Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some embarrassing posts on here

the manger has given his reasoning 

he also spent half the season denying there was an issue defending corners then the rest of it blaming players and none of it changing what we actually do

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he also spent half the season denying there was an issue defending corners then the rest of it blaming players and none of it changing what we actually do

It’s clear when he’s making crap up - it’s simply implausible- like saying black is white 

today is pretty straightforward 

12 hours ago, Unabomber said:

What a seriously weird decision it was to leave him out. Bet Kasper was absolutely fuming as this really undermined him and it’s embarrassing to have a 149 streak ended and not down to injury. 

I bet he's not. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mucfox said:

...all this bashing of Kasper Schmeichel must be a horror for any true Foxes fan.

Various FTers have often done the same to Jamie Vardy. Without Kasper and Jamie, Leicester would not have been PL champions or FA cup winners. Without those magnificent achievements LCFC might be as well known in the football world as Brighton & Hove.

It has made me angry for a long time to read so much unqualified crap. I'm pretty sure the real Foxes fans think very differently.

Until today I was always Rodgers IN. After his decision today, I'm afraid I have to say BR OUT.

This is no way to treat such a great and deserving player.

It's a disgrace and unworthy of a club like Leicester City...

Don`t be so reactionary, noplayer is bigger than the club. The reason were given and were valid, and if Kasper is leaving (As he seems to want too) then it is sensible to play those that remain in such an important position. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jimmy said:

You can't surely believe he hasn't changed the way we defend set pieces?

I'd argue that he's changed it too much and to our detriment.

I think it's clear the players we have aren't aggressive enough in the air.

13 hours ago, mucfox said:

...all this bashing of Kasper Schmeichel must be a horror for any true Foxes fan.

Various FTers have often done the same to Jamie Vardy. Without Kasper and Jamie, Leicester would not have been PL champions or FA cup winners. Without those magnificent achievements LCFC might be as well known in the football world as Brighton & Hove.

It has made me angry for a long time to read so much unqualified crap. I'm pretty sure the real Foxes fans think very differently.

Until today I was always Rodgers IN. After his decision today, I'm afraid I have to say BR OUT.

No one is more Fraudgers out than me, but this is really a tempest in a teapot.  By what God-given right does Kasper have to play every single game?  We have another keeper under contract and the manager chose to give him a start in a meaningless PL game.  It’s not remotely a big deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I bet he's not. 

Agreed. Why on earth would Kasper give a shit about consecutive appearances. Like that's some sort of achievement that he will be telling his grandkids about.

'I won the league in the biggest fairytale sporting story ever told, but who cares about that when i missed out on playing 150 times in a row' :dunno:  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mucfox said:

I agree, first time I’ve swung. It’s just out of order way of treating 2nd greatest player in clubs history

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

The knives are out alright – but weirdly for a manager dropping a player for man management reasons... I thought it was his job to make these decisions, that's what we pay him for. It seems a tad ridiculous people then making up their own narratives as to why so they can escalate 'new manager' agendas.

Another (imagined) killer blow for the Rodgers out brigade :blink:

So weird

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Another (imagined) killer blow for the Rodgers out brigade :blink:

So weird

These people live in fantasy land. Willing to make up any rubbish to grind their axe. I saw someone go on about how "players have lost respect for Rodgers" without any evidence or even a coherent example.

• Like 3

BTW who cares about 150 consecutive league appeareances? Are we just making up arbitrary acheivements with inconsequencial statistics? The next one will be Rodgers with a stopwatch in the toilets giving awards to players consecutively pissing for up to 30 seconds.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox
  • Haha 1

All this searching for reasons to hate on Rodgers seems too me, to be a reaction to the less than inspirational play style, the fact we are not currently challenging towards the European spots, and that’s understandable (although I think it has reasons) so just say that and don’t make up Trumpesque new truths. :dunno:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across a video spotify podcast on YouTube called the FOZCAST. It’s got foster and some other guy running the show. Anyway features kasper on a recent episode and he goes into detail about his goal keeping style and challenges of goal keeping in general. I have to admit I have a greater appreciation of his job and I have been quite critical of kasper this season.

He’s definately made some self inflicted errors but who hasn’t. The set piece issues we’ve had I feel is more down to our defenders not doing their jobs and being better organized. Look at man city for eg on how well they do it. Anyway not sure if this show has been mentioned but it’s quite fascinating.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

11 years ago he signed for us. 

11 years of class goalkeeping and plenty of points saved/won. 

Legend. 

Can't wait for his testimonial, someone who will have actually truly earned a massive celebration. Not sure how timelines would work but some sort of stadium expansion opening/Kasper testimonial pre season game would be amazing.

He's probably going to make far too much money as a pundit to get into management, but i've no doubt he'd be good if he decided to.

He's wound me up no end of times, but it doesn't take away from his moments of brilliance, probably half the reason he loves himself so much lol 

Congrats on 11 years Kasper, you brilliantly talented ego maniac! 

• Like 1