Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Games Moved for TV (2020/21)

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

7-15 pm …..is that a standard sky live game ?  strange timing …..

obvs they've moved it as late as they can to get liverpool's players fit and salah to give a negative test result!

Nah but I think it's just an extra slot for TV companies to use. BBC have had it a few times but they've got the 12pm fixture between Fulham and Everton earlier that day. 

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

7-15 pm …..is that a standard sky live game ?  strange timing …..

obvs they've moved it as late as they can to get liverpool's players fit and salah to give a negative test result!

Salah is going to miss it regardless ain’t he as I thought it was a standard 14 days isolation that the FA are doing 

• Thanks 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Well, for us yeah. But Sky don't just show us lol

I doubt even they're as cynical as that. 

Don't you think? I don't have a Sky contract and buy NowTV passes as required. Last week was the first I've ever seen Sky show us twice in a 7 day period (Leeds and Wolves). 

6 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Our match v Fulham is Monday evening and then we're away to Zora Thursday - not happy with that scheduling, with that being our longest away trip.

If we can get a win against Braga the week before we'll pretty much be qualified. Plus Zorya are the worst team in the group, so we should be able to use the squad and rest some first teamers.

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If we can get a win against Braga the week before we'll pretty much be qualified. Plus Zorya are the worst team in the group, so we should be able to use the squad and rest some first teamers.

Winning the group gives us, possibly, a better draw in the next round potentially avoiding clubs dropping out of the UCL. it also nets half a million quid, I think. 

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

True but that's because of our results. Still think it's a bit harsh in principle. I suppose it's our punishment for upsetting their 'big six'....

And we're pretty much utilising the full squad due to injuries already. Who are the first team now :D

Edited by FoyleFox

Schedule For Remaining November Fixtures
Saturday 21 November

12:30 Newcastle v Chelsea (BT Sport)
15:00 Aston Villa v Brighton (BT Sport)
17:30 Spurs v Man City (Sky Sports)
20:00 Man Utd v West Brom (BT Sport)

Sunday 22 November

12:00 Fulham v Everton (BBC Sport)
14:00 Sheffield Utd v West Ham (Sky Sports)
16:30 Leeds v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
19:15 Liverpool v Leicester (Sky Sports)

Monday 23 November

17:30 Burnley v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)
20:00 Wolves v Southampton (Sky Sports)

Friday 27 November

20:00 Crystal Palace v Newcastle (Amazon Prime Video)

Saturday 28 November

12:30 Brighton v Liverpool (BT Sport)
15:00 Man City v Burnley (BT Sport)
17:30 Everton v Leeds (Sky Sports)
20:00 West Brom v Sheffield Utd (Sky Sports)

Sunday 29 November

14:00 Southampton v Man Utd (Sky Sports)
16:30 Chelsea v Spurs (Sky Sports)
19:15 Arsenal v Wolves (Sky Sports)

Monday 30 November

17:30 Leicester v Fulham (Sky Sports)
20:00 West Ham v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)

The £14.95  is not dead yet.

But while it has been scrapped for now, Premier League chief executive Richard Masters has intimated that it could return, in one incarnation or another, in 2021.

"We took the decision to move to pay-per-view, now we're reviewing that decision," he told the Department for Culture, Media and Sport earlier this week.

"We will be changing direction and moving away from it and taking another step that will see us through lockdown, the Christmas period and into January, but I cannot say what it is."

Masters said last month the £14.95 price was "defensible."

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Winning the group gives us, possibly, a better draw in the next round potentially avoiding clubs dropping out of the UCL. it also nets half a million quid, I think. 

Win the next game we’ve won the group as it’s head to head which decides tied points rather than GD. Only way they could change is AEK winning all their games 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1