. 

I tried it and ended up cutting out the parts that contain objectivity, insight, judgement and logic.

Mind you, I've found FoxesTalk a much better read since then...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

You mention all of our creativity but as far as this is concerned, not having Ricardo is fundamental too.

• Like 2

Aren't we glad we signed a CB now too? A remember a lot on here saying another CB wasn't needed and we'd be fine with Caglar and Evans all season. We'd now be relying on Morgan, Fuchs or Benko (assuming he wouldn't have been loaned out) if we didn't buy Fofana, for 3 months, playing up to 3 times a week.

He looked tidy on his debut too btw.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Two really poor teams. 

Perez gives us very little and Barnes looked like he'd been out for Sunday carvery. 

Little Wes did really well as did Timmy. 

You just knew that goal was coming. 

We are bang average without St Jamie. 

Slim is total shite and we were better with Nacho. 

Villa will get humped proper by someone decent, but they've done us tonight, so fair play to them

No Leicester fan should have, your last sentence on his lips....Thats how other slimey ,jealous fans reacted when we started our run in in

2015/16 ...and we lost a crazy game 2-5....so getting humped wont hurt them....

We have lost 2 home games against sides we thought were below us...Now its Time for BR to get Leicester back  on track or he will rightly feel the disconsent from the fans...Its time Leicester stood above being always the Fall guy, Rodgers came with alot of promise & landed an excellent contract..For me he doesn't have to win the league ,he doesn't have to get us in the Top 4, but he better get this squad performing....

Our fringe players have not  covered themselves in glory...But thats Now  up to BRodgers to Play the individuals to their actual strengths,to give them a Chance.

Not this they should be able to Play and support the Team from Anywhere fable....We Invest in players in where we saw their best attributes...

Gray,Albrighton,Maddison,Perez,Nacho even Barnes ...have often been given roles that are Not in their Natural ability...So Rodgers has to Stop trying to be too clever...tinker with tactics by all means but use the Real strength of the individual..

I wont now accept our injury situation..we have had 3 Windows to balance it out,und the Recruitment team have still Not found a 2nd Level support for our CF position..Nor a young 2nd support for CB...We didnt seem interested in dipping into the Championship for covering players.This has nothing to do with

Rodgers...The club has been poor in Development & secondary recruitment.....

For Rodgers, Stop playing this Non commital football,of driving forward,then checking & playing backwards. We see our players make ground,get others in position,then Fade out because they suddenly stopped thinking....This is the PL you Drive forward create space,then your players have to have confidence to attack the goal ....

Barnes Great runs,Yes even Gray had Good runs,but nothing at the end. Perez is Being hidden und Running around in a nonsense und Strange position vor him His First Game covering for Maddison was top,Now hes being asked to be a multi-tasker....Rodgers Lack of Insight on players strength...

Hes spending too much thought on tracking and even when forward ,playing with a Defensive mind set....

We have become a very negative mind set team...1 excellent to average Performance (Not results) in 8 is relegation boring inadaquate fodder.

I have been the positive pushing happy-clapper,but this is  Now the no excuse period for Rodgers,if he is has Good as we expect,he has to also get the fringe Players ticking, by playing positive,chance creating football....Our errors and performances in the last Two games were Not so bad, if we are looking to hold a Position around the Bottom 8, but we have reached a stage in our Development that Top 10 is Not an ambition but a deserved expectation if not entitlement..!!

BRodgers is being payed handsomely to deliver..there is no excuse with no spark for two home defeats .

I dont like Our negative Way of thinking....if considered fit to loan out, Benkovic should of stayed,been given game time from the bench,more than my Heroes Morgan or Fuchs....Amartey,Evans and Soyu, carrying injuries the new Wes just starting..ffs it aint Rocket science..!!  Morgan & Fuchs can Play Bench time cover,but Not 3-5  game cover...Legends should Not be forced to die a death....they aint Punch Drunk boxers. !!

Rodgers doesn't have to produce the European cup,but by things all Irish,he better give us a decent run, deep into the competition,while competing for top 6,

Even if we just miss out....

Edited by fuchsntf

Nobody likes to hear it because he's a local lad that came through the academy.

But Hamza isn't good enough and cost the side last night with completely lazy running as Villa broke through our midfield.

If he stays in position and does his job then we have a 0-0 and forget about it.

• Like 1

Very annoying result. With all the injuries a dull 0-0 draw against a confident Villa would have been ok - not great but not disastrous, as it would be 10 points fro 5 games. But to lose late on is very disappointing. Yet again it's a dull & inspiring performance, something that is more the normal for us, rather than it being put down to a rare blip. Given the money that BR is on, i think we can be justified to ask and want more from him. I can take losing or drawing, but at least back it up with a positive performance and showing some intent. Losing without throwing any punches is what annoys me the most, and as i say is now the usual performance under BR.

I think the number of injuries does just show the level of the squad overall. When we lose our big guns, the level of the replacements is just not there to replace them. To have circa 5 first teamers out is always going to cause an issue, but it is BR's job to find a way and a method to cope. Yet again he hasn't done so.

I think we just need to reassess the way we play football at the moment. It just seems very bland and insipid. When BR first came we played aggressive and attacking football, and played with a real intent to move the ball quickly. We need to get back to that level, where we play with an intent to attack teams and play at pace. Even if we don't win, we'd at least cause the opposition issues and make them have to counter our threats. It would also give us fans some belief that we are trying to win games because at the moment, we look like a Claude Puel tribute act, going nowhere fast.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Nobody likes to hear it because he's a local lad that came through the academy.

But Hamza isn't good enough and cost the side last night with completely lazy running as Villa broke through our midfield.

If he stays in position and does his job then we have a 0-0 and forget about it.

Thought this as soon as the goal went in. You could see Rodgers wanted some fresh legs in there after Mendy got bodied for the Grealish chance. Hamza isn’t good enough for this level unfortunately.

I don't agree with half of whats being said here.. I honestly thought it was an exciting tactical game from both teams and the game deserved to end at 0-0 but thats football. Inheanacho was good, he did all he can with what midfield provided him, he had some real quality touches and turns on the ball, and a nice shot on target, on another day he could of scored twice. The problem is injuries and bringing on Slimani / Choudury, why close out the game for a draw? if you want to progress up the table you got to risk for reward, I dont like settling for a draw, its got a negative mindset throughout a season going forward.

- Why did he decide to integrate him so quickly?? seriously Demarai would of been more effective than that ice skater, he looks unfit (again)

• Like 2