Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

Although we were poor I don’t think it’s fair to not consider the fact our 5 best players didn’t/couldn’t start today. It’s the type of lineup you see in the FA Cup 4th round against Fulham. This is the exact type of performance I was expecting vs West Brom, Burnley etc, I think it’s just caught up with us. I’m not concerned because I know we will get better as players come back from injury. I know we’re not doing ourselves any favours at the moment but it will get better. 

Edited by Ian Nacho
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, matty98 said:

Where's the ambition to actually win the game?

Under had a decent international break and we just left him on the bench for Perez who offers nothing.

...Rodgers was too worried about being countered!!!

Perez was there for his workrate, closing down and regaining possession, our problem was the inability of our front players to take some responsibility as oppose to passing in shooting positions.

Nacho is not someone who leads the line, never was and never will be, he plays second striker or in the "10" spot with the main striker ahead of him. He is totally out of his depth when played upfront and we cannot judge him in the absence of Vardy because the roles they are made for are not the same. Constantly fouling a defender with nowhere to go and is under pressure in his own box is insane and yet he did it time and time again. It was like he knew he had do something but was not sure what that something should be so stick a foot in or push the player from behind. The defender is praying for contact, any little thing, so he can go down and buy his way out of the predicament.

It makes you wonder, what the coaches impart to the players...!!!

41 minutes ago, seenitall said:

So we had at least 5 first choice players missing at the start and we got beaten by a team that thrashed the champions in their last game by a lucky last minute goal and it’s all over - can anyone remember playing in the third division???

Yeah we didn’t have a manager on 10m a year and a wage bill in the top 8 of the premier league.

Expectations were a tad lower 

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Although we were poor I don’t think it’s fair to not consider the fact our 5 best players didn’t/couldn’t start today. It’s the type of lineup you see in the FA Cup 4th round against Fulham. This is the exact type of performance I was expecting vs West Brom, Burnley etc, I think it’s just caught up with us. I’m not concerned because I know we will get better as players come back from injury. I know we’re not doing ourselves any favours at the moment but it will get better. 

..I agree we had almost half the team out through injuries!!!

But we have been poor in games even with a full complement, and we can only wait to see where our present squad will take us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I agree we had almost half the team out through injuries!!!

But we have been poor in games even with a full complement, and we can only wait to see where our present squad will take us.

Begs the question IF we will be able to even field our strongest side at any point this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Our next 4 in the league... Good lord.

Arsenal and Liverpool sure.

But we should be favourites against Wolves and Leeds? Wolves have been crap so far this season and look knackered after last season and Leeds are a newly promoted side.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

A lot of spoilt, entitled babies in here.

We are not juventus or Bayern Munich we will occasionally lose the odd game to an inform side especially in the midst of one of the most severe injury crisis at the club for at least a decade. 

Still have a lot of faith in what the manager and players are doing. 

PS we are still 4th btw! 

Do you know how many points we’ve picked up in 2020?

Are you saying you’re happy with our performance over the last 10 months? 

15 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

Do you know how many points we’ve picked up in 2020?

Are you saying you’re happy with our performance over the last 10 months? 

Why 10 months? Seems a bit of weird figure plucked out to suit your negative view. Especially as if you had said 12 months (a more natural number) there would be an extra 11 wins lol. 

You may as well have gone the whole hog and asked 'are you happy with our performance over the last 10 months not including September this year!!!) 

Am i happy with this season so far? yes (especially considering the injury crisis) 

We need to start asking our players to sit out of international breaks, otherwise we're gonna be down to about 18 players for both the EPL and the EL, with the FA Cup thrown in there too.

We won't be seeing Ndidi or Caglar until January then at least, very bad news.

Get 40 points and lets try to get as far as we can in Europe, can't really ask for much more this season with all the extra games plus injuries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

He gives the impression that a lack of concentration is going to hold back his career - he doesn’t seem to learn . 

Part of the problem is these young men earn so much money that they have no sense of what real life is like for many. A few 12 hr shifts in a real job might inspire them to focus totally on football. It's a short career and will be gone in a blink.

59 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Why 10 months? Seems a bit of weird figure plucked out to suit your negative view. Especially as if you had said 12 months (a more natural number) there would be an extra 11 wins lol. 

You may as well have gone the whole hog and asked 'are you happy with our performance over the last 10 months not including September this year!!!) 

Am i happy with this season so far? yes (especially considering the injury crisis) 

Even at 12 months you have to admit there is something strange at play here. We arent very consitent at all really. One day we look like we could even go as far as reaching the latter stages of the ucl one day and the next look hopeless. Out of nowhere usually as well.

• Like 1

The worst thing is besides having players out is I can’t really ascertain exactly what’s going wrong. We’re just so flat, it’s not a lack of effort on the player’s part, it’s on Rodgers imo.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, twister said:

Does anybody feel wins are less good and defeats less bad

when your not at games I cant dsecribe it, it just misses something, the drama, the atmosphere

feels like the season stopped in march and we have played this surreal never ending echo library version of football since. it is obviously football but just feels so sterile so lifeless, I dont know, its not enjoyable.

Yes. 

I honestly hand on heart don’t really care that much at the minute. Actually looking forward to Europa League on Thursday though, I’ve accepted staying up and going on a EL run will be a decent season, anything better is a bonus. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Some of the same old passing all the way back appeared again, and it is disappointing to see as we had our CBs up there vying for a header and in the end we did not even contested anything because we passed it all the way back. On quite a few occasions our attacking flow slowed to a halt to allow Villa to get back. I thought we were starting to get rid of some of this negative mentality but it is seeping back in and Rodgers must try to change this, instead of reinforcing negativity with playing lone strikers and making substitution like Hamza for Mendy which goes to show that we were happy with a draw.

By the way, Grealish is really becoming something from another level. He was easily the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Personally, I could see the logic in the Choudhury substitution. We were all over the place at the back and in midfield in terms of giving the ball away, and we certainly were on the back foot. If we were on the front foot I maybe would have gone for Under for Mendy. 

Choudhury was hideous. He came in and the middle opened up. Mendy must have run out of gas. He's been very good filling in for Wilf.

5 hours ago, Corky said:

We pay the manager far too much money for too many of these lifeless, insipid displays. When was the last time a keeper played a blinder against us at home?

Seriously getting bored with it all now.

That's the problem Corky. If we absolutely belt a side but come up against a keeper having a blinder it's infuriating but it happens. We routinely don't test the keeper at all. It happens far too frequently.

I genuinely think if Zorya have any organisation about them they'll get something Thursday.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We need to start asking our players to sit out of international breaks, otherwise we're gonna be down to about 18 players for both the EPL and the EL, with the FA Cup thrown in there too.

We won't be seeing Ndidi or Caglar until January then at least, very bad news.

Get 40 points and lets try to get as far as we can in Europe, can't really ask for much more this season with all the extra games plus injuries.

We've got to for the next break. We have grounds especially after what happened last week. Keep as many out and rested as possible.