Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Iheanacho

They really really cocked up signing Sorloth as Werner's replacement and now they're scrambling around for a stop gap until the summer. Not realy sure why they don't just loan themselves Daka lol 

Edited by AjcW

5 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Never mind. 

If you are going to take the mickey out of someone then do it properly. The post was that if Iheanacho goes on loan. My point was being a striker down. Never mind eh.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

If you are going to take the mickey out of someone then do it properly. The post was that if Iheanacho goes on loan. My point was being a striker down. Never mind eh.

He is joking that Iheanacho isn’t a striker, it was a joke at him not you.

• Like 1

Just now, UHDrive said:

I wasn't lampooning either you or your post, which was perfectly valid. Could someone else...explain? :frusty: 

I find it bizarre, that there seems to be any opinion on here, that he could offer much positive at all. The 1 thing I can credit Nacho with is that, when he has space for a shot, he is adept at shooting... but that's it! & for £24 Million transfer & £80k a week... come on. 

He doesn't run a lot, he doesn't work hard, he doesn't have the skills to beat a man, he doesn't defend from the front, he doesn't win the ball in the air.

He is a professional, who is just not at the level of those around him, or who he plays against. If we can in anyway remove his wage, and get rid on a free it will be a positive for the Club, and he would get more games at a lower standard, a positive for all, surely?

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 3

Just now, Kilworthfox said:

I find it bizarre that there seems to be an opinion on here that he offers much positive at all. The 1 thing I can credit Nacho with is that when he has space for a shot, he is adept at shooting... but that's it! & for £80k a week... come on.

He doesn't run a lot, he doesn't work hard, he doesn't have the skills to beat a man, he doesn't defend from the front, he doesn't win the ball in the air.

He is a professional, who is just not at the level of those around him, or who he plays against. If we can in anyway remove his wage, and get rid on a free it will be a positive for the Club, and he would get more games at a lower standard, a positive for all, surely?

Thoroughly agree with all of that. I've asked myself for a couple of years now how the hell did we end up signing him and what went wrong in the scouting process that must've surely picked up on the deficiencies he has as a footballer that are not benefiting us at all as a team especially when vardy is subbed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Come on now lol Vardy replacement lol 

Yes the guy has potential and he’ll never fulfil it playing 5 minutes or so a game. I would like to see him go somewhere where he can play for half a season or longer so he can be assessed at what level he’s at and then we’ll be able to see whether to say iheanacho is the man or say this hasn’t worked out, we need to find someone else. I have faith in the lads ability and I think playing regularly will help him out a lot.

I can’t believe honestly how quickly people have turned on him. If he had scored the penalty against palace then I don’t think the negativity around him would be so strong

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Yes the guy has potential and he’ll never fulfil it playing 5 minutes or so a game. I would like to see him go somewhere where he can play for half a season or longer so he can be assessed at what level he’s at and then we’ll be able to see whether to say iheanacho is the man or say this hasn’t worked out, we need to find someone else. I have faith in the lads ability and I think playing regularly will help him out a lot.

I can’t believe honestly how quickly people have turned on him. If he had scored the penalty against palace then I don’t think the negativity around him would be so strong

Like @Kilworthfox alluded to, you have to see evidence of potential, even in flashes. I can't see anything he's overly good at so to suggest he'll ever be a regular at Leicester, let alone replace the club's greatest ever striker and one of the best in EPL history is far fetched to say the least. We're talking about a guy wh is 25 this year, not a 19 or 20 year old. Potential shouldn't even be getting discussed now.

The fact he's been at the club for what almost four years now and your suggesting he has to go somewhere else to play for a bit to see if he's good enough completely contradicts your initial statement of even suggesting he could replace Vardy. Rodgers barely trusts him enough to rest Vardy unless it's cup games.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Like @Kilworthfox alluded to, you have to see evidence of potential, even in flashes. I can't see anything he's overly good at so to suggest he'll ever be a regular at Leicester, let alone replace the club's greatest ever striker and one of the best in EPL history is far fetched to say the least. We're talking about a guy wh is 25 this year, not a 19 or 20 year old. Potential shouldn't even be getting discussed now.

The fact he's been at the club for what almost four years now and your suggesting he has to go somewhere else to play for a bit to see if he's good enough completely contradicts your initial statement of even suggesting he could replace Vardy. Rodgers barely trusts him enough to rest Vardy unless it's cup games.

I have definitely seen flashes of potential personally. It seems too quick to right him off. I’m not suggesting throwing him in the team and cancelling vardy contract but merely allowing him to go out on loan to see what stage he’s at.