Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

12 minutes ago, Guest said:

Have there been any suggestions we'll be giving him a testimonial any time in the near future? Been here more than the requisite ten years now and presumably won't be staying that much longer. He might not fancy one, of course.

Do players still have testimonials? 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Do players still have testimonials? 

I think they're pretty rare but I remember Kompany having one a few years ago and Phil Jones saying he wouldn't bother with his because nobody would come so they must still be a thing

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Guest said:

Have there been any suggestions we'll be giving him a testimonial any time in the near future? Been here more than the requisite ten years now and presumably won't be staying that much longer. He might not fancy one, of course.

I imagine if we did one it might be more of a "group" one rather than just for Kasper

Quite a few players like Kasper, Morgan, King etc. that probably all deserve one

40 minutes ago, Bert said:

As well as thinking why would a goalkeeper of all positions need an extra week off? The reason given is absolute drivel because we have a number of players that will be a the World Cup. 

It is odd isn't it. And not half because we've got this glaring set piece issue which we're trying to solve without a big piece of the puzzle....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It is odd isn't it. And not half because we've got this glaring set piece issue which we're trying to solve without a big piece of the puzzle....

It's brainless, if he doesn't fix what he's promised then decisions like this will be hard to defend, even from the most staunch Brendan supporters. None of this summer makes any sense yet, hoping for one of our unreal seasons in the face of adversity. 

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He's 35 and had 2 summers of international tournaments - don't really see what the story is here? 

We have a chronic set piece issue that Rodgers promised to sort and Kasper is arguably the most important element that needs coaching. Go on son, have an extra week off.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We have a chronic set piece issue that Rodgers promised to sort and Kasper is arguably the most important element that needs coaching. Go on son, have an extra week off.

I’d rather he come back refreshed and feeling like he got to spend time with his family. 1 extra week from what is presumably continuous set pieces training over several years isn’t going to make a massive difference.

Think you’re trying to make a story out of something that’s isn’t there.

13 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He's 35 and had 2 summers of international tournaments - don't really see what the story is here? 

Yep, he has kids aged 10 and 12. Probably not been back to Denmark (outside of football) for extended break post COVID. 

People won’t like hearing it but set pieces will partly be an opposite specific thing, rather than intense sessions on it. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

I don't think we are going to be in Evian for very long anyway are we?

Friendly against Leuven in Belgium on Saturday and then Hull next Wednesday

Going to be 1 week at most? With probably 1 or 2 days of that in Belgium

Edited by moore_94

Just now, moore_94 said:

I don't think we are going to be at Evian for very long anyway are we?

Friendly against Leuven in Belgium on Saturday and then Hull next Wednesday

Going to be 1 week at most? With probably 1 or 2 days of that in Belgium

Think we're only there until Friday aren't we, or are we heading back there after Leuven?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Think we're only there until Friday aren't we, or are we heading back there after Leuven?

It is only an hour flight or so, so they could head back after Leuven if they wanted to I guess but I don't think they will

So only probably 3 full days in Evian? Depending on when they choose to head to Leuven

I expect it is mostly going to be fitness stuff they do anyway (they like their bike rides over there), possibly a bounce game as well if there is any other clubs on a camp out there

Just now, moore_94 said:

It is only an hour flight or so, so they could head back after Leuven if they wanted to I guess but I don't think they will

So only probably 3 full days in Evian? Depending on when they choose to head to Leuven

I expect it is mostly going to be fitness stuff they do anyway (they like their bike rides over there), possibly a bounce game as well if there is any other clubs on a camp out there

They’ll be going to Leuven on Friday then travelling back to the UK after. 

• Like 1

Schmeichel is one of those people that you find in any organisation (not just a football team) who basically adheres to his own set of rules. He gets on amazingly with the owners, he’s been here for years, has won the Premier League with the club and has a famous dad who was at Man Utd for years.

If he’s back in training a week later than everyone else, no-one will bat an eyelid.

THAT will be what is happening here. Nothing more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Schmeichel is one of those people that you find in any organisation (not just a football team) who basically adheres to his own set of rules. He gets on amazingly with the owners, he’s been here for years, has won the Premier League with the club and has a famous dad who was at Man Utd for years.

If he’s back in training a week later than everyone else, no-one will bat an eyelid.

THAT will be what is happening here. Nothing more.

"...Schmeichel left the club 2 weeks later"

Kasper has played 71 games (at least 90 minutes in all of them) since the start of the Euros about 13 months ago.

He's being given a rest because he's going into another season where he's going to play a similar number of games.