Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

I'm not Kaspers biggest fan, But you have to give him credit for his level of concentration in games.

To play 60 to 70 games a year at the level and performance he has delivered is increditable, mistakes aside which are few.

This is another big year for him with the World Cup and marshalling our defence through another season, Even if it may be his last with us.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2022 at 01:54, Col city fan said:

Schmeichel is one of those people that you find in any organisation (not just a football team) who basically adheres to his own set of rules. He gets on amazingly with the owners, he’s been here for years, has won the Premier League with the club and has a famous dad who was at Man Utd for years.

If he’s back in training a week later than everyone else, no-one will bat an eyelid.

THAT will be what is happening here. Nothing more.

Ordinarily I would say, fair play he's earnt that. 

But in my opinion, ignoring all the on field reasons he should be there...  your club captain 100% should be at the team bonding time.  If Iversen has been stepping up over the last few weeks and performs well in the friendlies... he should be considered to start ...not just there to make up the numbers like ward 

If he doesnt want to be at these things anymore he shouldnt be captain. Simple as. 

Edited by Lambert09

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Ordinarily I would say, fair play he's earnt that. 

But in my opinion, ignoring all the on field reasons he should be there...  your club captain 100% should be at the team bonding time.  If Iversen has been stepping up over the last few weeks and performs well in the friendlies... he should be considered to start ...not just there to make up the numbers like ward 

If he doesnt want to be at these things anymore he shouldnt be captain. Simple as. 

Who has suggested he doesn’t want to be there and that it wasn’t our fitness staff or sports science team who thought it was best for him to have an extra week off to keep him out of the red zone, given his age and the amount of matches he’s played?

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2