Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm wondering if he just hasn't ever settled - one reason British players often struggle abroad is language/culture issues, and maybe that's happened to him here. In fact it might be true of Soumare too.

Not trying to make excuses, so much as trying to understand,

I see it more clearly than that mate. Cags has been bang average this year BUT teams know he can be very very good too

Amartey has been as bad imo but I doubt there’s many suitors vying for his services.

Therefore, we sell Cags. We’ll get decent money for him

It’ll be based on money I think 

Edited by Col city fan

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I see it more clearly than that mate. Cags has been bang average this year BUT teams know he can be very very good too

Amartey has been as bad imo but I doubt there’s many suitors vying for his services.

Therefore, we sell Cags. We’ll get decent money for him

If we do sell Cags I for one will miss him. He hasn’t had his best season but we know he is capable of much more. He has personality on the pitch and there aren’t enough of those around. Will miss those cruyff turns. 

• Like 2

Just now, Supergray22 said:

If we do sell Cags I for one will miss him. He hasn’t had his best season but we know he is capable of much more. He has personality on the pitch and there aren’t enough of those around. Will miss those cruyff turns. 

I genuinely feel Cags has suffered from having to play alongside Amartey. However, he WAS dropping off anyway. He had an awful Euros

Cags is a big bull of a CB. He needs a top defender alongside him to perform to his best. I guess that’s what other managers think too

The shame is I think he could form a great partnership with Fofana but I doubt he’ll get the chance to 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I genuinely feel Cags has suffered from having to play alongside Amartey. However, he WAS dropping off anyway. He had an awful Euros

Cags is a big bull of a CB. He needs a top defender alongside him to perform to his best. I guess that’s what other managers think too

The shame is I think he could form a great partnership with Fofana but I doubt he’ll get the chance to 

Yes I think that’s my biggest regret if he goes. I could see him and Wes becoming a great partnership. I know I keep going back to it but that game against villareal they looked class together. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

cags is a liability

He has had a few crazy moments but his positive moments far outweigh his negative ones. Those crazy moments like the Bournemouth game are unfortunate but part of his personality. He is almost like a throw back to 70s football when players weren’t robots. At his best he is a star. And he has the best chant too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turlo said:

Would be interesting to see a detailed analysis of the all the goals corners conceded this season. How many of those were blatant errors from Kasper vs errors from our defenders? Even where there was a blatant error from one of our defenders could Kasper of done better to come off his for the ball?

Here's a quick overview of the goals conceded from corners that I can remember this season - probably missed a few

• Burnley at home - Vardy OG from the near corner of the 6 yard box - Bullet header!
  • Arsenal home and away whipped corner to the near side corner of the 6 yard box - our defenders completely lost track of his man on both. Soumare and Thomas at fault for losing their man - could Kasper of got to any of these?
  • Villa Away - Far post corner - Cags fell asleep at the back post and hardly jumped for the ball not realising Konsa was just behind him
  • Chelsea at home - Rudiger completely unmarked although feel that Kasper could've possibly come out for that. 
  • Man City away x 2 Ndidi & Nacho outjumped with ease for both between the edge of the 6 yard box and pen spot
  • Liverpool away - Ndidi completely loses track of Van Dijk at the edge of the area. Jota left free to score from the rebound.
  • West Ham at Home - Amartey loses Dawson at the edge of the area and fails to compete for the header. Kasper could've come for it but was blocked in
  • Newcastle away - Amartey failed to contest the header despite being under the ball - there's a case that he was fouled by Burns but should've been stronger. Kasper error from the goal mouth scramble
  • Spurs away - Amartey loses Kane around the penalty spot giving Kane the free header
  • Everton Home - Ricardalison has a free header just outside the 6 yard box (Fofana mistimed his jump). Kasper should've done better to get the ball out of the danger area with his save
  • Roma Away. - Kasper should've come for that at the edge of the 6 yard box knowing 5ft 7 Ricardo was up against 6tf 2 Abraham
  • Forest away. Will never watch the highlights back for this game but seem to remember them scoring from a corner with the goalscorer being completely unmarked

Quite a mixed bag there, with some down to Kasper but a hell of a lot down to defenders completely losing track of their man or just simply failing to challenge for the header.

Great effort fella going through all those goals. In agreement except for the Roma one, Abrahams was jumping away from goal with Ricardo acting as a screen for Schmeichel which prevented him from claiming it. (If he had tried to reach over) I put that one down as a Ricardo / team failure. Usually the opponents put a smaller player on the keeper to block him, not as the target for the cross.  Jose's watched how we've started defending corners better and has worked it so there's a missmatch. Abrahams scored the exact same goal against Juve at the start of the year. But without a Ricardo pick and roll.

• Like 1

The team needs a shake up ..  we all know how good Kasper and Cags can be but that doesn’t mean they will always maintain it or get better ..  personally if the friendly ghost wants ‘European football’ and the Toon or whoever are interested then I’d let him go ..  his distribution is sh1te at times and having a keeper who could command his box would outweigh losing his superb shot  stopping imo ..  

As for Cags he is now too hit and miss .. time to go.  If we replace both with two more dominant and inspiring players (big ask but I’ve got faith in our recruitment team) our set piece problem could be solved once and for all. 

It wouldn't bother me at all to see Kasper leave this Summer. He just doesn't fit in to the way the game has evolved. 

As for Cags, I would really hate so see him go!! His upside is off the scale but he has really struggled this season.

Maybe a new manager could turn him around !!