Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

Our front guys and midfield were dire the second half. From the most simplistic passes it creates a constant 4 on 4 against our defence so it begs the Question, what the **** were the other 5 guys doing in the pitch??!!

Rodgers again has shown either terrible tactics or he is putting too much faith in a team which ain’t good enough to play the way he wants.

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I was responding to the quote he said it was the only thing he was told to do. Read the conversation before jumping in. 

Maybe also stop being pedantic when as expected after a loss people on FT over emphasise things.

Personally, I could see the logic in the Choudhury substitution. We were all over the place at the back and in midfield in terms of giving the ball away, and we certainly were on the back foot. If we were on the front foot I maybe would have gone for Under for Mendy. 

20 minutes ago, reynard said:

Extremely unlikely. Two of those players won't be back much before February when the season will be half over. We've go the  Euorpa league to play in and not enough players to cope. We might get a top 10 finish is if we basically ditch the Europa League and keep our best players fit for the league. Next 4 league matches look like a possible return of 0 points. Maddison is clearly struggling and Ricardo won't be match fit for weeks either. Right now I don't see how we can compete effectively in more than one competition.

You're right we can't, I really fancied us for a good Euro run but think now with the level of injuries we might be better off out of it.

We might have to bring in a few from the free list like Sturridge  or throw in some 23s and maybe sacrifice some games just to keep players fresh. 

It's hard being a manager in these difficult times but it's also an opportunity to prove how good you are.

5 minutes ago, seenitall said:

So we had at least 5 first choice players missing at the start and we got beaten by a team that thrashed the champions in their last game by a lucky last minute goal and it’s all over - can anyone remember playing in the third division???

So, because we are doing better than we did 11 YEARS ago, we shouldn't be concerned about the fact that we have lost more than we have won THIS year?

12 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I was responding to the quote he said it was the only thing he was told to do. Read the conversation before jumping in. 

I read the conversation. They didn't say the "only thing". They said "Hamza's job was to close the space and restrict Barkley." That's like saying the receptionists job was to answer the phone. It's not the "only thing" they need to do. 

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Too many players injured or not match fit. It is telling and we haven’t even played any EL Thursday games yet. Why we didn’t sign a striker is beyond me though... 

Because the owners have tightened the purse strings. We basically had a zero net spend yet again. The Chilwell money went on Fofana, Castagne and Under's loan fee, and there was nothing left for a striker.

Hamza isn't premier league class, shouldn't be in the match day squad. His positioning is so bad defensively and his passing is poor.Thats another mistake from him that has caused us too lose a game. 

Tielemans was poor but to be fair to him that's the third full 90min game he's played in the last 7 days which is crazy, along with Castagne. Evans has played even more minutes...

I don’t particularly care for the way Rodgers sets us up, and I don’t know whether he’s ever going to pull some plan Bs out of his hat. Today was turgid.

But...

If you were behind him early season, then it’s stupid to change your mind now. We lost 1-0 to a resurgent Villa when we’re missing our three best players, plus Cags and Maddison, with Under, Evans, Tielemans not properly fit. We’ve got 3 of our first XI fit and starting-you can forgive a shortage of creativity...

If I was to compile a list of bat shit crazy tactical decisions or substitutions since I started being a Leicester fan I reckon Brendan Rodgers would fill all top 10 slots.

Choudhury as our last sub at 0-0 at home to Villa, when Perez is on a yellow and been ineffective all match. I mean, what?

It’s almost as if he’s always trying to show off and hope a wacky decision pays off. Just get Under on there and tell him to run at them. A match was there to be win.

Despite scoring 12 in our first 3 matches and being top for a bit, I just have no enthusiasm for this Leicester team. I know injuries are tough and everything being behind closed doors isn’t helping, but we are getting noticeably worse as a creative force against organised teams (we were pretty bad anyway) but it’s just so dire to watch and I just can’t see that changing.

Can we fast forward to January?

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 3

Hamza lacks the experience to play in a defensive role and yet it's the only way he'll learn. The Liverpool experience didn't help him. He needs to forget it and move on and play his natural game. His best position is in front of the midfield breaking up play, That's his natural game and he's good at it. By doing this buys us time when needed.

We'd be better served if he wen't out on loan for a season to the Championship.

That's the dilemma with young players.

Perhaps a bit of perspective is required? We've just come off a disastrous international break, none of our players have rested at all, and Villa are a very good side in good form right now - regardless of whether we beat them 8-1 on aggregate last season in the PL, they have changed half their starting players and were much more well rested than us. I just hope everyone comes back from injury soon and Rodgers remembers what makes him a good manager.

Didn’t deserve to lose today. Neither side deserved to win. With all the injuries, it looks like we just not getting any luck at the moment. We need to hang in there, get our players back. This is going to be a strange season this year, just look at the results so far this season and we are going to be involved in matches that will amaze and shock us in equal measure🏆

On 30/09/2020 at 16:03, foxpleasure said:

According to the French football expert on Talk Sport, yes he can!

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Perhaps a bit of perspective is required? We've just come off a disastrous international break, none of our players have rested at all, and Villa are a very good side in good form right now - regardless of whether we beat them 8-1 on aggregate last season in the PL, they have changed half their starting players and were much more well rested than us. I just hope everyone comes back from injury soon and Rodgers remembers what makes him a good manager.

Good point. Youri and Evans played some part in all their recent internationals

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Hamza lacks the experience to play in a defensive role and yet it's the only way he'll learn. The Liverpool experience didn't help him. He needs to forget it and move on and play his natural game. His best position is in front of the midfield breaking up play, That's his natural game and he's good at it. By doing this buys us time when needed.

We'd be better served if he wen't out on loan for a season to the Championship.

That's the dilemma with young players.

He gives the impression that a lack of concentration is going to hold back his career - he doesn’t seem to learn .