Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

26 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I can see Kasper going down the football director route if he wanted to.

I think he’s said before he’d like to go into the media side. Remember him doing an episode of Match of the Day 2 a few years back and was good on it.

59 minutes ago, StanSP said:

11 years ago he signed for us. 

11 years of class goalkeeping and plenty of points saved/won. 

Legend. 

Not to mention been a big part in getting Denmark to a WC quarter-final and a Euros semi-final.

Which was his most iconic moment for Leicester though? His great save in the cup final or his penalty save vs Sevilla in the CL?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Not to mention been a big part in getting Denmark to a WC quarter-final and a Euros semi-final.

Which was his most iconic moment for Leicester though? His great save in the cup final or his penalty save vs Sevilla in the CL?

FA Cup I'd say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

He actually made 2 penalty saves in that tie! One in each leg :scarf:

Edited by TonyN11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

FA Cup I'd say. 

The FA cup save I think won us the cup really.

Chelsea had their tails well up and I think if that would have gone in, they’d have won the cup, probably in extra time.  
We were rocking at that point.

I love Schmeichel. Having a goalkeeper of a smaller statue means that you must compensate for this by having defenders who will get their positioning right and go and attack corners. 
We never had a problem with this when Wes and Huth were CB’s. We had a problem last season… and I’m not at all surprised we did

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

heuuu, we have a goalkeeper we don't know what to do with, Alfred Gomis.  Please take it, plus his locker room is always clean!

As long as you take Perez to replace Bourigeard :D

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

It is really weird he's been given an extra week off and no one else has. I guess we'll never know but I'd love to know what's the actual reasoning for it as you can't say that's fair on the rest of the squad.

He does what he wants 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Well those were my thoughts. What does it say to the rest of them?

Well he’s always been a bit of a diva hasn’t he. Like you say of all the players to have extra time off a goalie is a bit weird. 

My guess as to why Kasper has been given an extra week, and others who will also be at the world cup haven't, is down to Kasper's age. Perhaps he feels the need for extra rest as he is 35 and has played about 70 games in the last 12 months.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It is really weird he's been given an extra week off and no one else has. I guess we'll never know but I'd love to know what's the actual reasoning for it as you can't say that's fair on the rest of the squad.

Unless you know all the player circumstances it impossible to know.

People get obsessed with treating everyone equally, but it actually about having an equitable approach, people are treated fairly but differently.

As long as BR/club can justify it fairness to the group not an issue. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Am I right in thinking he didn't join them all in Thailand either straight after the season ended?

As well as thinking why would a goalkeeper of all positions need an extra week off? The reason given is absolute drivel because we have a number of players that will be a the World Cup. 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.93dd75655b742ee6fb3e5aab7c47fa7a.gif

Have there been any suggestions we'll be giving him a testimonial any time in the near future? Been here more than the requisite ten years now and presumably won't be staying that much longer. He might not fancy one, of course.