Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Strange that he would drop Kasper for his 150th consecutive game? We've 2 more games to give ward a go. 

maybe they have had talks and Kasper has said he wants to leave, so giving Ward a run

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

So Kasper would’ve actually been dropped Wednesday as well…

be interesting if this was just a one off to give Ward a game. Rodgers played it was a straight bat listening to his post match on Radio Leicester!

the Welsh FA will be delighted if Ward does get the last 2 games, if it was just about giving Ward games this season then they could have done it around the European group stages, I think there is more to it but there we go

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Rodgers you little nutter, at it again. Why is it all of a suddent important to make Ward feel appreciated, but it hasn't been for 3 years prior lol

Such a weird bloke.

1.Kaspers contract is expiring and a new deal has not been offered (yet)

2. Ward signed a new contract recently, there may have been a stipulation to start some games.

3.The goal keeping this season has received a lot of scrutiny this season due to the amount of set pieces we have conceeded, to the point of the crowd cheering sarcastically at corners. As a manager maybe he feels like he has to give the number 2 a game.

Maybe not so weird.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

1.Kaspers contract is expiring and a new deal has not been offered (yet)

2. Ward signed a new contract recently, there may have been a stipulation to start some games.

3.The goal keeping this season has received a lot of scrutiny this season due to the amount of set pieces we have conceeded, to the point of the crowd cheering sarcastically at corners. As a manager maybe he feels like he has to give the number 2 a game.

Maybe not so weird.

the question is why now? All those games where we made changes to prioritise Europe no one would have batted an eye lid if Kasper had been rested too, there is more to this than being for the "health of the squad" especially if Kasper is going to come straight back in against Chelsea

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the question is why now? All those games where we made changes to prioritise Europe no one would have batted an eye lid if Kasper had been rested too, there is more to this than being for the "health of the squad" especially if Kasper is going to come straight back in against Chelsea

He was out for 9 games with a knee injury/operation 

came back to training 3 weeks ago

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

He was out for 9 games with a knee injury/operation 

came back to training 3 weeks ago

he still had games where he could have played before the injury that happened late into the European run, he could have played the entire group stage realistically and no one would have batted an eye, Kasper was dropped for more than the health of the squad, Rodgers was either trying to send a message or Kasper wants out, IMO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Rodgers you little nutter, at it again. Why is it all of a suddent important to make Ward feel appreciated, but it hasn't been for 3 years prior lol

Such a weird bloke.

It takes one to know one! :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"When we came out of Europe and I saw we had five games to play, I’d spoken to Kasper [Schmeichel]and said I’d look to play him in three of those and Wardy in two," Rodgers explained. "Wardy was supposed to play today and against Norwich, but he just felt his knee for the Wednesday game.

...all this bashing of Kasper Schmeichel must be a horror for any true Foxes fan.

Various FTers have often done the same to Jamie Vardy. Without Kasper and Jamie, Leicester would not have been PL champions or FA cup winners. Without those magnificent achievements LCFC might be as well known in the football world as Brighton & Hove.

It has made me angry for a long time to read so much unqualified crap. I'm pretty sure the real Foxes fans think very differently.

Until today I was always Rodgers IN. After his decision today, I'm afraid I have to say BR OUT.

This is no way to treat such a great and deserving player.

It's a disgrace and unworthy of a club like Leicester City...

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1