Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

1 minute ago, lcfcfoz said:

If he plays for Denmark he will have to self isolate for 14 days when he returns, meaning he would miss Livepool away, Braga away, and maybe Fulham at home

No he won't. Elite sport's follows a different set of rules given they're tested frequently .

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

The crux of the point here is why are pointless, glorified friendly (1 of the 3 of them being literally a friendly) international games being played at a time where Europe is largely on lockdown and/or travel restrictions are in place.

I understand that by having this opinion it also brings Champions League and Europa League games also into question but so be it.

As with most things, money. National teams are struggling to meet contractual obligations with broadcasters, so filling up time with pointless friendlies, like the Wales and Ireland games for England

Edited by grobyfox1990

1 minute ago, Matt said:

The crux of the point here is why are pointless, glorified friendly (1 of the 3 of them being literally a friendly) international games being played at a time where Europe is largely on lockdown and/or travel restrictions are in place.

I understand that by having this opinion it brings Champions League and Europa League games also into question but so be it.

I had this discussion recently. I can only assume it's money.  Though I can't imagine many international teams have lucrative TV deals, and of course the stadiums are empty so no revenue there.